It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers fatally shoot armed man while serving protective order to remove guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Perhaps this person was one of those evil people.

You don't know why a warrant was issued to seize his guns.

I live in the country where gun ownership is common. I'm not opposed to gun ownership by most people. However there are some people who should not own weapons. Perhaps this was one such person.

a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: fightzone58

I'm a 60 (almost) yr old man and I will kick your ass if you or a cop come at me.

Don't think 60 equal weak, most guys and gals my age actually worked hard our whole lives and

still have strong backs and arms and still work hard,

unlike you younger people who would poop yourselves in a situation like this..just sayin...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
From the source

She said one of her aunts requested the protective order to temporarily remove Willis’ guns.

Her word is all it took to deprive a man of his right.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Being an inflexible oak on the matter only means you will lose in the end. If they gun nuts are unwilling to budge eventually the vast majority will. Just because a few gun nuts make a big noise doesn’t mean the main stream is retarded. People are sick of gun violence. I’d support a full ban of any semi automatic weapon period. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

edit on 16-11-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

The officers serving the order have a right to protect themselves. They did not create the order or the law. Had the man complied with the legal order he would still be alive.

Read the Constitution, bub. This was no "legal order." Shall. Not Be. Infringed. These two stopped being cops and became thugs when they tried to steal the man's gun. He was the one protecting himself.

You want to live in Russia? Go to Russia.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Being an inflexible oak on the matter only means you will lose in the end.

OK, I don't know of a gentle way to put this...

There are thousands more legitimate gun owners in this country than there are law enforcement. We are spread out everywhere. In a civil unrest situation, each of them can only die once, but each one of them can take out many more of their enemy. It won't take many of these incidents to create a civil unrest situation.

Some will lose. But they won't be the only ones. Be damn careful what you wish for.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

Just get an illegal gun. Cheap and no worries. Stash it and if you have to kill someone, it's their illegal gun.

Problem solved. We can't own guns legally. That's all. Key word is "LEGALLY". So dont.

Own them the way natural law dictates. Over your dead body.

They make unjust laws, so they are not laws but rules for tyranny. Rebel my people. Rebellion can take many forms and tones.

Don't be a good citizen. Bad governments get bad citizens.

edit on 11 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

You seem to have a grave misunderstanding!

You cannot take away / rescind a Right. Period. No one can.

The Constitution of the US, contrary to some beliefs, does not grant the Right to bear arms! It Constitution merely acknowledges this Right as a given (inalienable).

You can support whatever you wish, just know it's not going to happen. There is no reasonable, peaceful or practical way such a thing could ever be enforced.

edit on 11/16/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The family called the cops. What do they expect? You call the cops, expect bad things to happen. Its a bad law but the family that called the cops are worse than that. If they want to blame someone, they need to look in the mirror.

ETA: Kuddos to the guy who didn't give up his guns without a fight. I hope more do it and I hope the bullets go the other way next time.
edit on 16-11-2018 by Scifi2424 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

The writers of this law have blood on their hands. They will continue to have blood on their hands as long as it is in effect. This law will get formerly law-abiding gun owners hurt and killed. What's to stop an angry family member or jilted romantic partner from using this law as a weapon? I can foresee people using this as the new "Swatting", hoping to see something bad happen to the accused.

Hmm, I may be wrong, but I'd guess that was the whole intent behind the law. One of the unintended consequences will be that law abiding gun owners will start leaving the state faster than they are now. That will just leave the nutter gun hating Democrats and the crooks with guns (and drugs and Escalades and broads).

Has potential for a reality TV show!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There is no reasonable, peaceful or practical way such a thing could ever be enforced.

If this incident doesn't drive home that point, nothing will.

I am actually becoming convinced that a domestic war is already ongoing. I used to think one was being considered, in the works. But someone was just murdered and some people, including the Police Chief, see that murder as a perfectly acceptable reason to murder more people.

I have tried... Lord knows, I have tried... to give the police the benefit of the doubt. Even when their actions seemed wrong and I came down on the side of their victim, there was always this little speck of doubt in the back of my mind. Was the dog really attacking the cop? Was the guy really innocent? Was there a reasonable reason for the cop to fear for their life? What weren't we being told?

But this... the cops approached the victim, in his home. They did it in the early hours, when anyone would (or should) be concerned about who was knocking. They had no justifiable reason to even go there, just an unverified phone tip. They surprised their victim. Even after their victim put his weapon away, they still came for him. As soon as their victim resisted a home invasion without due process or cause, they murdered him. And then the Police Chief himself makes the claim that this murder his thugs committed mean they need to commit more murders.

No, the war is ongoing. It crept up on us. We never saw it coming. But it's in our faces now. It's irrefutable.

There are good cops out there. I have to believe that. But if there were a bowl of skittles and you knew three were poison, would you allow someone to pour them down your throat?

I'll leave it at that. I do not want to state the obvious conclusion to this post. Everyone else can figure it out for themselves.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Nobody knows the specifics of the affidavit because apparently they won't release the text of it. It could consist of "He was mean and called me a doodie-head" for all we know.

This was why I referenced kangaroo courts and star chambers in the OP. Government has no expectation of privacy. They should have to justify everything they do to We the People.

soundguy, calling gun owners "gun nuts" doesn't help your argument. If you want a workable solution, start by not insulting the opposition. Also, "inflexible"? I could easily point out all the existing gun control laws and infringements that gun owners go along with as a rebuttal to the statement that gun owners are "inflexible".

If gun owners truly were a group of "nuts" and "inflexible" as they are characterized, would debate on the subject even be allowed? Why is there not actual blood in the streets every time a new gun law is passed from all the raving lunatic gun owners? Could it be because 99%+ of them are law-abiding reasonable people?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

When some of the cops are just another street gang...and it seems that way all too often.

I just loved that chief defending it. Really, chief? Really?

Where the # was this mans due process, or isn't that a thing anymore--just cluck "public safety" and we all roll over, 'til we've fallen out.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

They are not coming for your guns

It's true, it's true.

They'll never do that.

Oh, wait, was that sarcasm [/sarc]

When regular law abiding citizens can not take reasonable precautions at 5:00 am when there's a knock on the door, something is wrong. Very, very wrong.
edit on 11/16/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

My handguns, yes plural, shotguns, yes plural, and rifles, again, plural, are no threat to anyone. Until someone tries to steal them.

There's an old saying: Lex iniusta non est lex--St. Augustine.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Just another street gang... let's compare:

A street gang will take your property, kill you if you resist them, and wear colors signifying their association. They are backed up by numbers; if you do manage to fight back and get away, it is a foregone conclusion that you will be found and suffer grave retaliation.

The police will also take your property, and will kill you if you resist them. They wear the color blue, signifying their association. They are backed up by numbers; if you do manage to fight back and get away, they will track you down, find you, and deal out grave retaliation.

A street gang chooses their victims through intuitive means. They will pick someone at a whim to target.

The police now choose their victims intuitively. They will pick someone on the whims of another person who they haven't even interviewed to target.

The only difference I see is that a street gang is limited to specific areas, where the police are nationwide. Also, a street gang does not have a court system designed to let them off of a charge, whereas the police do.

Did I miss anything?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

What did this guy who is lying in the morgue do wrong, that he deserved to be shot and killed?

Tell me that, please.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well, if Uncle Joe were actually shooting out the windows and threatening the neighbors, that's actionable. The police can show up and show that there's a victim and a reason to lock up Uncle Joe.

Again, we have no idea what the affidavit says and apparently Ann Arundel isn't going to release it.

Would it be okay if I secretly swore an affidavit on roadgravel for future murder, with no actual evidence? The police can come pick you up at 0500hrs, whisk you away and throw you in jail. Oh, and you only get one chance to defend yourself. No presumption of innocence during that hearing either. You're assumed guilty.

This law is pre-crime and thought-crime period. A crime requires a victim.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Lex iniusta non est lex

Another one from the land I hail from:

"As long as there are rocks and stones, we will have the will and courage to throw them."

Or something to that effect. An unjust law is a good man's charge. Much like bad people are.

It's an American and human obligation to defy unjust "rules" for tyranny. No one can order us. I wear no rank.

Strange times we live in.

edit on 11 16 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Did any of those cops even wonder about it?

I really dislike being this way about 'em... Because you and I know they aren't all like this, just unquestioning drones. But sometimes, I gotta wonder.

Dark times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join