It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers fatally shoot armed man while serving protective order to remove guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

"...shall not be infringed"

Unfortunately, those words may, only may I most fervently hope, have to be rewritten in blood, both literally, and figuratively. Innocents have already died, and he, in essence, got an "oh,well, them's the breaks..." from some so called authority figure.

Cops, if this gains any more traction, are going to die. ...and no, for those of you thinking I'm going to be salivating at the notion of having a shoot out with the cops, I won't shoot at cops, there's only one outcome for that instance. I wouldn't like it.

Not just cops, but every day work a day folks who've done nothing wrong. NOTHING!!!

Will some one, please tell me, what the # this guy did wrong? Other than answer his door? Didn't realize that was a death sentence in some places.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

At 5 am? You're damned right I check the door while armed. Anyone I know who comes to the door knows this, many of them do the same.

You are, obviously, much more trusting than I. Good for you!!
edit on 11/16/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So in theory someone could show up and claim the chief of police is a danger to the community and the cops will need to go to his house in force and shoot him if he doesn't comply.

Or are these red flag orders just for the common folk? The idea that these are sealed from the public is totalitarian right out of the gate.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these cops start getting ambushed. I know if they did I would not lose a minute of sleep.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm finding these stories funny. Not because a person died and I'm into dark humor, but rather that this is going to be happening more and more and it's the fault of our "so-called" elected officials. Who as we all know will not be held accountable for anything.

Here in Washington State we have stacked the deck for these to happen. We passed an initiative that punishes people for owning and buying certain types of firearms, and we passed another initiative the punishes law enforcement for doing their proper jobs. What's more both of these initiatives got passed at the state level because one city has control over whatever the state does. That's right, the San Francisco of the north Seattle voted 68% to pass these laws, so the whole state now has to deal with them. Seattle has a great city council too, members that believe that homeless people are victims no matter what they do (such as raping people, stabbing others, breaking and entering, arson, and lets not forget rampant drug use, prostitution, and public endangerment in the areas of defecation in public). Some member of Seattle city counsel even believe in over throwing the current government in DC and has come out during rallies to turn peaceful protests into near riots.

SO why does my above rant matter? Our stupid Democrat Governor Inslee believes that if the voters of this state don't want certain laws passed he can just over ride them by throwing it in the State Constitution. Oh and he's going to be running for President in 2020. So guess what the "New Democratic Party" agenda is going to be?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Is it common for the door knock at 5:00 am???

Serving an order, at 5 am? It must be wonderful to live in an area where unicorns frolic, and all is happiness.

I, however, live in the real world. Where five am door knocks are slightly suspicious, and warrant precautions.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

We certainly did. By quite a margin, too.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I'd be very careful what you wish for.

You going to support the widows and orphans of the cops who will get killed in this utopian confiscation you so stupidly advocate?

Or are you going to strap on, and help do it your own brave self??

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Just another way to disarm the populace. Brought to you by the left. Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Obama, ect,ect.....

Just remember, Trump campaigned in support of the federal No Gun List.

Conservatives feared lifelong Democrat and Democrat financier Trump would one day swing hard left if elected and are rightly concerned at the moment. Trump now has a leftist house to negotuate with and I won't be shocked when we see the left get their way in the areas of guns, environment, infrastucture, immigration reform and criminal sentencing under Trump.

2019 is when we will see if he is anchored in constitutional philosphy or if he sways with the tides.

I won't be shocked if by this time next year your statement read:
"Just another way to disarm the populace. Brought to you by the left. Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Obama, Trump, etc..."

edit on 16-11-2018 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Maybe they did... but here's the problem: cops are people too. They have mortgages, kids to put through college, a family that needs food on the table... and they need their job. Refusing an order or calling attention to another cop for wrongdoing gets one kicked out. Officially, it usually shows up as a crappy assignment, or maybe a dangerous assignment, sometimes a lack of promotion, even possibly just internal harassment until they leave. In any case, the rule is there: don't make waves or else.

It's the incoming cops that are the problem. As more come in, more of the good guys are pushed out, retire, or simply are bullied into submission. What kind of cops are we getting from this generation? A few years back I tutored at a college that had a substantial Criminal Justice department. As a math tutor, the worst thing I could have done was to do a student's work for them. I had several offers to do so, some of them with rewards well into the hundreds of dollars. Every single one came from Criminal Justice majors!

Every. Single. One.

It was also a well-known given that the average Criminal Justice major was likely not the brightest bulb on the tree. Sorry to say this, but that was very accurate. While there were some average students among them, most Criminal Justice majors either didn't have the intelligence or the desire (I believe the latter) to do even simple math. it was bad enough to give all of them that reputation.

And outside? I spent plenty of time outside, puffing on my nicotine. I got to talk with a lot of my students on a more personal level that way, in addition to satisfying that wonderful desire for nicotine. What did I hear when I asked them why they chose Criminal Justice? Here's a few quotes:

"It's easy."

"I wanna be a cop and tell people what to do."

"I get to carry a gun."

"I'm above the law."

"The cop cars look cool."

"I get to shoot people."

Those are all quotes etched into my memory. I'll likely never forget them (especially that last one). I told myself at the time that this was just bluster to make them feel strong... but today I no longer think it is. I no longer wonder if it is. I know it was not bluster, but rather cold, hard honesty. That is what we are getting in the new police recruits. And now, there are so many that the older cops have lost any internal power they had. Even the leadership is composed of these newbies now.

They are now useful idiots for the agendas of the powerful who wish to rule. And they are waging the war their masters tell them to wage, without compassion, without feeling, without reason, and without logic. Drone warriors sent to attack an unsuspecting enemy.

I feel for the good guys who are left. But not enough to risk my life. I know now how I am seen.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Should he do something like that, he'll be a one term President.

Assuming he does it before his second term.

...and I am more than aware of his democratic proclivities--he was, and is, a life long Dem. Like Churchill, he changed his party for expediences sake, not through any moral grounds.

Believe me, people are watching.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm seen the same way.

I think I mentioned this to you in one of our long chats...

Earlier this summer, I was out at the range trying out a couple of new hand loads for my smith--they were meh--I happened to notice a county sheriffs car sitting out on the shoulder of the highway, I mentioned it to one of my friends who happened to be there that day...

"Yep, three or four of 'em take turns every other week or so, just watchin' us." "Never talk to us, and when it looks like we're done for the day, they leave."

Ain't that interestin'? Somewhat scary, too.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Long chats? Define long...

Anyway... interesting yes, but not surprising. I know for a fact i am watched from a distance. I have a certain reputation for being more than a little... eccentric... and more than a little armed. Ironically, I developed that reputation myself as a way to keep from getting into trouble. Criminals like easy targets... not so much crazy gun-totin' rednecks with attitudes.

Until now, I considered it just something for a good laugh. I'm not a violent man, and I know the law as well as most cops around here; I have successfully defended myself in court before. But now... if the law is no longer there to protect the people, but rather to target the people...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

My group of fellow shooters and friends, all have those scary black rifles, you see.

Two of 'em have totally tricked out M1 Garands. I'm quite envious, actually.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

One thing I was smart enough to do many years ago... no one knows how many or what kinds of guns I have. No one. Even my wife doesn't know all of them. I have them hidden securely over many acres of land. I developed my reputation by sound... I have my own shooting range, and by inviting some true gun nuts up from time to time... let's just say a couple neighbors thought a war had broken out.

That's my ace in the hole. No one else knows what I have, so no one else will ever know if they got them all or not.

For those in this thread so happy to see gun confiscation: I am one lone redneck. There are thousands upon thousands like me, scattered across the country. Not all look like me; one of them could be your neighbor. Think about that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Well I am willing to bet the complaint wasn't about anything that broke the law. This is basically outside the intent of law.

"I am paranoid so get so and so".

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

For those in this thread so happy to see gun confiscation: I am one lone redneck. There are thousands upon thousands like me, scattered across the country. Not all look like me; one of them could be your neighbor. Think about that.

Yep. Remember, those cops that'll be sent to confiscate, might be one of those rednecks, too... I mean, some of 'em are bound to be...right?

We're everywhere!! ...and we're all, in their words, nuts!! Seems to me, they'd wanna leave well enough alone. If we're up on our mountain, or out on the range, we're hurting no one and nothing--push us, and the results might not be to their liking.

Seems to me it'd just be easier, not to mention safer to leave those long haired country boys alone.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Odds are very good that that was indeed the case--but we'll never know, since it's sealed. As TheRedneck says, another red flag in the red flag.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

We all know secret is for a reason.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Any number of reasons...not all of which will be, shall we say, above board.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Trump is also the one that said

Or, Mike,take the firearms first and then go to court. Because that’s another system. A lot of times by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early. Like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida. He had a lot of firearms. They saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time. You could do exactly what you’re saying but take the guns first, go through due process second.

But that was dismissed out of hand when it was said.

Maryland's version of this law is one of the, if not the, most broadly written in scope. Practically anybody can file for a protective order against practically anybody else. It's incredibly odd to me that one of the family members said police were called to the residence in the days before the shooting but that it wasn't a big deal and everything was fine, then bam all of a sudden this guy is a danger to himself and everybody around him and "needs" his guns taken. That's pretty suspect.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join