It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For everyone complaining Mueller isn't looking into Russia Collusion, read this

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

not impressed

Moose

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I stand corrected, it appears that the attorney can refuse to answer questions if they believe they are not relevant. If they do that however, they must state what legal basis for why they believe the question is irrelevant and that is recorded. If they case ever goes to trial, the person being investigated can be forced to answer the questions or plead the 5th under oath.

To sum up, Trump can claim every single question irrelevant, but that doesn't actually mean that they are irrelevant. It just means that Trump doesn't believe he should have to answer that question. However, if the matter goes to trial, he could be forced to answer the questions under oath.

Of the questions I listed on page one, I don't see one of those questions being irrelevant to the Russia investigation. Do you? Why wouldn't an innocent Trump answer those questions?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Because Russian collusion was what the opposition did, not Trump. They are blaming the victim while letting the perpetrators get away.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf

Because Russian collusion was what the opposition did, not Trump. They are blaming the victim while letting the perpetrators get away.

I assume you have proof?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

During interrogation you do not have to answer any questions. Lawyer Or no lawyer.

Anything you say can and will be used against you...

Mueller gave them the questions he wants answers to. They do not have to answer any. But they run the risk of being indicted by a grand jury if they don't.
They are not on trial so objections do not come into play. There is no one they can raise an objection to.
They just answer or they dont.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Objecting isn't exclusive to a trial setting.

::face palm::

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Mueller has been very quiet the past sixty days.
But the midterms are over now and it is being postulated that he is about to lay the hammer down.
Rumors of indictments for Roger Stone and his associate Corsi as well trumps son are being bandied about.
At this point all you guys can do is whistle past the graveyard.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Certainly not. Who said it was? I said there is no judge to object to at this point.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Mueller has been very quiet the past sixty days.

"Mueller... Mueller... Mueller...."

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

I assume you have proof?

Yes, the Steel dossier. One of his sources was Russian intelligence. Give it a read.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

if that's true this white house sure is incompetent - why don't they do something?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Mueller is a slug that will do anything underhanded he can to entrap his prey. Negotiations have been ongoing since the start about what questions Trump should answer. Why should he even consider answering questions in any form. Hillary Clinton and her ilk certainly were not held to this standard. The FBI treated her with kid gloves and didn't pressure her in any way. Personally, Trump should tell Mueller to go to hell.

As for you, I'm growing weary of your bringing up any and all unsubstantiated insinuations and trying to make capital cases of them. Do you not have the capacity to see all of these insinuations have the exact opposite effect you are trying to accomplish here. You are pissing upwind and think it's raining. Your credibility is suffering.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

I assume you have proof?

Yes, the Steel dossier. One of his sources was Russian intelligence. Give it a read.

I'm afraid I don't understand what point you are attempting to make. Are you implying that the Steele Dossier was Russian collusion?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Mueller is a slug that will do anything underhanded he can to entrap his prey. Negotiations have been ongoing since the start about what questions Trump should answer. Why should he even consider answering questions in any form. Hillary Clinton and her ilk certainly were not held to this standard. The FBI treated her with kid gloves and didn't pressure her in any way. Personally, Trump should tell Mueller to go to hell.

As for you, I'm growing weary of your bringing up any and all unsubstantiated insinuations and trying to make capital cases of them. Do you not have the capacity to see all of these insinuations have the exact opposite effect you are trying to accomplish here. You are pissing upwind and think it's raining. Your credibility is suffering.

Awwww, you're so cute.

All of my claims were properly sourced. I have not made any unsubstantiated claims. You are just angry that I am forcing you to see the truth about Trump you didn't want to know.

If you're tired of me, no one is forcing you to read or respond to any of my posts.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

I'm reasonably sure that

Lmao.

Like when you were 100% sure Hillary was going to beat Trump?

Or when you thought Trump would blow NK with a nuclear big button?

Orrr maybe when you yelled at us that Kavanaugh was a rapist and needed to be put in jail?

You don't eve know where your nose is.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm afraid I don't understand what point you are attempting to make. Are you implying that the Steele Dossier was Russian collusion?

Yes. Russian intelligence officers were his sources. He, and those who funded him, literally colluded with Russians to influence the election.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yes. Russian intelligence officers were his sources. He, and those who funded him, literally colluded with Russians to influence the election.

Sorry, that is not correct. This dossier was put together as opposition research through legal channels. In no way is it illegal and in no way was it used to influence the election especially considering it wasn't revealed to the public until after the election on January 10, 2017.

Trump is incorrect. There is no reason to think that Clinton’s campaign is culpable for any illegal act related to the employment of Steele and good reason to think that the law was broken around the meeting at Trump Tower — and that members of the Trump team might face legal consequences.

...... (I cut out all the stuff explaining why Trump is culpable for Conspiracy since it is not pertinent, feel free to read if you would like)

So why doesn’t all of this apply to the pathway linking Clinton, the law firm, Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele? For a few key reasons.

One argument is that, since Steele is not a U.S. citizen, he would be barred from involvement in the campaign as surely as the Russians should have been. Lawrence Noble, former chief counsel for the FEC, explained the difference in the situations over email.

“Paying a foreign national fair market value for opposition research is generally not illegal,” Noble wrote. “It is considered a commercial transaction, which is not a contribution.” Clinton’s campaign had paid Fusion GPS directly; it’s a campaign expenditure, not a campaign contribution. Since it’s not a contribution, the FEC allows it.

Steele was hired by Fusion GPS to see what links might exist between Trump and Russian actors. Those connections, built during his service for the British government, were why he was valuable to Fusion GPS. It’s akin to a campaign looking to investigate an opponent’s history of real estate deals in Mexico: Hiring a Mexican firm that’s familiar with the available records would be perfectly legal, if the firm were paid with legally raised campaign contributions.

“I think there is something fundamentally different about the interference when it comes from a foreign government, as opposed to a foreign national individual or even business,” Noble added. “The campaign finance law doesn’t explicitly make that distinction, but it does implicitly show up in some FEC decisions regarding individuals. For example, a foreign national individual can undertake volunteer activity for a campaign, while a government can’t.”

Bauer noted that, since foreign nationals aren’t entitled to the same constitutional protections as Americans, it was rare for the campaign prohibitions to be tested. But the question of whether even a small contribution to a campaign could be made by a foreign national was at the center of Bluman v. Federal Election Commission, upheld by the Supreme Court in 2012. In that case, a D.C. Circuit Court panel determined that such contributions could not be allowed because “it is fundamental to the definition of our national political community that foreign citizens do not have a constitutional right to participate in, and thus may be excluded from, activities of democratic self-government.”

The majority opinion in that case was written by Brett Kavanaugh.

LINK
edit on 16-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
RIGHT! Your arguments are so convincing. Just look at all the posters you have swayed, not! Go ahead. Get out there and find another brick wall to beat your head against. Might consider replacing your helmet an upgrade it to Kevlar. Actually though, you are quite entertaining in an odd sort of way. Looking forward to your next post.

edit on 16-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
RIGHT! Your arguments are so convincing. Just look at all the posters you have swayed, not! Go ahead. Get out there and find another brick wall to beat your head against. Might consider replacing your helmet an upgrade it to Kevlar. Actually though, you are quite entertaining in an odd sort of way. Looking forward to your next post.

The point is not to sway anyone. The point is to disseminate another point of view than the echo chamber that ATS has become.

Also, is my message so infuriating to you that you are relegating yourself to death threats against me? You are such a big bad man.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

you are relegating yourself to death threats against me?

What the F are you talking about. If you can't sway minds, you sling accusations? You read and write between the lines of someones comments the same way you do your sources. My suggesting you upgrade your helmet to prevent your injuring yourself implies a personal threat being made to you? BS!

Actually, pretty much everything you post is BS. Have a good day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join