It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do women weaken nations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

While I like your answer and even agree with you, here is a question for you answer honestly please...

Have your instinctual motherly protective instincts ever kicked in provoking such a response from you which may not in hindsight proven to be in the best interest of your children having looked back on the situation...

You know where on second thought perhaps there was lesson that could have been learned by your children had you not stepped in for instance...
Or your actions actually caused them a larger problem...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Or are these statements made because of a generalization of supposed women’s prevelant traits/beliefs?

Or are these statements made because of evolutionary instincts that are still prevalent in our modern days.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: anonentity

Not all women are nurturing. Not all men are territorial.

No not all. What percentages would you say are and are not?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Excellent post.

If you want to put illegal immigration and women together in reality, let's as a mother bring the next illegal immigrant home to live with our teen daughters.

Then let a few thousand of them live in the same cities that our daughters live in, play in, explore in.

Without body guards.

The women in the video live in a barricaded property with a security guard at the front gate.

They are really clueless.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

No idea.

I would also add that percentages don't hold offices, individuals do.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Well I am a rather young fellow but from what I know of history and from old tv shows and movies I would say that men’s atitudes towards women has made great strides towards improvement...

And if anybody talks smack about my momma they are in for a world of hurt...

But none the less I suppose if only taking generalizations into account there is a real separation between sexes...

However I will also say that men are from my observations...well... men do seem to be becoming softer and softer...

Is this a sign of the strength of women softening mans opions?

edit on 15-11-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

While I like your answer and even agree with you, here is a question for you answer honestly please...

Have your instinctual motherly protective instincts ever kicked in provoking such a response from you which may not in hindsight proven to be in the best interest of your children having looked back on the situation...

You know where on second thought perhaps there was lesson that could have been learned by your children had you not stepped in for instance...
Or your actions actually caused them a larger problem...

Christ Wept.

Are you or have you ever been a father?

Because you just described my ex husband about 1,000 times in relation to his kids.

His super power was f###ing things up for his kids, as far as learning life lessons.

Can we say at this point that it isn't about gender, but about the person?

Or are you still on the hunt for women just being more emotional?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

It did occur to me that the worst time in Britain was when Thatcher was PM. But I digress....but in answer to your question, my female better half probably has the last say on most things , any man who has been in a relationship for a long while will know to try and fight , will bring on more and more misery, over more and more prolonged time periods until you finally give in.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
oh wow
is it possible that OP here has finally uncovered..... the very WORST take on ATS?
by now we're used to this place being a hellscape of terrible dross masquerading as talking points but damn, i caught my breath when i saw this one.

well done, OP. you've dug the disgusting pit that little deeper, and that's an accomplishment.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

That is one hell of an introspective point.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Have you truly lost your sense of humour, or have I moved into a parallel Universe?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I was interested in your honest answer to my question...

As for women I am most fond of no fascinated even... truly... their beauty grace intelligence and yes especially their power...
And the way they smell! I can’t forget to put that in there...

That being said I can only assume fromwhat you said that you showcased said protective instincts while protecting your children from their dads poor decisions while fathering them...

Well I guess that would be a point for the strength of women also assuming that everyone would agree with your judgement of said situations...

Or am I way wrong in assuming that?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Well I am a rather young fellow but from what I know of history and from old tv shows and movies I would say that men’s atitudes towards women has made great strides towards improvement...

Improved in what way and compared to what culture?

And if anybody talks smack about my momma they are in for a world of hurt...

Said a great many sons throughout history. That is not new.

But none the less I suppose if only taking generalizations into account there is a real separation between sexes...

There are many differences between male and female. Nature itself teaches us this.

However I will also say that men are from my observations men do seem to be becoming softer and softer...

The video address's that issue somewhat.

Is this a sign of the strength of women softening mans opions?

I think this just evolutions way of shaking things up a little.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Thanks... I believe if more answered the same answer would be given...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I wonder if the female Neanderthal's were as welcoming toward the approaching Homo Sapiens?
What happened to them?
Gone extinct.

I wonder if the female Aztec's were as welcoming toward the approaching Spaniards?
What happened to them?
All but gone.

I wonder if the female Native Americans were as welcoming toward the approaching Europeans?
What happened to them?
All but gone.

Anyone see a pattern here when masses of free and unfettered immigration happens to a group of people that are a bit too welcoming?

Am I saying shut them all out, no, I am not. I am only saying that either extreme is a very bad thing. Moderation is what is needed to preserve both sides of any type of migration, which is really what this is both in the US and Europe.

edit on 11/15/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

No idea.

I would also add that percentages don't hold offices, individuals do.

No they don't, but they are useful in determining how individuals think like other individuals. Groups.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
oh wow
is it possible that OP here has finally uncovered..... the very WORST take on ATS?
by now we're used to this place being a hellscape of terrible dross masquerading as talking points but damn, i caught my breath when i saw this one.

well done, OP. you've dug the disgusting pit that little deeper, and that's an accomplishment.

Shuting down discussions is never the way to finding the answers. You seem to be very emotional.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Mind you, I don't advocate we need another great depression or new world war to reverse the trend but, generally speaking, lack of adversity has softened the minds of most citizens and women even more specifically. Basically, metaphorically speaking, if the wolves were at the door, attitudes would change.

Maybe I should elaborate on this idea.

In the past, only men went off to war. Men have traditionally been the breadwinners of a family unit. Because of this, men have been predominately preconditioned to think more conservatively and aggressively than women. On the other hand, women have traditionally been relegated to taking care of the family unit at home and have a more compassionate attitude with less aggressive tendencies.

These traits are passed on from previous generations but are gradually evolving as more women are continually being required to fill both rolls in today's family unit. I suspect that most responsible women that do fill both rolls are predominately conservative and more aggressive than the majority of today's women.

But the old ways are still relevant enough to be affecting the majority of women in society today. My generationof baby boomers was most productive after ww2 and the generation that followed, having children of their own in the 70's and 80's, was given a life of plenty for the most part. This newest generation has not experienced adversity to the extent older generations have experienced.

Well, I don't know where I'm headed with this other than saying adversity has dramatic impact on a persons personality.

So, to a degree, I guess I could say, maybe these newest generations are spoiled brats insistent on having their way or a tantrum ensues. I'm describing my sister here. She has thrown more tantrums than a 3 year old.
edit on 15-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit: Scratch all of this rambling. I am no one to dissect today's woman.
edit on 15-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I was going to say pretty much everywhere but the Middle East but forgot yet considering immigration it is rather important to consider that aspect...

The ways that are most prevelant in my opinion are that women today have more rights a greater voice and well abuse by their partners is either no longer as common or surely not tolerated in the same fashion... yes I am aware that it is still an issue sadly...

I’m not a great supporter of evolution if you are saying this is due to a genetic improvement...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Christ Wept.

Actually, Jesus was a refugee, taken in by the Pharaoh of Egypt, a man. The beloved sons of Isaac, who sold their brother, Joseph, into slavery, were then admitted, as refugees, into Egypt under order of the Pharaoh, and personal approval of their brother, Joseph.

Hebrews were ordered to treat refugees as brethren. You can't get more manly and patriarchal than the Biblical God and Judeo/Islam/Christian law. Right?

Numbers 35:6
Verse Concepts
"The cities which you shall give to the Levites shall be the six cities of refuge, which you shall give for the manslayer to flee to; and in addition to them you shall give forty-two cities.

Deuteronomy 23:15-16
"You shall not hand over to his master a slave who has escaped from his master to you. "He shall live with you in your midst, in the place which he shall choose in one of your towns where it pleases him; you shall not mistreat him.

Leviticus 19:34
'The stranger who resides with you shall be to you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt; I am the LORD your God.

Pretty soft, wouldn't you say? Or, is the biblical god a Democratic woman is disguise? Don't even get me started on biblically approved abortion and infanticide!
edit on 15-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join