It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEVER NANCY -- Democrat rebellion against Nancy Pelosi has reached CRITICAL numbers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Appears Nancy Pelosi's bid to be the Speaker of The House again is meeting resistance 😆

Apparently there are some Democrats saying they will not vote for Her to be Speaker.

Wonder what the problem is ?

Democrats don't seem to be as "adhering" as they want us to think.

Maybe this is just another red herring to make Her look oh-so strong if and when She does become Speaker 🤦

Democrats are famous for tricking the public.

NEVER NANCY: Democrat rebellion against Nancy Pelosi has reached CRITICAL numbers!!

The revolt inside the Democratic Party against Nancy Pelosi’s return to the House speakership is gaining momentum with a growing number of Democrats signing a letter pledging not to support the California Democrat for speaker.

Fox News has confirmed at least 17 House Democrats, including incumbents and incoming members, have signed on to a document saying they will not support Pelosi on the House floor for speaker. A Democrat familiar with the effort says they are trying to add more names before the letter is publicly released.

"Yup, I'm qualified"

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Dims are fracturing, the result of the previous election.

We knew they would cannabalize and eat each other, but this is damn near tribal warfare within the Dim ranks.

GOP is pretty much done with who will be running their show, Kevin and Ol'Mitch quick, easy and to the point.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Appears Nancy Pelosi's bid to be the Speaker of The House again is meeting resistance 😆

Apparently there are some Democrats saying they will not vote for Her to be Speaker.

Wonder what the problem is ?

Democrats don't seem to be as "adhering" as they want us to think.

Maybe this is just another red herring to make Her look oh-so strong if and when She does become Speaker 🤦

Democrats are famous for tricking the public.

NEVER NANCY: Democrat rebellion against Nancy Pelosi has reached CRITICAL numbers!!

The revolt inside the Democratic Party against Nancy Pelosi’s return to the House speakership is gaining momentum with a growing number of Democrats signing a letter pledging not to support the California Democrat for speaker.

Fox News has confirmed at least 17 House Democrats, including incumbents and incoming members, have signed on to a document saying they will not support Pelosi on the House floor for speaker. A Democrat familiar with the effort says they are trying to add more names before the letter is publicly released.

"Yup, I'm qualified"

The problem is if they go against Queen Batty and aren't successful in their dissent, they will be punished (won't get committee appointments, etc).

If there is going to be a revolt, those revolting either have to not GAF in regards to their congressional careers or there has to be critical mass so they are assured to unseat her.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If I understand things correctly, that number would need to reach 32 to be a catastrophe for Pelosi, assuming the Dems signing on to refuse to vote for her will vote for a different Dem rather than whoever the GOP may propose as their Speaker if they had the numbers. If, however, they reach 32 Dems who flat refuse to vote for Pelosi, the GOP can run a GOP candidate they all support and beat Pelosi for the Speaker position 199-198 with 32 "other" votes sitting on the sidelines.

I don't think it can happen, mainly because the Dems would withdraw Pelosi and pick someone else once they hit the magic 32 number of Never-Nancies, but damn would it ever be a laugh riot to witness.

All that said, I support Pelosi 100% for speaker. The last time she was in that position, she contributed greatly to ensuring the GOP regained the House and I expect nothing but the best GOP campaigning from her again if she's in the same role.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Interesting... Marketwatch had pretty much the opposite thing to say about Nancy:

Pelo si tells potential challengers 'come on in' as she says she has support for House speaker bid

How anyone can believe a thing this woman says is beyond me

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Everyone hates Pelosi but for all kinds of reasons. Conservatives hate her for all their Right Wing reasons but many Liberals, Progressives, Democrats, Independents, etc, despise her because she's only good for raising money from the elite wealthy donors and their Corporations all the while ignoring her base and doing thy donors bidding. She's created no policies, really. She's told to play weak by her donors and she does.

Now this Corporate Shill of a Democrat wants more people to do thy bidding by her donors and many people, other than conservatives, never want to see this happen.

On her first day of orientation on Capitol Hill, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez protests in Pelosi's office
edit on 15-11-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
TERM LIMITS IS THE ONLY ANSWER!

And yes, I meant to yell

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

President Trump wants Nancy Pelosi to be the speaker. That's a big problem for Democrats.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi for speaker! And for the nomination for presidential run in '20!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I does not matter if she good or not, honest or not, liked or disliked. We live in a decade where only sensationalism matters and more than ever, any press is good press.

She is crazy enough and dysfunctional enough to fit right in and give us lots to talk about and hate and fight over.

If someone seems divisive, they will be picked.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If the Dems were smart they would put somebody in the position that they could push for a presidential run in 2020.
I doubt they're that smart so we will get ding bat yammering for two years.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good on public servants being actual public servants and serving the public as opposed to toeing-the-line for Wall Street Democrats like Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Truth!!

I wonder who else is challenging her for the position? Quite honestly, the speaker is two stopped heart beats from the Presidency...that should be considered.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
THe Dems are in a little of a pickle. Can they run a straight white male against her? I mean what would Mark Hamill say? Anyone who doesn't vote for her and votes for the SWM will by a mysoginist, white supremiste, who hates christmans, sorry that's allowed, hates ramadan and puppies.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
If the Dems were smart they would put somebody in the position that they could push for a presidential run in 2020.
I doubt they're that smart so we will get ding bat yammering for two years.

If the dems want to keep power in the House they should pick and train a good person who will be there for a while. I don't think speakers become presidents ever.

Ok, had to look that up and 1 Speaker of the House has ever been elected president, James Polk in 1835. It should be someone younger and someone willing to stay in position for a little while, not Pelosi.

Also, someone fresh and young for the pres candidate, separate from the House.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

She's created no policies

Really ?
I can think of one , at least
Then held Congress hostage until they voted Aye
On a Saturday night

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

All Republican members should nominate and back Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Marcia Fudge
Fudge slams Pelosi

While she stopped short of officially throwing her hat in the ring, Fudge told HuffPost she’s been “overwhelmed” by the number of people reaching out to support her potential speaker bid. She thinks the opposition to Pelosi in the caucus is much greater than the 17 Democrats who have signed a letter saying they won’t support Pelosi to be speaker. According to Fudge, if the vote were held today, Pelosi would be well short of the numbers.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

All Republican members should nominate and back Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

www.usatoday.com...

I agree 100% 💥😎💥

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Ugh, well you certainly earned a rare star from me 😒

Regardless of whether you wanted it or not, it's there because I've long thought of Pelosi in that same manner, just some old bimbo jockying the old money "has beens", looking to engage through monetary gain.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join