It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is Trump Anti-Immigrant?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Because he runs half his campaign on immigration reform and a giant freaking wall. I'm for proper immigration laws, but Trump amplified it to ridiculous levels.

Now he has millions chanting "build that wall". He puts the illusion out there that immigrants are the cause of most of our problems.

So now we'll build a giant wall, hire more tax payer funded immigration employees to guard the wall, and then have a celebration while we're billions in debt..

How about fixing immigration court so that immigrants aren't waiting years to have their case heard and then being put up against bias uncaring judges who may be throwing good people away.

My point is that trump is a moron. His solutions are moron solutions.

Fox the problems going on already instead of building a wall. Talk intelligently about it and create positive discussion.

Current discussion is; "democrats want to let rapists and traffickers in our country with no oversight or laws".

That's not discussion, that's fear mongering.

Not understanding that if the President wants to stop ILLEGAL immigration has nothing whatsoever to do with ‘immigration’ is a symptom of a low iq.

Building a wall and enforcing the border is NOT anti-immigration.

The President wants people to immigrate to the United States. He does not want people to sneak across the border.

Opposing one does NOT mean he opposes the other.

The President is PRO immigration. The President is ANTI illegal immigration.

The two are not related.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Can we call out implicit, systemic racism without being labelled a racist? I mean a large percentage wouldnt be leaving Mexico if it wast for the prejudiced castizos.

No one is talking about it, so I am.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Because he runs half his campaign on immigration reform and a giant freaking wall. I'm for proper immigration laws, but Trump amplified it to ridiculous levels.

Now he has millions chanting "build that wall". He puts the illusion out there that immigrants are the cause of most of our problems.

So now we'll build a giant wall, hire more tax payer funded immigration employees to guard the wall, and then have a celebration while we're billions in debt..

How about fixing immigration court so that immigrants aren't waiting years to have their case heard and then being put up against bias uncaring judges who may be throwing good people away.

My point is that trump is a moron. His solutions are moron solutions.

Fox the problems going on already instead of building a wall. Talk intelligently about it and create positive discussion.

Current discussion is; "democrats want to let rapists and traffickers in our country with no oversight or laws".

That's not discussion, that's fear mongering.

While you guys are left with your mouths frothing over something Trump said on time during a rally, there are actual policies at work here.

Can you name one point besides "build a wall" of Trump's 10-point immigration plan?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Propagandalf
a reply to: luthier

That is literally not true. We have massive labor shortages in the trades including those that require liscensing illegals can't get.

I have been I carpenter, cabinet maker, and furniture maker for 15 years. It isnt illegals stopping people from becoming carpenters and the data shows the opposite.

We have 3 percent unemployment. There literally are not Americans to even take over the 11 million jobs they occupy now.

Do you really believe Americans becoming roofers in Texas is step up?

Your argument doesnt reflect actual economics.

I never said illegals are stopping people from getting jobs. I explicitly said "so long as low-skilled illegals are undercutting tax-paying citizens, employers are going to take advantage, driving the American worker away." Sorry, but a strawman isn't an argument.

Without illegals, some industries will be short of labor, sure. They'll have to hire people, innovate, or go under. I'm not sure how that is a problem.

A city can not in innovate to grow. They need infrastructure and literal building from literal labor.

Having some off the cuff theory of morality doesnt change that.

By the way high paying jobs in the trades have massive voids. I just had a friend offer me a six figure job if I get a cdl. I dont nees the money because I innovated and created a different job than being a carpenter.

I can tell this is rhetoric for you and you dont understand the reality trends that occurred before the illegal market reached a large size.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yup, trump is too dumb to pin point the real issues. Has he even talked about immigration court? One of the biggest issues in failed immigration systems.

He honestly does nothing but fear monger. A strong (patriotic) president would bring the country together by explaining the key issues in our system.

Instead he uses immigration to blame democrats and create fear.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Can we call out implicit, systemic racism without being labelled a racist? I mean a large percentage wouldnt be leaving Mexico if it wast for the prejudiced castizos.

Implying that ‘illegal immigrant’ somehow means ‘Mexican’ or ‘non-white’ is racism.

Anyone. From anywhere. Of ANY race. Who enters the country illegally or overstays illegally is an ‘illegal immigrant’.

That includes non-Mexicans and white people.

Being opposed to ‘illegal’ immigration is NOT related at all to racism. Only a racist would think the two are related.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Implying that ‘illegal immigrant’ somehow means ‘Mexican’ or ‘non-white’ is racism.

Anyone. From anywhere. Of ANY race. Who enters the country illegally or overstays illegally is an ‘illegal immigrant’.

That includes non-Mexicans and white people.

Being opposed to ‘illegal’ immigration is NOT related at all to racism. Only a racist would think the two are related.

I completely agree with you.

I was speaking more to the reasons why most dont want to live in Mexico

link   
a reply to: blueman12

It truly is incredible. He is surfing a wave and playing all the greatest hits and everyone falls for it because it's what they want to hear.

Any intelligent person knows to be weary of a politician that tells you exactly what you want to hear.

America is all of us. The crappy dysfunctional ones too. We all have different ideas of what that even means.

Which is why the 10th amendment was so important, yet so ignored.

And trump is not dumb. It's working...people eat it up.

An investment real estate developer is a cross between a mob boss and a politician.

Every carpenter knows that. They put up the building they were not supposed to and then pay the fine.
edit on 15-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

My mistake:

Ellis Island was the largest immigration station in the United States from 1892 to 1924. Over 12 million immigrants came through Ellis Island during this period.

I took it that Ellis Island closed, not that it was no longer the most populated port of entry.

At any rate, Ellis Island's history has nothing to do with our southern border, international treaties and the way we accept asylum sekers, who are not presently required to go through ports of entry to claim asylum.

Trump's policies of family separation, turning away asylum seekers at ports of entry, threatening to disalow asylum for those who enter between ports of entry, in violation of international treaties and acts of Congress, changing asylum criteria, revoking temporary immigration status of Hondurans, El Salvadorians and Hattians, threatening to halt birth right citizenship. revoking passports of US citizens born at home with midwives, etc. are examples of "how Trump is anti-immigrant.

Whether or not you agree with Trump doesn't matter, if they come as poor and huddled, Trump is looking for ways to bar them from immigrating to the US.

edit on 15-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Only takes a google search to name any. Why isn't immigration court on there? I guess trump doesn't care about immigrants waiting 10 years for court?

It's all about getting rid of obama's stuff and kicking out as many people as possible. Ya know, cause immigrants cause all our problems!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yes trades are really hot right now. Where I live, tradesmen out-earn everyone else, even doctors.

You're basically pretending that you know something about economics and illegal immigration.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm not "the right," but I'll mention it because I watched the exploitation of the migrant farm workers in the southern San Joaquin Valley of California--the way that employers treated these people and "housed" them during the seasonal work was the epitome of deplorable. I'm not a fan of unions, per se, but I applaud Cesar Chavez and others' effort to get these migrant workers paid at least at the federal minimum wage. Uses like that are appropriate for unions, and I'm glad that they fought the good fight when they did.

That farm work is no joke--this is a valley that CONSISTENTLY smolders in 100+ degrees, and these people are out there doing true back-breaking labor, all the while being exploited by the employers. Keep in mind, there is barely a tree in the vicinity of the farmland, so anyone out there is just directly exposed to the sun and heat...the conditions are terrible.

I would like to think that it's gotten better overall, and it probably has to a certain degree, but whenever I'm out visiting family in Bakersfield, CA, I still see the same shantytowns and run-down housing that existed when I was a kid/teenager growing up there.

These employers exploiting these people are a major part of the problem, and I guarantee that there are backroom kickbacks to governments officials in order to keep the train rolling in border states. It all stink to hell, and I abhor exploitation of human beings.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

My mistake:

Ellis Island was the largest immigration station in the United States from 1892 to 1924. Over 12 million immigrants came through Ellis Island during this period.

I took it that Ellis Island closed, not that it was no longer the most populated port of entry.

At any rate, Ellis Island's history has nothing to do with our southern border, international treaties and the way we accept asylum sekers, who are not presently required to go through ports of entry to claim asylum.

Trump's policies of family separation, turning away asylum seekers at ports of entry, threatening to disalow asylum for those who enter between ports of entry, in violation of international treaties and acts of Congress, changing asylum criteria, revoking temporary immigration status of Hondurans, El Salvadorians and Hattians, threatening to halt birth right citizenship. revoking passports of US citizens born at home with midwives, etc. are examples of "how Trump is anti-immigrant.

Whether or not you agree with Trump doesn't matter, if they come as poor and huddled, Trump is looking for ways to bar them from immigrating to the US.

And still, you’re showing examples of how he is anti-ILLEGAL-immigrant and you show no examples whatsoever of how he is anti-immigrant.

Illegal-immigrant and immigrant are NOT the same thing. Not even similar. Not by a mile.

He is PRO immigration
He is ANTI illegal immigration

link   

Only takes a google search to name any. Why isn't immigration court on there? I guess trump doesn't care about immigrants waiting 10 years for court?

It's all about getting rid of obama's stuff and kicking out as many people as possible. Ya know, cause immigrants cause all our problems!

That you had to google it proves that you're misinformed. Instead you just spouted the typical anti-Trump nonsense. That's the point.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I do..I am a tradesman who worked in Texas for 12 years right after I got my journeyman.

And I know a lot about economics like why all the Republicans in Texas and arizona didnt go after illegals.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

My mistake:

And still, you’re showing examples of how he is anti-ILLEGAL-immigrant and you show no examples whatsoever of how he is anti-immigrant.

Illegal-immigrant and immigrant are NOT the same thing. Not even similar. Not by a mile.

He is PRO immigration

Then why doesnt he do what every modern nation does and go after the employers and create a national verification system that is mandatory?

Because it works, hits the donors, and doesnt provide the image he needs to get votes.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

But those very policies he is either a product of or has caused. His first wife was not a US citizen, until after she gave birth to his first three children, that in itself is the very definition of an anchor baby.

And his third wife, she gave birth to a child, thus ensuring that she would not be deported, and then her family was brought over, that in itself is chain immigration.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So much is touted about the "huddled masses" phrase, but never the part about "I lift my lamp beside the golden door"

If the "huddled masses" want to come in, they've have to come in legally.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

My mistake:

He is PRO immigration

Then why doesnt he do what every modern nation does and go after the employers and create a national verification system that is mandatory?

Because it works, hits the donors, and doesnt provide the image he needs to get votes.

He should.

And if he did it would be yet another policy of his that opposes ILLEGAL immigration.

He does not oppose LEGAL immigration.

Immigration and ILLEGAL immigration are NOT related

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

But those very policies he is either a product of or has caused. His first wife was not a US citizen, until after she gave birth to his first three children, that in itself is the very definition of an anchor baby.

And his third wife, she gave birth to a child, thus ensuring that she would not be deported, and then her family was brought over, that in itself is chain immigration.

She was married to Trump, and therefor an American citizen, before the birth of her children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join