It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DMV worker caught sleeping for 3 hours a day -- for YEARS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

California DMV worker snoozed on job 3 hours a day for about 4 years, audit finds

I'm pretty sure nobody is surprised by this headline! I will never forget going to our DMV when I moved to a new state. It was so so slow.
I finally get up to have a vision test, the guy didn't understand anything I was saying. He holds up a sign that he is deaf. I am all for disabled people to have jobs, but you are telling me in the entire DMV the best job for this deaf guy was giving directions at the vision test?? He couldn't work at the photos or something that required less communication?? etc. Crazy..

So back to this sleepy lady, I actually lol when I read it. I worked for a Major bank. I was in one department and the Mortgage department was next to us. I am being absolute serious when I say there was a guy that came into work and slept for several hours, every single day. He put this DMV lady to shame. He snored so loud that it was hard for us to do our work. He never got fired!!! So there you have it, if you wonder why mortgages take so long, now you know why!!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

My husband always takes naps at work whenever he can, but his boss if okay with that because of the oddball shifts he agrees to work to make the company profitable - give and take. Also another thought I have is that some people have sleep disorders, so why would an employer fire them for a health condition such as that?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

There was a thread on this when it came out in July.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Curious but if the worker was only recently caught, how would anyone know they’d been sleeping on the job for 4 years?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Curious but if the worker was only recently caught, how would anyone know they’d been sleeping on the job for 4 years?

The worker’s supervisors had been aware of her misuse of time but “failed to take disciplinary or medical action against the employee after initial efforts to address her conduct proved unsuccessful,” the audit said.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If that’s the case the workers supervisors should be fired as well.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i guess its not the worst thing out tax dollars go to.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

3 hour daily naps?

Lightweights

edit on 15-11-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

3 hour daily naps?

Lightweights

yes, my buddy Jim holds the record......at the old T I in North Dallas on Central........Texas Instruments

In the days of star wars there....they do R and D........long shifts...he snoozed 7 hours a day.....used to call me from there.....in his hidden chair.....three or four years......he struggled with working for the war machine company....
edit on 15-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ridiculous. Most government workers who double-dip rarely even show up at "work," and spend most of their time at their other job. Because once you're in the government, very strong unions make it practically impossible for you to get fired. The most that will happen is that you have to go into "counseling." You won't even miss a pay raise.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

In a perverse way, the time thieves blame their employer for their need to steal and sleep or goof off because the boss either doesn't care or doesn't help their situation.
In the days before the surveillance state HD the high tech tools to spy it was easter to get away with going to workwork and not working but charging a salary or pay for not working.

I say that all employers verify housing and suitable sleeping quarters and conditions exist before hire.

top topics

join