It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 5..why did you do this again EA?!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I will never purchase digital if I can avoid it.
It feels even more so of a rip off to me lol.
Cuz at least when I get bored of BF5 I can trade it in.
Digital...not so much

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Fair enough not that you don’t get screwed either way.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes, we're starting the freemium battle with our kid now.

He notices those game commercials, and tells us how awesome those games would be on the phone. We tell him they aren't free, and we aren't paying for the goodies he would need to actually do well at them.

Then we patiently explain the term "pay-to-win" to him all over again.

Most the ones I tried it wasnt even about paying to be able to do well, but paying to be able to even do the "fun" part faster / more often. Note that fun part would be over right about the moment you're done spending the "Canadough". Then right back to waiting again.

The only one I found and still play is Clash Royale. You have to wait to get more cards, but you get all the cards you need to advance for free while the fun part is instantly when you hit the go button whamo you're in the match, again and again and again. Then they have so many 'cards' (that give you the units you play with) that there's more combinations of them you can enter battle with than there are powerball odds.

But I advise you get all the old console emulators and jam them out with thousands of Neo Geo, SNES, Sega, etc games. Those games were meant that when you bought them they'd last you a good while if you only had one.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Hmmmm

If the corporation kills gaming maybe everyone can go make mods of old classics and revive them.

There's already tons of stuff from 1995 to 2015 that could be expanded upon greatly.

Way back in the old days when editing tools seemed to be standard on PC...

Man the customer really lost out with quality of life on a lot of stuff...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join