It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women weaken nations

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I was going to say pretty much everywhere but the Middle East but forgot yet considering immigration it is rather important to consider that aspect...

Every where? There are still tribes we no nearly nothing about. Are you just referring to Western Society?

The ways that are most prevelant in my opinion are that women today have more rights a greater voice and well abuse by their partners is either no longer as prevelant or sure not tolerated in the same fashion... yes I am aware that it is still an issue sadly...

Do you feel that has brought both sexes closer or it has divided them more? The divorce rate is way up and we see a rise in Fathers that are getting custody of the children, and also a rise in Fathers and Mothers just abandoning the family unit.

I’m not a great supporter of evolution if you are saying this is due to a genetic improvement...

Evolution is not just about improvement. It is about change in general. I believe you are focusing on the survival of the fittest part.

I am talking about the instinctual nature. We all have instincts.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: 5StarOracle

It did occur to me that the worst time in Britain was when Thatcher was PM. But I digress....but in answer to your question, my female better half probably has the last say on most things , any man who has been in a relationship for a long while will know to try and fight , will bring on more and more misery, over more and more prolonged time periods until you finally give in.

id say some of the worst times in British history could be the black plague, the reformation, london fire 1666, the plague of 1666, the battle of towton, or modern times the battle of britain, ww1 (the amount of soldiers lost), The Senghenydd colliery disaster or the abephan disaster. all of which where while men where in charge.

by your last paragraph i sense a hit of someone whos had a relationship break up lately and is now after blaming women for all issues

just ad some more history, you could also say the three times we have had a female monarch Britain has been at its most fruitful, rich and with the most innovation, elizabeth I,victoria and Elizabeth II
edit on 15/11/2018 by kerrichin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

I can of course only speak to what I know, as you said these tribes you mention I know nearly nothing about..

I would say men and women are becoming closer in their traits as I stated earlier men do seem in my opinion to have become softer...

Your point on divorce rate is a good one and perhaps opens another can of worms in the question posed by the title of the OP...

I in turn pose the question to you in this way... Do you believe Women’s progress has granted them the ability for greater strength to move away from a bad situation or do you think they are to blame for weakening the institution of marriage by abusing the rights or freedoms they have gained?

I am well aware that relationships marriage family units are not what they once were based on numbers...

Myself I believe it is just a moral decline of our time... but interested in your reply as well as the opinions of others on this question...
edit on 15-11-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
I wonder if the female Neanderthal's were as welcoming toward the approaching Homo Sapiens?
What happened to them?
Gone extinct.

I wonder if the female Aztec's were as welcoming toward the approaching Spaniards?
What happened to them?
All but gone.

I wonder if the female Native Americans were as welcoming toward the approaching Europeans?
What happened to them?
All but gone.

Anyone see a pattern here when masses of free and unfettered immigration happens to a group of people that are a bit too welcoming?

Am I saying shut them all out, no, I am not. I am only saying that either extreme is a very bad thing. Moderation is what is needed to preserve both sides of any type of migration, which is really what this is both in the US and Europe.

id say the Spaniards arriving in aztec territory and Europeans and native Americans has nothing to do with immigration more like invasion, including the added bonus of raping the native women

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Believe it or not , but Women have been the cause of More Wars that can be Imagined . The Easiest Spoils for Men to Claim in Conflicts .

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ah Helen for example...

Yet surely women have not been the greatest cause for wars...

However those wars/battles attributed to women could only be testament to the power women hold over men... I can’t see anyway to point that out as any form of weakness by them...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

People who make important political decisions based on emotion more than reason weaken their nations. This is true for men and women.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Shuting down discussions is never the way to finding the answers. You seem to be very emotional.

nah mate, not true at all. there are "discussions" that are unproductive, that go nowhere and give no answers, and we do not need to entertain them.

"hurr durr what if women are so weak they'll let the evil terrorist immigrants walk all over us" is such a prime example of this that i won't be surprised to see it in textbooks in the future.

also; heck yeah i'm emotional. it's who i am, i run hot. believe it or not, that detracts literally nothing from what i say. get this; the notion that if one party in a conversation gets emotional and the other remains calm, the calm one somehow ""wins"" is a fallacy.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Oh, sounds like the OP never heard of Boudica, Joan or Arc, etc. Here's one historical women source- here.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this.
Despite what intellectuals try and push there are massive differences between men and women.

As a generalisation woman are more caring, empathetic and compassionate.
Applied to individual cases this is great but when applied blankety this is awful.

Anyone who is for open borders without restrictions it goes beyond being compassionate and moves into suicidal territory

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Oh, sounds like the OP never heard of Boudica, Joan or Arc, etc. Here's one historical women source- here.

There are always exceptions to the rule but that’s what they are, exceptions.

Prior to Boudicca being a bad ass she was caring and inclusive, that led to her being flogged and her daughters being publicly gang raped. Boudicca is not a great example for this circumstance

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

originally posted by: highvein

Shuting down discussions is never the way to finding the answers. You seem to be very emotional.

also; heck yeah i'm emotional. it's who i am, i run hot. believe it or not, that detracts literally nothing from what i say. get this; the notion that if one party in a conversation gets emotional and the other remains calm, the calm one somehow ""wins"" is a fallacy.

Actually it normally means one party is debating from a position of feeling and the other is debating using logic.
Emotion isn’t great for debate, it generally stops intelligent discussion

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

don't even TRY to tell me there's anything intelligent about this "discussion"

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
They don’t weaken islamic nations. Hashtag women’s rights, right?

You are completely obsessed, do you Dream about Muslim invasions or is it more of a fantasy...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
There's more than one, exception, there.

You realize what she accomplished right? Sans emotion.

Plus, continuousThunder has a good point.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder

don't even TRY to tell me there's anything intelligent about this "discussion"

I wouldn’t dare, facts might hurt your feelings and we all know feelings are all that matter.
And heaven forbid that while quoting facts we offend someone, I don’t think I could live with myself if that happened

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

There's more than one, exception, there.

You realize what she accomplished right? Sans emotion.

Plus, continuousThunder has a good point.

As a history major I’m well aware of what she accomplished, in the end it was the wholesale slaughter of her countrymen and the death of her bloodline.

Not exactly a poster child for the success of women in a male dominated field

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Now if emotion was a factor maybe it would have been different for her family and bloodline. Otherwise yes there are other examples, care to share who you see as a strong example, if you have one as a history major? Try to make this thread into something it wasn't intended to be, a discussion, rather back scratching. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
nvmd

Defending the most hateful, intolerant, fascist ideology on the planet seems to be the norm.

What a moron.

Do women weaken nations? No, liberalism weakens nations.
edit on 16 11 2018 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Now if emotion was a factor maybe it would have been different for her family and bloodline. Otherwise yes there are other examples, care to share who you see as a strong example, if you have one as a history major? Try to make this thread into something it wasn't intended to be, a discussion, rather back scratching. Thanks.

Empress Wu
Elizabeth the 1st
Hatshepsut

All good examples of women who played the game on equal footing with men and were successful to varying degrees

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join