It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese unmanned ground combat vehicles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

You kinda missed my point, we already have foundation.

Infact, your very post highlights what the US will do and as for policy, come one, we got Trump, aggressive policy will be insured so that our troops are in the best position to react.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The cameras and tactical guidance stick out like a sore thumb.

From a military perspective how can these be seen as viable once you knock these of the base they are too high up on?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage
The cameras and tactical guidance stick out like a sore thumb.

From a military perspective how can these be seen as viable once you knock these of the base they are too high up on?

We probably have to look beyond mere Cams, something along the lines of Thz Imaging or some other similar deal.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
plot twist :

the " unmanned vehicles " - have a secret crew compartment - with a midget operator inside

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Eh, I'm not going to say the stole it, but the US has operational UGV's in service already-- some of them quite large like the Abrams Panther. Mostly for mine clearance and EOD, but you'd be surprised what is rolling and crawling around out there in various stages of development and OT&E, also.

Panther is more like an RC tank rather than a true UGV: they drive it with a person inside to where they want to use it and then hop out rather than have autonomous pathing.

If you would be so kind, what programs of record does the US have for UGVs right now? And I am well aware of is the TARDEC toys.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Doesn't look like that at all to me.

Is this some sort of internal denial self defence mechanism that you're displaying here?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The US UGV effort started in the 60's. More recently the FCS program contained half a dozen or more UGV's in the multisystem approach.

The following are turning sand in various stages of deployment or evaluation with the Army or MC
Abrams Panther
Mesa's ACER
Black Knight
Lockheed's MULE
NG's CaMEL
Milrem Titan
Four ton Ripsaw UGV
Sandia's SARGE
RCCS
Gladiator
ARTS
ARMDEC COUGAR

I'm sure I'm sure I'm missing some. The tiny Johnny -5 varients and packbots and hand-tossed UGV's are myriad and already overseas. I didn't try to name them all because you seem to be asking about larger vehicles.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
A few of the SMET contenders get profiled [url=http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25350/this-robot-the-10th-mountain-is-testing-could-become-the-armys-revolutionary-mechanical-donkey]here.[/ url]

Personally, I'd vote for a couple pack mules, horses, llamas, or camels over a UGV that needs an infrastructure beyond water. But that's just me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join