It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange ‘Has Been Charged,’ According to Justice Department Filing

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
He'll never get a fair trial. Governments have too much power. I applaud Ecuador for standing up to the US and UK. Most countries would not.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Don't worry. It's all for show. To balance against what the DOJ will do after charging Assange.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
He'll never get a fair trial. Governments have too much power.

Well, in the UK you would at least be able to go to the court and /or read the court papers. In that way you could judge whether he had a fair hearing. Also, you would not get government interference - it just does not happen. Anyway if it comes to it this is the UK extradition process.

I think he's been treated very fairly in the UK and has used and abused the legals system to avoid facing allegations of rape.

Supreme court - just search for Assange
Courts and Tribunals - just search for Assange
edit on 16/11/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

He'll never get a fair trial. Governments have too much power.

Well, in the UK you would at least be able to go to the court and /or read the court papers. In that way you could judge whether he had a fair hearing. Also, you would not get government interference - it just does not happen. Anyway if it comes to it this is the UK extradition process.

I think he's been treated very fairly in the UK and has used and abused the legals system to avoid facing allegations of rape.

Supreme court - just search for Assange
Courts and Tribunals - just search for Assange

What what has he done. He give out information, peels back the veil of government. Show us what's really going on. That shouldn't be a crime. If you research the rape charges, it appears to be made up...at the behest of the American Government.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

What what has he done.

The accusations would be specified in the indictment.
edit on 11/16/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This is not a joke they are going after Assange and he knows it.

You don’t do to them what Assange and Snowden have done and get away with it.

You go against the deep state or double-cross the deep state like the Arab leaders tried to do, Saddam and Khadafy or small timers like Snowden and Assange they will get you, sooner or later.

The only folks who got away from them are Castro and so far Putin.

Assange is small potatoes and they will get him or drive him to death.

Lesson: NEVER go against the deep state openly

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Azureblue

Australia?...are you kidding.
They won’t lift a figure to help him. They are one of the US’ most loyal allies.

Yes; I know, thats what I said.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

What what has he done.

Well, at a purely legal level within the UK and Sweden, he has:

- Allegedly committed rape in Sweden, for which he has been able to avoid due legal process having exhausted all legal avenues in the UK. But that's what legal avenues are for. Sweden may reinstate demand for Assange, but who knows.
- Broken English law by skipping bail - a criminal offence, for which he has tried unsuccessfully to have cancelled on account of his "special" nature. When he leaves the Ecuadorian embassy he'll be arrested and face a magistrate for that offence. He'll probably be quickly release.

He can then go his merry way. However, as his Visa to stay in the UK has probably expired he may be asked to leave the UK, or not. Doubtlessly he'll unleash his lawyers on that one, but that's fine. He can fly back to Australia, or his newly adopted home, Ecuador. Whether other countries will bar his entry if he tries to go there (e.g. to France) is anybodies guess.

If the US sticks in an extradition while he's in the UK, then there will be a transparent legal process, and we'll all be able to see the arguments for and against. There is no guarantee the UK will allow Assange to be extradited.

Forget all the other stuff with Wikileaks. The UK don't give a toss about that, nor did the Swedes.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

What what has he done.

Well, at a purely legal level within the UK and Sweden, he has:

- Allegedly committed rape in Sweden, for which he has been able to avoid due legal process having exhausted all legal avenues in the UK. But that's what legal avenues are for. Sweden may reinstate demand for Assange, but who knows.
- Broken English law by skipping bail - a criminal offence, for which he has tried unsuccessfully to have cancelled on account of his "special" nature. When he leaves the Ecuadorian embassy he'll be arrested and face a magistrate for that offence. He'll probably be quickly release.

He can then go his merry way. However, as his Visa to stay in the UK has probably expired he may be asked to leave the UK, or not. Doubtlessly he'll unleash his lawyers on that one, but that's fine. He can fly back to Australia, or his newly adopted home, Ecuador. Whether other countries will bar his entry if he tries to go there (e.g. to France) is anybodies guess.

If the US sticks in an extradition while he's in the UK, then there will be a transparent legal process, and we'll all be able to see the arguments for and against. There is no guarantee the UK will allow Assange to be extradited.

Forget all the other stuff with Wikileaks. The UK don't give a toss about that, nor did the Swedes.

Well, it is obvious the rap claims are false (Have they dropped it anyway?) His main concern has always been being extradited to America, so these sociopaths can throw him in a cell and throw away the key.

When he was saying this, all the haters said that was BS and there was no evidence. Now we know he was right now, the haters ignore these remarks they made, and start talking about going through a "corrupt" legal system! You could not make this crap up!

Do not talk to me about laws When the west in recent years has broken so many that led to the deaths of millions of innocent people!

Would you trust these sociopaths?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

When he was saying this, all the haters said that was BS and there was no evidence. Now we know he was right now, the haters ignore these remarks they made, and start talking about going through a "corrupt" legal system! You could not make this crap up!

Hold your horses! That's entirely predictable with our authoritarian bootlickers.

Do not talk to me about laws When the west in recent years has broken so many that led to the deaths of millions of innocent people!

That's beside the point and whataboutisms don't help. You should rather dissect the newspeak and ask the question, why journalists should be held accountable for someone else's security breaches. He didn't sign any non-disclosure contracts and thus the whole line of reasoning is ludicrous a best.
They essentially run on the last fumes of a full blown conspiracy theory with Assange being the hacker who stole the info. Ya know... a Gary McKinnon copycat story without the space fleet fun.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

They essentially run on the last fumes of a full blown conspiracy theory with Assange being the hacker who stole the info

I hadn't really heard that theory.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Page 2 in this thread:

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Assanage is not a journalist he's a hacktivist.

That's alluding to stolen documents via hacking, innit?

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Ah. I see. You meant a single person. My mistake. The pronoun "they" can be confusing.

But I suppose the exact meaning of the word is subject to interpretation.

In order to carry out their operations, hacktivists might create new tools; or integrate or use a variety of software tools readily available on the Internet. One class of hacktivist activities includes increasing the accessibility of others to take politically motivated action online

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Point taken. But that would've been my mistake then. Stop stealing my mistakes!

No, I really meant it like that - there's more than a single person beating this bush and this isn't the first time I saw this popping up. I might be wrong though, take it with a grain of salt.

However. Wikileaks has this on their site since 2015 and it rhymes with said theory:

The alleged offences are:

• Espionage: 18 U.S.C. § 793(d) - imprisonment up to 10 years
  • Conspiracy to commit espionage: 18 U.S.C. § 793(g) - imprisonment up to 10 years
  • The theft or conversion of property belonging to the United States government: 18 U.S.C. § 641 - imprisonment up to 10 years
  • Violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act: 18 U.S.C. § 1030 - imprisonment up to 10 years
  • (general) Conspiracy: 18 U.S.C. § 371 - imprisonment up to 5 years

wikileaks google warrant

edit on 17-11-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-11-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I thought he fears being executed if he goes to the US!

Anyway, alleged offences may not be whet he will be charged with, even if he is charged. Anyway, here's a refreshed potted summary of the situation at the moment...

Graurdian

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Sooner or later the Bush-Clinton cartel is going to push too hard and that rubber band's gonna snap back and hit them where the sun don't shine. If history is any metric they're flailing in desperation.

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What what has he done.

The accusations would be specified in the indictment.

I was more saying, he's done nothing morally wrong, only legally wrong. There is a huge difference.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join