It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Probiotics Meant To Interfere With Our Brains?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
People know that I have always been extremely cautious about this new, "probiotic" craze going on right now. Big Pharmacies played around with a bacteria, then they force it on us, putting it in nearly every yogurt, then in skin creams, even makeup. "It's good for you", they promised us, "it's good for your gut. Your gut is important. Everything will be solved if you have our bacteria."

While it is true that probiotic has been proven to interfere with gut bacterial flora, and improving digestion and such, a more worrying study had been found a few years back, uncovering evidences that the "miracle probiotic" is associated with an increase of food allergies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I felt there was something more to it. Yes, a conspiracy. I could not help but feel that this bacteria they want us so much to consume, might have a catch to it. A hidden purpose, so to say.

At first I thought the bacteria was perhaps meant to redesign the way humans digest their food, and perhaps increase hydrocarbon content of the resulting waste - basically, creating fuel. But I didn't find any evidence to back up this hypothesis.

Instead of which, I have stumbled upon a discovery that may actually bring a missing piece of the puzzle.

It turns out that there might be colonies of bacterias inside our very own brains.

www.iflscience.com...

Perhaps most intriguing of all, the bacteria were the same types you’d expect to find in the gut, such as Firmicutes, Proteobacteria, and Bacteroidetes.

This news comes in addition to the fact that 1/3 to 1/2 of the world population is currently infected with T. Gondii, a bacteria that brings no side effects except strange changes in human behaviour. en.m.wikipedia.org...

The bacteria discovered in the brains were also present in those of people that were suffering from schizophrenia, though the article is not clear on the concentration or localisation of the bacteria for those particular cases.

But,

If this preliminary research is on the money, it could explain the apparent effect gut bacteria has on our brain function, behavior, and emotions.

Hence. Is it possible that some agencies are interested in influencing those brain functions, behaviour and emotions, using pharmaceutical probiotic bacteria?

edit on 15-11-2018 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

When brain-foggy patients stopped taking probiotics and took a course of antibiotics, their brain fogginess resolved.
www.sciencedaily.com...

Hmmmm. Oh. Um.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Not sure how I feel about probiotics, although I do think all the crap they put in our food is causing digestive issues.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I wouldn't say there is malicious intent on mind control via probiotics.

But in recent years scientists have found that the ramifications our gut flora has can be fealt across the body, including our mind, mood and energy level.

That said, we're still in the early phases of this new realm of though.

One thing we have found though is a disgusting life saving procedure done for those who have had a drvistating shock to their gut flora, fecal matter transplant. I don't think I need to elaborate
:
edit on 15-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

The CNS functions mostly reported being altered by probiotics are psychiatric disorders and memory abilities.
www.jnmjournal.org.../jnm16018

Altered.

Another of those non-working links. The title is 'Effect of Probiotics on Central Nervous System Functions in Animals and Humans: A Systematic Review'
edit on 15 11 2018 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Not sure how I feel about probiotics, although I do think all the crap they put in our food is causing digestive issues.

Especially when the food pyramid in America was made to benefit our most abundant agricultural. Carbs are not supposed to be primary intake as it says.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Probiotics are the same as those in the gut, are they not? How could something we already have be "invented" by pharma?

This stinks of fearmongering.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   

If I remember correctly. There were some studies done showing there's a pathway system from the digestive tract to the brain. So yes, your gut bacteria can affect your mood.

The idea behind pro biotics is to have a healthy gut biome to aid with digestion. It could affect mood as well.

Since I was in the hospital because of IBS I've completely changed my diet. So I've been taking probiotic supplements for a while now. I have to say I've been feeling pretty good.

Of course I stopped eating fried foods, stopped drinking coffee, soda, drinks or foods with artificial colors. I'm sure that helped as well. lol

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I can tell you they allowed my child to have better digestion after birth. Wasnt gaining weight etc, probiotics changed her digestion.

Candida die off are also a cause of brain fog and flu like symptoms.

Like anything to do with diet your genetics are the largest factor.

If your genes evolved in India chances are they have evolved with the use of probiotics for thousands of years.

Not sure people understand how much traditional fermented food there is and how long many cultures evolved using them..from Kim chi to sauerkraut.

Fermented foods have been used by nearly every culture in earth since at least the neolithic era.
edit on 15-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
No matter what you eat, or whether you eat or not, you have bacteria that controls what you eat and crave.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
People know that I have always been extremely cautious about this new, "probiotic" craze going on right now. Big Pharmacies played around with a bacteria, then they force it on us, putting it in nearly every yogurt, then in skin creams, even makeup. "It's good for you", they promised us, "it's good for your gut. Your gut is important. Everything will be solved if you have our bacteria."

While it is true that probiotic has been proven to interfere with gut bacterial flora, and improving digestion and such, a more worrying study had been found a few years back, uncovering evidences that the "miracle probiotic" is associated with an increase of food allergies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I felt there was something more to it. Yes, a conspiracy. I could not help but feel that this bacteria they want us so much to consume, might have a catch to it. A hidden purpose, so to say.

At first I thought the bacteria was perhaps meant to redesign the way humans digest their food, and perhaps increase hydrocarbon content of the resulting waste - basically, creating fuel. But I didn't find any evidence to back up this hypothesis.

Instead of which, I have stumbled upon a discovery that may actually bring a missing piece of the puzzle.

It turns out that there might be colonies of bacterias inside our very own brains.

www.iflscience.com...

Perhaps most intriguing of all, the bacteria were the same types you’d expect to find in the gut, such as Firmicutes, Proteobacteria, and Bacteroidetes.

This news comes in addition to the fact that 1/3 to 1/2 of the world population is currently infected with T. Gondii, a bacteria that brings no side effects except strange changes in human behaviour. en.m.wikipedia.org...

The bacteria discovered in the brains were also present in those of people that were suffering from schizophrenia, though the article is not clear on the concentration or localisation of the bacteria for those particular cases.

But,

If this preliminary research is on the money, it could explain the apparent effect gut bacteria has on our brain function, behavior, and emotions.

Hence. Is it possible that some agencies are interested in influencing those brain functions, behaviour and emotions, using pharmaceutical probiotic bacteria?

Really interesting OP. I have never even considered the ideas you have brought up. I guess that makes me kind of naive. I am very aware of the food I put in my mouth but have been pretty trusting about the probiotic thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Probiotics are the same as those in the gut, are they not? How could something we already have be "invented" by pharma?

How do you really know what bacteria or flora we have in our guts?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The only time I'll take a probiotic is after I've taken antibiotics.

You've brought up an interesting question though, and I think you're onto something.

I will look deeper and if I find anything I'll share it here.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It says some strains of probiotics produce histamine which then gets in the bloodstream and can cause severe headaches.

It also can set off an allergic reaction.

There are also other allergins in probiotics like eggs, milk, and soy.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
No matter what you eat, or whether you eat or not, you have bacteria that controls what you eat and crave.

Then I have some carnivirious bacteria in my gut.
Seriosuly though, meat is what my body deals with the best, I stay away from processed carbs. No bread or pasta. Steak and eggs for me

I'm skinny and healthy, life is easy if I stick to foods my body deals with easily.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Google this "probiotics conspiracy" and dig through these pages.

There is a lot of info available, surprisingly.

Also check this out from Popular Mechanics (who white wash it but admit some key details):

How Probiotics Control Your Mind

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

originally posted by: hombero

How do you really know what bacteria or flora we have in our guts?

For you to know for sure personally?

1) Need an education in modern biology and chemistry.
2) Need access to laboratory equipment.
3) Test yourself and then analyze the results.

Otherwise you will have to rely on someone else's word.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Gut bacteria in general does this with ph problems or the food they are given. Sugar for instance feeds yeast that is not good for you.

The reality is unless it's in your diet pretty regularly ot you have a massive deficit you can't really take enough orally over the counter to matter very much.

Fermented food and humans however evolved together. In fact even prior to humans animals eat things fermented.

Just because you eat something does not mean your body will even process it correctly. There are bioavailability things to consider.
edit on 15-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Stay away from anything that could have been sprayed with round up. I believe the active ingredient glyphosate is the primary cause of IBS and Crones disease.

You can make your own kombucha which i have personally found to help my gut.
You also might want to try some serious fasting to flush your system.

Here is a great resource

fix your gut

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

How is brain fogginess measured in a clinical setting?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join