It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange ‘Has Been Charged,’ According to Justice Department Filing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
link

A paperwork slip-up reveals that the U.S. is hiding a federal criminal complaint against the WikiLeaks founder for fear of jeopardizing his extradition. www.thedailybeast.com... An obscure sex crime case may have just revealed a groundbreaking moment for the intersecting worlds of press freedom, espionage, and the Trump-Russia case: sealed federal criminal charges against WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange. An August Justice Department filing in a case involving a Washington, D.C.-area man, Seitu Sulayman Kokayi, accidentally names the founder of the anti-secrecy group in two paragraphs, reporting that a federal criminal complaint has been lodged against him in secrecy—a development long feared by Assange and his allies.

It looks like Assange has been secretly indicted!

There was no way this wasn’t going to happen.

Assange always said he was afraid of this and it looks like he was justified in his fear.

They were always going to try to get him.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Hillary ... She made Assange her target, and doing so, made herself his target. Why they still chase him, reason must bev he latter.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Hillary ... She made Assange her target, and doing so, made herself his target. Why they still chase him, reason must bev he latter.

So is he going to be put into protective custody, put out all of the e-mails that he got on Hillary, discuss in depth the whole Seth Rich situation, and oh yeah remove him from the Ecuadorian Embassy and deliver him to the while under protection.

So hum, make of it as you will.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Soon the person who made the slip-up will unfortunately shoot themselves in the head twice. Assange is a cornered animal.

It would not surprise me if Assange has access to powerful, classified hacking software. This could be interesting. The public may learn more about our governments through this then we would otherwise know.
edit on 16-11-2018 by PeppermintButler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The Justice Department conceded to The Daily Beast and other outlets that Assange’s name was in the document as a result of an error but answered no further questions about the apparent charges against Assange.

A Justice Department spokesperson, Joshua Stueve, told The Daily Beast, “The court filing was made in error. That was not the intended name for this filing.” Asked repeatedly if Assange had been indicted and if the slip-up had jeopardized any prosecution of a man who has lived for years in Ecuador’s London embassy, Stueve said he had no further comment.

Justice department denies the claim, twice.

Although they are under no obligation to tell the truth, kinda seems like maybe a scare tactic.

Secondary source
edit on 16-11-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Will be very interesting to see how little the Australian govt does for this bloke given Australia is such a close friend of the US.

Assange's change of nationality has nothing to do it, the aus govt has always made a bit issue about how we are such good friends with the US, that its of the proportions of a 'special' relationship.

I bet he gets taken to Virigina for all court hearings.

Assange will get all the same 'treatment' Tsnarvs and others like him get in goal.

I reckon he'll be drugged to eye balls, addicted against his will, beaten to a pulp and will have little idea of who or where he is when he goes to court. Probably even under the influence of scopalaymine in which case he's likely to say yes to every question he's asked.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

"I'm constantly annoyed that people are distracted by false conspiracies such as 9/11, when all around we provide evidence of real conspiracies, for war or mass financial fraud."

At times, he seemed like a double agent, attacking the biggest "conspiracy" of our lifetime, the Truth Movement, while exposing information which simply gave TPTB the excuse they needed to pass more unconstitutional laws violating free speech, due process and privacy.

If he was a voice for truth and justice, then I'm sorry to see this.

Yet another policy initiated by one administration (Obama) only to continue under another (Trump).

Donald Trump called WikiLeaks "disgraceful" and suggested there be a "death penalty" for their actions during a 2010 interview.

edit on 16-11-2018 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Assange needs to leave the Ecuadorian Embassy, get processed for the outstanding arrest warrant in the UK (skipping bail), and then see what happens. If the US put in for an extradition then he'll just have to contest just like any other person. There is so much misinformation, diversion, myth and untruth that surrounds Assange, it's impossible to know the truth. The way you get to the truth is for Assange to grow some balls.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I’m still not convinced he’s even alive.
After that Pam Anderson sandwich thing and then the blackout the next day I reckon he’s been taken out and a lookalike put in his place.

That might be a bit out there but I definitely think he’s been compromised in some way if he hasn’t just been killed

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

At times like always.

. . . Assange was admitted to be an intel fake by no less than Benjamin Netanyahu himself, and also by Zbigniew Brzezinski.

Netanyahu admitted this when responding off the cuff as to why he was not worried about ‘Wikileaks’ damaging Israel. Zbig made clear the leaks were ‘selected’ and highly limited. Some of them are done to make Assange look ‘legit’.

At least two people who contacted Assange have turned up dead – Seth Rich & Peter W Smith. Assange pretends to be ‘concerned’ about the former; he denies receiving the latter’s files. Others are jailed. Assange and Snowden are ‘rat traps’, vehicles to destroy real whistle-blowers . . .
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I find the US governments insistence on taking this man down, very telling. His organisation has bought to light innumerable facts and points of significant interest, which show the American government, its intelligence agencies, and its armed services, to be in such error, in so many different matters, that one has to come to the conclusion that those agencies and services are not being run in order to represent or defend the nation of their origin, but are in fact operating on a premise which has nothing to do with their remit. Over the years since Wikileaks has existed, it has made known so many facts, well within the public interest, that were of a nature which should have rendered them unclassifiable, such was their importance as singular events, and within the context of their happening, such would be their effect on how people might have voted, how they might have approached their government and correcting its alignment on the moral compass.

Things which should be known by all, are known to all who choose to learn them, as a result of the existence of Wikileaks and the determination of whistle blowers. That many of the facts revealed in Wikileaks releases were ever secret, is an indication that the people deciding what ought, and what ought not be kept under wraps, are working for the wrong team, working not for the people, but for the monied interests, whose financial future is wrapped up in the success or failure of the effort to obfuscate truth, about war, about espionage, about surveillance.

There should be no method by which doing the right thing, in this example permitting truth which should be common knowledge, to become common knowledge rather than hidden in arcane archives, kept secret by the creatures controlled, marionette like by those holding the purse strings, can land one in legal trouble. There certainly ought not be any way to break a nations laws and be effected by your breakage of those laws, unless you actually were present in the nation whose laws you broke, when you broke them. For example, espionage and spying related crimes? Well, sorry, I don't give a damn. Did he James Bond his way across the US, breaking into the Utah Data centre, the Pentagon, and physically remove files? No. Did he Jason Statham his way through twenty federal agents, while burning a US flag in front of a child, rubbing his balls with the constitution, and cursing for all time the name of Paul Revere? No. What did he do? He took files from concerned parties, and made their contents public, without actually being present in the US at the time. Factually speaking, he did not break any American laws, because American laws apply when one is on US soil. It is not possible to break American law, while standing in the UK, or Japan, or any other place on the face of the world. US law applies to actions committed on US territory, not to anywhere on the face of Earth.

I mean, if you want to play that kind of game, the UK is going to have to build a lot more prison space, to account for all the American people, standing on American soil, who are breaking UK law by owning most kinds of firearms, not storing them perfectly, storing ammo too close to their weapons, carrying them publicly. I mean, its legal in America, under American law, but hey, apparently, laws from one nation apply in all nations now. Oh, wait, you guys are still going to put chlorine in your chicken, aren't you?

Extradition, over ensuring that truth is published and distributed, calling nations to account for their seeming inability to make the proper choices, for the correct reasons, over what does and does not get classified and made secret, would be an abuse of that power. Charging a man under the laws of one nation, who is not in that nation, nor beholden in any way to its laws, is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Twitter

The "accidental" release of this.
edit on 16-11-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: gladtobehere

At times like always.

. . . Assange was admitted to be an intel fake by no less than Benjamin Netanyahu himself, and also by Zbigniew Brzezinski.

Netanyahu admitted this when responding off the cuff as to why he was not worried about ‘Wikileaks’ damaging Israel. Zbig made clear the leaks were ‘selected’ and highly limited. Some of them are done to make Assange look ‘legit’.

At least two people who contacted Assange have turned up dead – Seth Rich & Peter W Smith. Assange pretends to be ‘concerned’ about the former; he denies receiving the latter’s files. Others are jailed. Assange and Snowden are ‘rat traps’, vehicles to destroy real whistle-blowers . . .
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

Well posted - have you seen this video?

Thought it made some very pertinent points.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Interesting. A brief listen gets me to multiple Soros people involved with Wikileaks and no information being released about Wikileaks own accounts. We need a Wiki-Wikileaks organisation to release info on Wikileaks accounts.
edit on 16 11 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

He doesnt have Hillarys e mails. No one does. and the ones they did get from the DNC...have all been published already.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Why didnt they give this information to CNN or MSNBC or Good Morning America? No they gave it to the Daily Beast and "Other Outlets"???
This is why I stay away from here so much lately and why when I log on there are eighty two new topics. The Credibility of this site has completely dissolved. I'm sure no one misses me when I 'm not on.
Wonder when they will start noticing that Im not here clicking on advertising?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Oh lets season the pot a little huh. Add a bit more conspiracy theory to the mix.
Seth Rich was not murdered by anyone associated with the DNC. That just more stupidity that makes this site bad lately.
Nothing real anymore. Just this stupidity.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Hillary is the reason the US government is after Assange? Before I continue, keep in mind I think what he did was not illegal.

It had nothing to do with the largest classified leak in US history?

Exposing war crimes?

Leaking international cables showing blatant lies?

Sure, she said "can't we just drone him", but she is not the sole reason the US wants his head, she was just part of the machine.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Kester

Oh lets season the pot a little huh. Add a bit more conspiracy theory to the mix.
Seth Rich was not murdered by anyone associated with the DNC. That just more stupidity that makes this site bad lately.
Nothing real anymore. Just this stupidity.

Let's be honest silly, no one knows for sure who murdered him. It's an unsolved case, so don't say with absolutes that it wasn't some rogue part of the DNC, because we don't know. As outragoues as it might sound, our country has used the patriot act to kill US citizens before under the justification of terrorism. How long before espionage fits the bill?

I'm not saying they did do it, but we don't know.

So don't belittle people for wondering why someone would kill someone for a robbery and not take anything... And why the police would open and shut it as such is even more puzzling. Love triangle, politics, did they ask any of these questions?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

WSJ broke the story as I noted above.

IDK about ads, I havn't seen any in a few years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join