It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Theresa May's Press Conference Live

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpyLike it or not and whine as much as you like but you Remainers need to accept that you lost the vote. Going on about what youngsters may or not want is just waffle.

Accept it: you lost. Deal with it.

The deal is not done yet oldcarpy so we will have to see what happens the boat hasn't sailed just yet and I don't feel like we lost anything....................... If May gets her deal through with parliament and the EU then we will still be fairly in with the EU its not a total brexit more a readjustment, then we can sit on it and watch us slowly get reintegrated into the European project
All them eastern European nations wanted their freedom back in 1848 through to 1990 and now guess what............................................... They are all reeled in again and part of the European project. Nationalism works out for sure but it only a temporary fleeting moment whereby the coming together of peoples is a much more powerful movement

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

originally posted by: alldaylongSwitzerland and Norway are part of Europe, but not members of The E.U.

They seem to be doing fine.

Yeah they do but they are both tiny little countries with massive resources like banking and the oil and trees, they don't have the responsibilities of being Great Britain

The U.K's. GDP is far larger than both of those countries ( in fact the 5th highest in the world.)

So, i can't see what point you are trying to make. Please explain.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Give us a minute, im at work clenching finisjhing a job and sitting on a dump just need to do that first........... please

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
She is lamer than a one legged duck, that woman.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Phew that's better.................... Right the point is Britain is a major reional power while Norway and Swiss are not, Britain has a mass of interconnections to the EU that are necessary and need integration in order to work properly. Barriers are bad news for a regional power, barriers are Berlin walls and look where that got eEurope. Best bet is we forget about all the EU Brexit stuff and this will happen soon when we get get what most people want, a referendum on whether the May proposed deal is a good deal or whetherwe would rather stay as a full EU member.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Why vote at all for anything then? just leave all the big, important decisions to those who know best...You know, like they used to when kings were really in charge and us peasants did what we were bloody well told.

I find the idea of ignoring the fact that more people in British history voted to leave the EU than ever voted for anything else, utterly contemptible.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
I find the idea of ignoring the fact that more people in British history voted to leave the EU than ever voted for anything else, utterly contemptible.

Hardly a big majority was it? More like just about half the people want in half want out so there's got to be a balancing act and May is the perfect person for this.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yes, those pesky voters. Ignorant bigots who were too thick to understand what they were voting for. Best to just ignore them. It's for their own good. Etc.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

But, it was a majority. Which the Remain side did not have. That is how democracy works.

It's not "Best of three, then?"

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

But, it was a majority. Which the Remain side did not have. That is how democracy works.

It's not "Best of three, then?"

I go with that and all remainers need to and make the best of it. If they did an Irealnd and got us back in by the vote that would be wrong. Brexit is here, we justy need to make a good go of it now

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Hardly a big majority was it? More like just about half the people want in half want out so there's got to be a balancing act and May is the perfect person for this.

17.4 million to 16.1 million.
Or, about 13 cities the size of Gloucester.

A not inconsiderable number of people.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
Accept it: you lost. Deal with it.

Oh I accept it, I just feel like we've all lost but I'll be happy to be proved wrong,.

The proof, they say is in the pudding and this is looking like an Eton Mess topped with dog turd.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We should take the deal.. When out start to hardball. Make our own decisions as we are out. Decide what is still fair to pay while in transition. If the EU or Ireland want a hard border it is on them ignore that border leave it free like it is.
Or Labours way whatever that is including a customs union and single market Yikes. Or a goddamn 2nd referendum dum dum or peoples vote and can kicking some more. Once we are out we are out and can negotiate better we are out. BREXIT.
But the blind cannot seeeeeee.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You should see her dance!
I reckon anyone who cannot dance should not be in power.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah it not an inconsiderable anount of people and we are Brexitng the EU for sure. Itsjust we have to balance things out Sprocket find a way of unitng both sides if things gonna work out in the future and may is doing a pretty good job. We have BMW and yesterday PSA stating they may well pull out of the UK so our leader has to balance it out and she's doing a very decent job consoidering the total mess of uncertainty the country is in

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
9am Sunday (tomorrow morning) May and Corbin on Sky news....should be entertaining if nothing else!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44
We should take the deal.. When out start to hardball. Make our own decisions as we are out. Decide what is still fair to pay while in transition. If the EU or Ireland want a hard border it is on them ignore that border leave it free like it is.
Or Labours way whatever that is including a customs union and single market Yikes. Or a goddamn 2nd referendum dum dum or peoples vote and can kicking some more. Once we are out we are out and can negotiate better we are out. BREXIT.
But the blind cannot seeeeeee.

‘A national humiliation’ Business leaders urge MPS to vote down May’s Brexit deal

MORE than 200 business leaders, including Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin, have put their names to a letter sent to Conservative MPs calling on them to torpedo Theresa May’s Brexit deal, claiming its implementation would represent an “act of national humiliation” which “sold British business down the river”.

The letter, organised by former director general of the British Chamber of Commons and co-chair of the Pro-Brexit campaign group Leave Means Leave, is signed by members of the Alliance of British Entrepreneurs.

Signatories include Mr Martin, as well as venture capitalist Jon Moulton.

It will be delivered to MPs next week, The Daily Telegraph reports.

The letter, backed as it is by a large number of influential British businessmen brands Mrs May’s deal “the greatest act of national humiliation in this proud country’s history”.

It suggests it “offers the eu carte blanche to impose uncompetitive and deliberately punitive policies on the UK, selling British business down the river”.

Furthermore, the letter suggests business leaders “do not believe the Prime Minister’s own tests are met”, adding that they were “desperately worried” at the prospect of being “locked in a customs’ union”.

Instead, they advocate leaving without a deal and making use of the “ready-made framework for co-operation” within the rules of the World Trade Organisation.

However, they profess themselves to be “confident” of the UK’s ability “to set through any short-term upheaval to a prosperous future”.

www.express.co.uk...

Business leaders are confident of the UK's ability.

But I see the 'doom mongers' are coming out in force.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheiaBusiness leaders are confident of the UK's ability.

and that's why BMW are considering moving Mini out of Oxford and transferring production to German plants while PSA came out only yesterday and said they were considering closing down Vauxhall production in the UK and transferring to the EU. Lets face it we are screwed because of Brexit

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Ford closed the Dagenham and Halewood car manufacturing plant, and Ford Van manufacturing site in Southampton closed and shipped to Turkey.

Peugeot closed it's Coventry manufacturing plant and moved production to France.

And guess what? All that happened years ago, before The U.K. had the referendum to leave The E.U.

Car plants closes. That's the way it's always been.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

and that's why BMW are considering moving Mini out of Oxford and transferring production to German plants while PSA came out only yesterday and said they were considering closing down Vauxhall production in the UK and transferring to the EU. Lets face it we are screwed because of Brexit

I gave you a quote from 200 Business leaders .......

And You have given ONE business.

One swallow doesnt make a summer.

The TV is on in the back ground as I type and I see Dominic Rabb has given an

interview stating Stand up to Brussels Bullies and he was there before he

resigned so perhaps he does know better.

Do you REALLY want to be in that sort of union

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join