It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The removal of political ideology from the workplace

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Having ran a few companies in my time, the only thing I find to be worse than slackers are pontificators and proselytizers.

It's time to set company policies to limit any discussion of politics in the work place. This includes facebook, twitter, and even ATS.

As a business owner I have culled my ranks of employees of the alt-left and alt-right variety. I've also enacted a policy to keep the company devoid of politics.

I'm hoping the rest of you can follow suit in order to rid our nation of the cancer that is upon it currently.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I swear I've seen this same thread 3 times in the last hour.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I swear I've seen this same thread 3 times in the last hour.

It's a new addition to the political players club. An alt-extreme-CENTRIST. Bow to the moderate extremism.

The spamming is just going to be a bonus.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well , fight fire with fire =)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: HunkaHunka

So you advocate the removal of political influence in the workplace, that itself is an ultra RIGHT wing point of view.
Union's are an essential part of workers right's ensuring fair working condition's, right's at work AND THAT EMPLOYERS ABIDE BY THOSE RIGHTS AND LAWS AS WELL AS SAFETY REGULATIONS.
Remove political influence at work and you also effectively both freeze current right's of workers whom are the vast majority of the population of this planet AND start to roll those right's backward into the dark ages of slavery, serfdom and peasant classes of people which is about 99.99999 percent of the entire world's population then being placed into inescapable bondage, wage slavery without right's and no security in either there job's, there tenancy's since they will then not be able to afford home's and there family's since whose going to pay for there children to go to school, there health insurance etc.

Sorry but your opinion is both biased and to be quite frank smell's of brimstone.

BUT in your favor you are targeting equally the ALTERNATIVE left and right and let's be fair no one want's to work with genuine Commies or Nazi's and I should expect no decent person would want to employ them either - the problem is that it is an inevitable slippery slope to remove them and it only slides to the right.
edit on 15-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I can't help but picture you as the Judge from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Your libertarianism is showing and you have the nerve to talk about toxicity. smh

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HunkaHunka
a reply to: MisterSpock

Well , fight fire with fire =)

Didn't you say you lived in a national forest? Are you threatening to start a forest fire? That's what that sounds like to me, you should be more careful with what you say online.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Your free to do what you will apperently, do you not see it as fair for other to do their own will the same as you?
You are in fact worse than the things you are lamenting against.

You do realize that your version of alt-left and alt-right is yours and yours alone? You are legion? Give me a break your one deranged individual nothing more possibly somthing less.

What is this your 4th or 5th attempt at the same thread? Its insanity repeating the same action expecting different results.
edit on 15-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Man, you're busy today. You appear to be even more radical than the employees you claim to have culled. I think you need to step back and look at yourself in the mirror for 10-15 minuets. Come back and tell us what you see.

Edit: Personally, I think you're radically nuts.
edit on 15-11-2018 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thank you. This warms my heart

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

I can't help but picture you as the Judge from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I’m totally insane and proud of it

originally posted by: Athetos
Your free to do what you will apperently, do you not see it as fair for other to do their own will the same as you?
You are in fact worse than the things you are lamenting against.

You do realize that your version of alt-left and alt-right is yours and yours alone? You are legion? Give me a break your one deranged individual nothing more possibly somthing less.

What is this your 4th or 5th attempt at the same thread? Its insanity repeating the same action expecting different results.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thank you :-)

originally posted by: CharlesT
Man, you're busy today. You appear to be even more radical than the employees you claim to have culled. I think you need to step back and look at yourself in the mirror for 10-15 minuets. Come back and tell us what you see.

Edit: Personally, I think you're radically nuts.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Good thing clinically insane people are not often taken serious. Phew.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh man, its times like this that I really wish the US had the same unfair dismissal laws as Australia.

Over here you'd be liable to pay each employee you unjustly fired up to 6 months full pay, plus you'd be facing some steep fines.

But, considering your in the US, I guess I'll just have to settle on having faith that karma catches up with you, sooner than later.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I've also enacted a policy to keep the company devoid of politics.

People are ragging on you, but I actually think this is a good thing.

My first real job was at a huge company that basically followed the same mantra. They called it, check it at the door,
your political views, your home drama, etc. Come to work to work not to gossip, that is what ATS is for

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think that it is entirely reasonable to let staff members know that this work environment is inclusive but will not tolerate political discussions while on work time. You should be working.

If employees feel the need to voice their political opinions, they can do it on their own time.

Same for religion. It's wonderful if you are a believer but I don't want to hear your religious beliefs at work.

I say good for you
edit on 15-11-2018 by Wildbob77 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I've also enacted a policy to keep the company devoid of politics.

People are ragging on you, but I actually think this is a good thing.

Myself and others are saying he is crazy, not stupid. Reminds me of an old tale I once heard. A man had a flat tire in front of an insane asylum. took the tire off and had to take it to have repaired. When he returned, all of his lug-nuts were gone. He didn't know what to do. A patient watching said, take one nut off of the other 3 wheels and mount the tire. The man did and drove away.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I'm with you.. but ATS? Members/posters aren't employees. Even mods (if payed) are posting as a member not employee..

Kinda silly?..

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I think that it is entirely reasonable to let staff members know that this work environment is inclusive but will not tolerate political discussions while on work time. You should be working.

You seriously think its reasonable to dictate by threat of termination, what employees, who may be working with each other for 38 hours a day 5 days a week, can discuss with each other?

That sure sounds like a full blown authoritarian utopia to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join