It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea says it has tested ‘ultramodern tactical weapon’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Everyone should at least consider on a small scale...think of the EMP pulse knocking out at once all of America's electronics, lights, phones, communications from above from that satellite as it passes over.

Don't put it pass him, the guy's nuts. It's not IM-possible...by the time he does...even when we retaliate...the damage and chaos would be done.
edit on 15-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

God forbid they fart in our general direction.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ultra modern, so I guess that means they upgraded the 8088 to a Pentium 3. With that kind of processing power, the world will be on their knees begging the great leader for their lives!
All hail the best korea!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's a blunderbuss that shoots kimchee.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Your orange president is nothing but a pawn in dear leaders global chess game. The capitalist dogs will lie in the filth they have created for themselves!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

They are obviously equipt with capable launch & range capable projectiles for nukes or bio so they do not really have to push there, just construct. They, like everyone, have been preparing great, new & inventive ideas for warfare. I am sure it is no other significant than any other mature country has concieved.

The threat is that they are building nukes & chemics against our european allies, if china would to ever get into a mishap, korea would protect them. They are still building with no tests our officials can conclude. It is always a threat, just not one for worldwide phycological warfare right now.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Ultra modern, so I guess that means they upgraded the 8088 to a Pentium 3. With that kind of processing power, the world will be on their knees begging the great leader for their lives!
All hail the best korea!

That would most certainly make their systems least hackable
/ decryptable compared to modern technology.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
All hail the best korea!

Hey man my main computer is rocking an 8086(k) (50 year anniversary Intel Core I7 running 5ghz)!

Meh way too vague for me now if they could figure out how to weaponize communism conditions to their enemies I might pay attention.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: Mahogany

They are obviously equipt with capable launch & range capable projectiles for nukes or bio so they do not really have to push there, just construct. They, like everyone, have been preparing great, new & inventive ideas for warfare. I am sure it is no other significant than any other mature country has concieved.

The threat is that they are building nukes & chemics against our european allies, if china would to ever get into a mishap, korea would protect them. They are still building with no tests our officials can conclude. It is always a threat, just not one for worldwide phycological warfare right now.

Whether they could deploy a nuclear warhead onto a missile is very debatable, miniaturization is one of the most difficult steps of making a usable nuclear weapon. As far as the launch platforms themselves once again the record they hold isn’t too hot with lots of teething problems. Also another thing to consider is guidance, they don’t have a way to test their ICBMs CEP as they’re just lobbing them into the ocean and guessing how accurate the shot was. They don’t have a nifty range like Kwajalein to get real world guidance system validation and calibration. Even if they did have nuclear warheads that could be mounted to their missiles they’re only going to have 5(or less) warheads now add in their missile reliability track record and you’re looking at a good chance that even fewer will track towards their target. This gives our ABM systems a very good chance of knocking the missiles down even if they aren’t aimed at the mainland US you still have US and Japanese Aegis equipped destroyers/cruisers along with PAC3 and Aegis ashore batteries.

TL;DR don’t have to worry about North Korea raining down nuclear fire anytime soon IMO (knock on wood because of course no one wants to see that theory put to the test.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I always liked the idea of the Iron Thunderbolt. A high velocity lump of metal fired up into high space orbit and left to accelerate by gravity to hypersonic speeds. The resulting kinetic energy E = mv^2, where m = mass (kg) and v = velocity in metres, goes into silly numbers when v becomes thousands of metres/second - the same effect as a sniper bullet.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I always liked the idea of the Iron Thunderbolt. A high velocity lump of metal fired up into high space orbit and left to accelerate by gravity to hypersonic speeds. The resulting kinetic energy E = mv^2, where m = mass (kg) and v = velocity in metres, goes into silly numbers when v becomes thousands of metres/second - the same effect as a sniper bullet.

If you’re going to go kinetic bombardment it’s all about the “rods from god” space based system that has been thrown around ie project Thor.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
WaPo? They are known for disseminating unsubstantiated nonsense. They just make it sound pretty with eloquent text and grammar.
edit on 16-11-2018 by IndyFront because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Why is no one addressing release of bio weaponry en masse? Plagues and bio's can spread rapidily.

Great thing about those is all the people die...enemy moves in, drags bodies out of homes and keep all our stuff intact.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
consider that they have acces to alien technology as the germans had also before ww2...

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Why is no one addressing release of bio weaponry en masse? Plagues and bio's can spread rapidily.

Great thing about those is all the people die...enemy moves in, drags bodies out of homes and keep all our stuff intact.

Doesn’t make sense for N. Korea, the chances of the entire peninsula getting killed off are too high, the Norks might be crazy but I don’t think they’re suicidal crazy.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Everyone's overlooking the obvious modern weapon that for such a poor country overall, wouldn't cost all that much to implement.

Disease.

And don't rule out Typhoid Marys as the carrier system, either. Infect someone quickly enough and shove them across a border before anything pops positive on a screening, and you could have a little pandemic disaster going on in no time.

Come on, people. They're poor, but not without weapon ingenuity. Poor regimes are still cunning ones.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Everyone's overlooking the obvious modern weapon that for such a poor country overall, wouldn't cost all that much to implement.

Disease.

And don't rule out Typhoid Marys as the carrier system, either. Infect someone quickly enough and shove them across a border before anything pops positive on a screening, and you could have a little pandemic disaster going on in no time.

Come on, people. They're poor, but not without weapon ingenuity. Poor regimes are still cunning ones.

Thanks for addressing my same point above.

Imagine 20 people in 20 locations around the world passing biological germs etc in food buffets, salad bars-restaurants etc.

Those folks go home to their kids, who go to school and their schoolmates to to their homes, families, then their families go to their jobs, schools, friends etc....

The potential is staggering....and amazingly effective on a huge scale. And incredibly CHEAP to do...
edit on 17-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Doesn’t make sense for N. Korea, the chances of the entire peninsula getting killed off are too high, the Norks might be crazy but I don’t think they’re suicidal crazy.

You misunderstood...We aren't speaking of them and their peninsula, but worldwide. See my reply to Niyah above...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join