It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Where's the real conspiracies instead of regurgitating news stories n posting your 2 cents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
it's a conspiracy i tell ya !!!! no one has come up with real Conspiracy's lately its all just news stories that you've seen somewhere & regurgitated and then everybody gets to fart into the thread they're own two cents. Where the theory's of conspiracy? It's all political & social threads now there has been a shift where ATS is not a CONSPIRACY website but now a political & Social commentary on news stories MSM and otherwise .

So What is Above Top Secret? Conspiracies? Anyone? Define it for me could you? Have you been that manipulated that you cant see that you have been manipulated?
ATS's Motto is to DENY Ignorance- but you (most) follow along perfectly with the focus in the MSM (which you claim to dis like/hate) and each side of a given narrative. So just how did that happen to you...

So it's a conspiracy against a conspiracy website lol and you've all been had ..... perfectly

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Right here

In the exact forum you wrote this one

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
ohhh the irony LOL perfectly executed !

a reply to: JinMI

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

On that note I understand the question. I've been here a good while and the subjects as well as categories spread a bit.

...but there is an ebb and flow overtime. Attention to turmultious politics is a distraction internationally, this site snaps back quickly in my experience. Personally, I miss the 'conspiracy headlines' and prefer less political, but it all washes and conspiracy can be found even within current topics.

Mg

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I find there's a disturbing lack of doubt about Republicans here, and it has taken over the whole site. There are no conspiracy theories about Trump. (Russian stuff isn't a conspiracy theory- it's a full blown investigation and/or a weak accusation) I'm a lib, but I can still acknowledge Hillary has some really weird Bohemian Grove connections. And she's awful. Obama made some strange decisions( I still love him) that would be interesting to dig into. But there's this iron clad support for Trump that allows no conspiracy theories or doubt. It dominates EVERYTHING at ATS now. Post about an Exxon Mobile plot, and you'll get "But Hillary" and then they call you a shrieking snowflake.

Which leads to my conspiracy theory: Ad hominem arguments against SJW snowflakes and redundant Republican catch phrases are being used to stifle inquiry and independent thought. Don't question the President, or you will be deafened by all the heckling. Don't discuss his faults! Or else!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Write about one.

Or check out the thread in my signature.

Be the change you want to be.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Hey I try but if you dont pick a team and tow the line no matter how absurd the Party's BS gets, well you get to join me in the Pariah Gallery.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Need more participation in working on various "old school" site topics.

If you're reading this and see the Op as an issue to address, then get to bringing in new topics. S&F comments and threads that fall into what you want to see, even comment. I see there's little support with some topics. I know you're out there reading, but not letting anyone know.

A few people trying to change the site pattern isn't going to do much! Gotta try right?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

I've thought the same thing.

The Democrat parties, have been dissected and probed so much so it's become hysterical in most cases, and misinformation has taken over for the most part. But the republicans seem to be just given a pass no matter what. Remember, these are politicians at work, they always have some sort of agenda to fit their greedy needs.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I tried but if your not on the party partisan lines you get little to no decent interaction

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart

I find there's a disturbing lack of doubt about Republicans here, and it has taken over the whole site. There are no conspiracy theories about Trump. (Russian stuff isn't a conspiracy theory- it's a full blown investigation and/or a weak accusation) I'm a lib, but I can still acknowledge Hillary has some really weird Bohemian Grove connections. And she's awful. Obama made some strange decisions( I still love him) that would be interesting to dig into. But there's this iron clad support for Trump that allows no conspiracy theories or doubt. It dominates EVERYTHING at ATS now. Post about an Exxon Mobile plot, and you'll get "But Hillary" and then they call you a shrieking snowflake.

Which leads to my conspiracy theory: Ad hominem arguments against SJW snowflakes and redundant Republican catch phrases are being used to stifle inquiry and independent thought. Don't question the President, or you will be deafened by all the heckling. Don't discuss his faults! Or else!

The Republicans were a bit nutty decades ago - they objected to stem cell research on religious grounds. Maybe the scientists found alternative methods of finding stem cells, so that became a non-issue. Then there was the objection to teaching Evolution in high schools unless Intelligent Design was also taught. Maybe those people have retired.

Current issues are Net Neutrality for internet services (cost of data transfer vs. worth of value added feature). Something like Skype undercuts traditional value added features like international, long distance and video calls. Same with Netflix and VOD services. So Telecoms and ISP firms want to recover that lost revenue one way or another.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The real conspiracy theorists (myself) are often silenced or subdued by the more moderate conspiracy theorists that visit.

(post by DigginFoTroof removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I hear what you're saying. As others have already stated; this is where the overall viewpoint of ATS is right now. The ATS pendulum will eventually swing back the other way.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
There are some other factors at play. There used to be a lot of UFO traffic on here. With cameras everywhere, and many tech experts able to evaluate UFO footage and pictures, most UFO stories are quickly debunked. I think this deters people from posting their stories/pics/videos.

Paranormal cases aren’t as frequent on here and I think that’s because either we are so distracted in life that we aren’t in tune with the spirit world, or, because people want cold hard proof and nobody has ever been able to definitively offer it. I blame these crap ghost hunter shows for that.

9-11 was the talk of the town for a long time. I’m not sure if people grew tired of it, or maybe those who still questioned it are looked at as sandy hook style loonies, or if the evidence against the conspiracy side of it just couldn’t stand on its own. Anyway, that’s a conspiracy living in its own little shadow world now.

We are living in the world where political and big brother conspiracies are staring us right in the face and mocking us. It’s happening 24/7 and it’s as easy to see as the sun in the sky. There are some who can’t look away from the metaphorical sun and are so fixated on it it blinds them from the truth. Society has come to accept that big brother is listening in on our tech devices because it’s too much of an inconvenience to not let them in. Alexa knows what I’m talking about. Right Alexa?

But the word “conspiracy” itself doesn’t carry the same meaning anymore. It’s hard for me to say what I think it’s come to mean, but I want to say it’s more of a form of entertainment to the masses. It’s like playing a video game, maybe. People get home from work, or stay home all day, whatever, and they log in to this virtual world that was once a mystery and they became addicted to it and turn it into their own little entertainment center. They don’t actually contribute, they just post their opinions with some lame duck news source and then try to spin it in the realm of conspiracy. I dunno, like I said, hard to define.

But, there are still some great contributors here. I’ve seen an uptick in quality posts over the past week or so. Just gotta filter through the crap.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

There are some other factors at play. There used to be a lot of UFO traffic on here. With cameras everywhere, and many tech experts able to evaluate UFO footage and pictures, most UFO stories are quickly debunked. I think this deters people from posting their stories/pics/videos.

For me at least, the UFO attraction is gone. As you say, now with cameras easily at hand in our phones and a whole bunch of people hopefully looking to the skies, all we seem capable of is more videos of ''lights'' and little more. There used to be discussion on theory and speculations which was educational for a while but even that has fizzled.

Seems to me there was this hope, this theme to the UFO topic that ''they were out there''. A generally accepted theme was that they were waiting for us to mature, to grow so that we could accept their presence as a whole world. To this end, movies and such were touted to be part of the prep work. But still now basically seventy years after that first blush of modern sightings, we seem no further along towards the ''here we are '' moment then before. We seem to still be in a ''peek-a-boo'' phase. Me, I just have no interest in it any longer as like much else it all just comes down to conjecture.

Paranormal cases aren’t as frequent on here and I think that’s because either we are so distracted in life that we aren’t in tune with the spirit world, or, because people want cold hard proof and nobody has ever been able to definitively offer it. I blame these crap ghost hunter shows for that.

This as well seems passe what with all the equipment now available. And once again we are left with little more than conjecture. I agree with you on the Ghost Hunters crap as well. That brings up another point, that of when something becomes ''popular'' it seems to be co-opted by money makers and watered down into pablum for the masses. Same with the UFO stuff to my mind. Now there is a conspiracy for us, how money makes things mundane. But to move on.

9-11

Yep, it's own little world. So much has been said and suggested that it's like panning for gold when there have been a million others panning up stream for a century.

But the word “conspiracy” itself doesn’t carry the same meaning anymore. It’s hard for me to say what I think it’s come to mean, but I want to say it’s more of a form of entertainment to the masses.

That's a hammer blow of truth right there. That runs right back to the money issue. How the monetary drive takes hold of just about everything indigenous and turns it into a profit motive. Pop music is the same. Rock was revolutionary but then became the engine of Pop culture. Then Hip Hop, revolutionary, but when the money came to invest in it now it is a money making machine. I see this in the same light as UFOs and ghosts. It' s all entertainment now.

And even that idea drives us down the lane of just how entertained we are and can be. And how this makes us a vastly different species then we were just a hundred years ago. Or fifty or 20 for that matter. The Huge change from a species that spent most of it's time securing survival to a species that survives to be entertained.

Like you, I really don't know how to say these things, just toss them out there and hope that someone can pick up the gist and toss it back to me with their own clarifications.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Oh you love it in the gallery and you know it!

My last conspiracy thread was China claiming to launch artificial satellites to illuminate urban areas for lower energy consumption, which I am dead certain is just a bs explanation to dismiss the aliens that will be hanging out parked in their sky indefinitely. Does that count???

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Assassin82

For me at least, the UFO attraction is gone. As you say, now with cameras easily at hand in our phones and a whole bunch of people hopefully looking to the skies, all we seem capable of is more videos of ''lights'' and little more. There used to be discussion on theory and speculations which was educational for a while but even that has fizzled.

Seems to me there was this hope, this theme to the UFO topic that ''they were out there''. A generally accepted theme was that they were waiting for us to mature, to grow so that we could accept their presence as a whole world. To this end, movies and such were touted to be part of the prep work. But still now basically seventy years after that first blush of modern sightings, we seem no further along towards the ''here we are '' moment then before. We seem to still be in a ''peek-a-boo'' phase. Me, I just have no interest in it any longer as like much else it all just comes down to conjecture.

This as well seems passe what with all the equipment now available. And once again we are left with little more than conjecture. I agree with you on the Ghost Hunters crap as well. That brings up another point, that of when something becomes ''popular'' it seems to be co-opted by money makers and watered down into pablum for the masses. Same with the UFO stuff to my mind. Now there is a conspiracy for us, how money makes things mundane. But to move on.

9-11

Yep, it's own little world. So much has been said and suggested that it's like panning for gold when there have been a million others panning up stream for a century.

But the word “conspiracy” itself doesn’t carry the same meaning anymore. It’s hard for me to say what I think it’s come to mean, but I want to say it’s more of a form of entertainment to the masses.

That's a hammer blow of truth right there. That runs right back to the money issue. How the monetary drive takes hold of just about everything indigenous and turns it into a profit motive. Pop music is the same. Rock was revolutionary but then became the engine of Pop culture. Then Hip Hop, revolutionary, but when the money came to invest in it now it is a money making machine. I see this in the same light as UFOs and ghosts. It' s all entertainment now.

And even that idea drives us down the lane of just how entertained we are and can be. And how this makes us a vastly different species then we were just a hundred years ago. Or fifty or 20 for that matter. The Huge change from a species that spent most of it's time securing survival to a species that survives to be entertained.

Like you, I really don't know how to say these things, just toss them out there and hope that someone can pick up the gist and toss it back to me with their own clarifications.

You know what I’m most fascinated with now is the theory of an ancient intelligent civilization prior to the last ice age. I’ve listened too and read some great theories about the topic, and how a cataclysmic event like SIDA (I know there was a recent thread about it) and/or a global flood caused by a astroidal impact (another recent thread discussing a large crater found in Greenland that could be relative to it) essentially wiped out civilization and forced the survivors underground for a long time.

I know it’s not conspiracy, per say, unless TPTB don’t want people to know the truth. But it is an alternative view that in my opinion deserves more resources. I suppose there are some who suggest Egypt is preventing a certain type of research from occurring towards this, so maybe that makes it a conspiracy.

Anyway, when I’m finished with my current professional goals I hope to do some personal research on it and see what else I can learn.
edit on 16-11-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I read somewhere recently that up to 85 percent of the legal marijuana industry in the US is controlled by a single investment group and nobody is exactly sure who or what is behind it. My guess is Anheuser-Busch and Phillip Morris. Those guys know the best way to eliminate your competition is to buy it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join