It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are American's stuck in a perpetual state of stress?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I find that daily meditation on Bible scriptures (day and night) leads me out of the incoherent disorder of the world. Keep your perception coherent and your body will be filled with light. But what are we focusing on? Is that light the constructive interference bands of light, or is it the destructive interference bands of darkness?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

If you want to see always in a hurry visit Japan. I've been here for two weeks now for work, and holy crap I would lose my damn mind if I had to live here. Yeah the people are nice if they are foreigner friendly, a lot of them aren't and even then aren't rude about it. My buddy goes to school over here and loves it though, apparently a lot of the attitudes change when you become conversant in the language.

Even still, I've thought to myself a number of times "I bet they play this music on the trains in order to keep everyone calm". A human can adapt to damn near anything, but in looking at how the big cities are here, why the heck would you want to?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
As for your "right of passage" rituals, I'm assuming turning off your internet is pretty much the same thing for most people now.

So please everyone do that for a week out of the month.

Also don't forget... turn off everything else too once in awhile, tend your garden, sleep under the stars and share a campfire with friends and family.

All jokes aside, I'm balls to the breeze lately and it's lit. I have no cable/wifi (or bill) and use wifi hotspot on a $55 pay per month phone to get on the internet with my laptop that's.. wait for it.. wait for it.. connected to my big flatscreen tv which I use a wireless mouse and keyboard to use. Oh yeah, the service I pay for has unlimited data but they reserve the right to review your account if you go over 60gb in a month. Maybe I'm just boring but I've tested it and even with streaming music and video on youtube for 6-8 hours for an evening (at 360p but who cares when you have a 52" screen and a subwoofer), I don't go over 1.5gb. That leaves 15gb of crap I can download like free cracked games on torrent.

I'd imagine netflix movies wouldn't use that much more but don't watch them much, and while I might have to keep it paused for a minute or two before watching to let the streaming data build up a bit first, I don't even need a router, or an xboxone, or a ps4. I know it's not as good as paying for wifi but I have to pay for a month of phone service anyways, right? That's $160/month saved versus a lower level cable and internet provider package. I used to have it and very, very rarely watched the cable anyways. I did the same thing that I do now; what I'm doing on ats as we speak, some social media, looking up and reading about or finding the answer to anything I ever think of or need to know, youtube, and gaming.

There's the $9 digital antenna from walmart with 40 channels including two great sci-fi channels that play nothing but space: 1999, the old star treks, babylon 5, and really weird, funny, and interesting old sci-fi movies you've never heard of. Mystery science theater without the commentary. I'm comparing a slow, entry level car to a fast, nice car but mine comes with free gas for life, er.. almost.

edit on 11/15/2018 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Yes it is for the adrenaline rush you get from stress. Until your adrenals burn out and you crash.

But essentially yes. Our busyness is a major emotional stressor.

Driving around all day in traffic is and we don’t even realize it. Blue light from computer and phone screens. Lack of normal circadian rhythms. Worry about bills and attuning higher social status. Arguing on Facebook.

All of this and more. It’s a rat race

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 11/15/2018 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well , to be Honest , being Retired and just Waiting to Die would Stress the Hell out of me . Geez , Now I AM Depressed ......(

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Gee, all the stress of reading this threads makes me feel like I need to eat a candy bar. got an excuse now, stress level went down. Being retired is stressful, the cats are slavedrivers and the deer are complaining about us getting up too late in the morning, they want breakfast as soon as it gets light.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i think a lot of people are probably stressed..

I am not..
Fun , very well paying job in a stable career, for an exciting company with good benefits.
Living life the way I want.
Family is happy.
Cats are happy.
Life is good.

My direct peers are the same way.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

If you want to connect people with death haha (which is modern time considered cruel) take away all the medication, housing, (heating, a,c, beds, floors), bug repellent, everything to stop animals & diseases from effecting humans & there pets. Take all tech. away & cures you can really be connected with death & what true nature & god has to offer instead of man made products. Goodluck promoting being closer to nature, nature does not make money without the four horsemen ( technology) making it balanced in a live evil way ha

P.S I am not say to die, I am saying to live like how every other creature we have found on earth does, without technology. If you want to promote living closer to death without jumping out a plane with parachutes or getting a guide through parts of amazon than I suggest trying to live thay way yourself. If you can go without tech. & feel like every other creature that is close to death on a molacule smaller than a millisecond basis of survival for a day, that is feeling as close to death as possible.

We are creating a life of cures & robotic from the age of time & now your trying to get people to do the exact opposite because thay one time can get you killed without a hospital to stop death. Think bout that, we all live in the opposite of what we want, it is called, projecting insecurities on other people.
edit on 15-11-2018 by SatansPride because: a lot after P.S

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

edit on 15-11-2018 by SatansPride because: DP

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
from what i have seen it's all the "advanced countries that are stressed out". most of the "poor nations" are not nearly as stressed. and interestingly enough "developing nations, are actually well on their way to being stressed out. the more "[advanced they get, the more stressed they get.

for example the Philippines is becoming more and more advanced, and we are seeing the signs of stress growing at the same time. just a few years ago there was only one case of road rage, and that incident had a gun involved. yet it was an AMERICAN (who can not even legally have a gun), that committed it. but now we are having more and more, and more serious/violent cases of road rage. and i am seeing many signs of what used to be a very happy people, becoming more and more depressed, pissed off and stressed out. i am just worried that mass shooting/killings (other than muslim or communist terrorists), will start to happen and ramp up just like we have been seeing for years in more advanced nations such as the US, China and Canada. and it is interesting to see that it has been affecting the rich and middle class people far more than the very poor people. and much of that seems to be coming from the stress levels and expectations at work and finances more than anything else.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

How is having cheap media making you not stressed?
How is it that you received stars for an off topic post?
What did you think about the video posted in the opening post?
EMF effects DNA!!
edit on 16-11-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   
if you are stressed and upset, you lack perspective. It's not a bad thing, but it's something you need to find and fix. Slow down enough to watch the sun set or rise, take a moment to look at the beauty of nature and appreciate it, even if it's just a moment in your back yard.

My biggest worry right now is that I need to build a fence so I can get a dog. I feel confident I can overcome this obstacle and emerge victorious.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Did anyone bother watching the very informanttive video that was posted in the opening post besides me?????
edit on 16-11-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No one actually reads the post or content anymore

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
A human can adapt to damn near anything, but in looking at how the big cities are here, why the heck would you want to?

From what I've noticed even from the relatively small city that I live in, there exists a fear of missing out (FOMO). People don't want to miss some fun event, or social-media-worthy event that they can post their presence on instagram or whatever. This is obviously a futile pursuit but it's a way of self validation.

I am at the point where I just want to pay my dues and get out. Pay for me and my wife's freedom and explore our endless imagination together. They'll have you think retirement must happen around your 60's, but there are ways out. If you want nothing you already have everything. Thoreau / John the Baptist type of stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
As an empath I can feel it. It's a heavy feeling and it seems to get worse every day.

The energy I feel from others is heavy and it's most heavy in big places like Walmart. No joke. I can't go in that place. I go maybe once a year if I have to. It messes with me way too much. The energy in that place is depressing and dark almost angry at times. I know it sounds crazy but it took me a long time to realize what an empath is and that I am one. For most of my life I thought something was wrong with me but now I know there isn't. It is both a blessing and a curse to be an empath. I am still learning how to deflect people's emotions and energy but it's hard when so many are negative. I can sense sadness and hopelessness.

I was in Europe in March, The Netherlands to be exact. Let me tell you I did NOT have that heavy feeling there at all. I was amazed at the energy in The Netherlands and how different it was and how the people just didn't give off this sense of hopeless and being depressed. It was like a huge weight was lifted. People were friendly, smiling and NOT walking around with a screen shoved in their face! I mentioned it to my non believing bf about being an empath and how I didn't feel such heavy sadness or negativity there. He, as an outsider, says Americans work too much and focus on the wrong things. The more I am with him the more I see what he is talking about. He is right and those things are why people are so depressed.

We live in a society where it's all about what you have and how you look. Sure it's been that way for some time but now with the internet and social media it seems like it gets worse. People are constantly comparing themselves to others online and trying to keep up with the "in" crowd. I recently read an article on how Facebook is making people depressed, like we needed a study for that! Americans DO work too much, no quality time with family. Cost of living is insane, wages suck, healthcare is a joke. No wonder we are a depressed nation on meds.

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

posted on Nov, 27 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Funny.

Today, a coworker asked how I was able to deal with the owner of our company getting on my ass.

I told her 2 things:

I am the kind of guy who looks at the world and sees that there is nothing to stress...pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

I am the kind of guy who lets other's stress roll down my back. I try to be the best at what I do, the chips fall where they may.

(Forgot to tell her that a nice hit of God's finest at the end of the day helps)

In reality, I think most sweat the details, and never look at the big picture.

what you said. minus whatever hit you are talking about

posted on Nov, 28 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I'm a home health aide so I am certainly in a perpetual state of stress. Overworked, underpaid, keeping head barely above water, and due to my job spending everyday trying to push that stress aside to try and help others deal with theirs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join