It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Trump Anti-Immigrant?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

if this country had a merit based system when the huddled masses came over we wouldn't have a country right now.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I took it that Ellis Island closed, not that it was no longer the most populated port of entry.

At any rate, Ellis Island's history has nothing to do with our southern border, international treaties and the way we accept asylum sekers, who are not presently required to go through ports of entry to claim asylum.

Trump's policies of family separation, turning away asylum seekers at ports of entry, threatening to disalow asylum for those who enter between ports of entry, in violation of international treaties and acts of Congress, changing asylum criteria, revoking temporary immigration status of Hondurans, El Salvadorians and Hattians, threatening to halt birth right citizenship. revoking passports of US citizens born at home with midwives, etc. are examples of "how Trump is anti-immigrant.

Whether or not you agree with Trump doesn't matter, if they come as poor and huddled, Trump is looking for ways to bar them from immigrating to the US.

So much is touted about the "huddled masses" phrase, but never the part about "I lift my lamp beside the golden door"

If the "huddled masses" want to come in, they've have to come in legally.

Which requires Congress writing laws that make sense.

People need to compromise and a constitutional convention should happen to change birthright citzenship in trade for guest worker programs, pathway for property owners or a set of clear rules, with central America and better boarder security.

Without that and labor voids for needed services illegals will come.

Its isnt rocket science. Its reality.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

i have only heard him espouse for immigration from norway and whites from south africa. make of it what you will

edit on 15-11-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

if this country had a merit based system when the huddled masses came over we wouldn't have a country right now.

I suppose, but counterfactual history isn't that great an indicator of whether something is good or bad.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

i have only heard him espouse for immigration from iceland and whites from south africa. make of it what you will

And? Does your iq tell you that’s something to do with race?

Or is that just cnn’s opinion?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I will let you make of it what you will.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: luthier

I'm not "the right," but I'll mention it because I watched the exploitation of the migrant farm workers in the southern San Joaquin Valley of California--the way that employers treated these people and "housed" them during the seasonal work was the epitome of deplorable. I'm not a fan of unions, per se, but I applaud Cesar Chavez and others' effort to get these migrant workers paid at least at the federal minimum wage. Uses like that are appropriate for unions, and I'm glad that they fought the good fight when they did.

That farm work is no joke--this is a valley that CONSISTENTLY smolders in 100+ degrees, and these people are out there doing true back-breaking labor, all the while being exploited by the employers. Keep in mind, there is barely a tree in the vicinity of the farmland, so anyone out there is just directly exposed to the sun and heat...the conditions are terrible.

I would like to think that it's gotten better overall, and it probably has to a certain degree, but whenever I'm out visiting family in Bakersfield, CA, I still see the same shantytowns and run-down housing that existed when I was a kid/teenager growing up there.

These employers exploiting these people are a major part of the problem, and I guarantee that there are backroom kickbacks to governments officials in order to keep the train rolling in border states. It all stink to hell, and I abhor exploitation of human beings.

This is my point. The only people against guest worker visa's from central America are ignorant of reality or radically nationalist imo.

Mandatory verification, especially in known areas of abuse for God sakes, and Visa programs that have a pathway if the economy can handle it.

I am saying the lack of a Visa program robust for certain areas for centrial American labor is the freaking problem.

Reality is there is a NEED..

That is it. Not no boarder ot everyone gets a pony and humpback whale.

I think you know Iean that i am just venting.

edit on 15-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I will let you make of it what you will.

I make of it that he is PRO immigration. Like I said. Like he said himself.

You seem to be a racist so.......

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You mean change archaic laws from centuries old contracts? You don't say? Or is it only ok to make changes when it fits your agenda? Just to be clear I am all for visiting and rehashing said documents according to the will of the people.

link   

Which requires Congress writing laws that make sense.

People need to compromise and a constitutional convention should happen to change birthright citzenship in trade for guest worker programs, pathway for property owners or a set of clear rules, with central America and better boarder security.

Without that and labor voids for needed services illegals will come.

Its isnt rocket science. Its reality.

People choose to follow the laws or not. It's one of the preconditions of citizenship to any country. Writing more laws isn't going to make that happen.

link   

My examples were not about "illegal" immigration, but about Trump's anti-immigration policies when it comes to refugee and asylum seekers. He's not anti-immigration, he's anti-huddled mass immigration.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ha!!! Love the way racist is so easily thrown around these days, I'm actually for the dismantling of races and nationalism as in no more identifying as any certain race.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You mean change archaic laws from centuries old contracts? You don't say? Or is it only ok to make changes when it fits your agenda? Just to be clear I am all for visiting and rehashing said documents according to the will of the people.

The implication of calling a constitutional convention was the people were given a compromise plan and they agreed enough to not riot leading up to the convention.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Lol it does when you actually jail people employing illegals.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If the "huddled masses" want to come in, they've have to come in legally

It is legal for asylum seekers to claim asylum, regardless of their immigration status, or how they entered the country. That's the law. Trump wants to change the law. That's "how Trump is anti-immigrant".

(1)In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.
www.law.cornell.edu...#

It is NOT illegal for asylum seekers to cross between ports in their effort to claim asylum.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Why are illegals anti-immigration?
Why are dems anti-immigration?

What is it about APPLYING that they’re so ‘against’?

You want to immigrate to Australia? APPLY
South Africa? Slovakia? China? Mexico?

APPLY!!!! Like everyone else does. THATS what an IMMIGRANT is. A person who IMMIGRATED to a country of their choice. By APPLYING.

What is it about sneaking across the borders illegally that dems, leftists and illegal immigrants are so in favour of?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Why are illegals anti-immigration?
Why are dems anti-immigration?

What is it about APPLYING that they’re so ‘against’?

You want to immigrate to Australia? APPLY
South Africa? Slovakia? China? Mexico?

APPLY!!!! Like everyone else does. THATS what an IMMIGRANT is. A person who IMMIGRATED to a country of their choice. By APPLYING.

What is it about sneaking across the borders illegally that dems, leftists and illegal immigrants are so in favour of?

The difference is those countries create guest worker Visa programs and Americans haven't figured out the reason they are illegal is because the laws dont reflect reality of labor needs for specific industries.

The difference is when you get caught in those countries with hundreds of illegals the ceo goes to jail.

In our country the guy employing hundreds or possibly thousands under different companies donates to the guy who sells you the idea illegals are the problem.

edit on 15-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

He's not

time.com...

amp.miamiherald.com...

But his voter base is.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

His first wife was not a US citizen before giving birth. She did not get her citizenship until after the birth of their final child.

In fact that based on all reports, and reality, even marrying a US citizen is no guarantee of US citizenship, and is often looked at far more harshly than those who arrive here. Many consider it a short cut to getting a green card.

And what about the chin immigration with the third wife, who married the man, had a child, and then her family was brought over after that? And they just got their green cards.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
How is Trump Anti-immigrant:

Interesting topic, though there are a few things that can be stated:

The main problem is that Trump is the child of immigrants. And as sad as it is, to hear what comes from his mouth, and other politicians like him to speak such kind of makes one wonder.

The words he chooses, how truthful of them. He does not appear to mince words, does not appear to misspeak, only walking back his statements, when it looks like the man went too far. Even in his first speech, the very idea was that of fear. And it was used to gather support of people, to ensure that they vote for him and the Republicans. The very words he speaks now, has greater weight, and are dangerous, sending out ripples around the world. Even in this country, the outcome is starting to show, and it is terrifying to think that a few people are starting to take the next step.

Trump chooses his words to inspire fear and loathing, not bringing out the best in people. He is lumping certain people in one group, be it from those from the south as those who would come up to commit crimes, like drugs, raping and murder. He does not try to show the difference between different people, but brings up the worst things, like those who are Muslim and terrorism.

While he speaks out about some policies, he is either the very product of those policies he is speaking out about or it is within his own family. Anchor babies, his own wives, 2 of them had that down. And chain immigration, his current wife and her family are a product of that. Yet is that not the height of hypocrisy, to proclaim such as wrong, and should be illegal, when it happened in his own family?

And then there is the forcible family separation, where young children are separated from their parents, and placed in jail. It does not matter how nice the places are, they are still in a prison.

Then there is the new proposed means test for immigration. After all what better way to restrict the immigrants? Problem is that if citizenship is based on this means test, even the US citizens, a majority would not even qualify for such. Not having a job that pays more than 30 thousand a year would count against the person, those who have a medical condition, not having health insurance, receiving any government assistance for 36 months. Not currently working or being enrolled in school full time, and having no employment history or reasonable prospect of future employment.
The problem is that it is estimated that more than 100 million citizens of this country would fail that testing. And children do not work, and are not in school full time all year round.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join