It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin company decides to buy firearms for every employee this holiday season

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Source

HORTONVILLE, Wis. — A company that produces novelty glassware embedded with a bullet as if it had been shot has decided to give every employee a handgun as a Christmas present.

Giving employees their choice of revolver as a gift is part of an effort to promote personal safety and team building, Ben Wolfgram, who co-owns Hortonville-based BenShot, said Tuesday.

This is sure to spur some interesting debate.

In my view, putting guns in folks hands is the quickest way to education, which IMO, is the key to living in a country that has firearms embedded into its history and constitution.

Denying ignorance by action instead of virtue.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Every American adult should learn how to use, and carry a firearm. I'm glad to see corporations getting the ball rolling.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I'm an avid shooter myself.

I'm passionate about many other things too, like off-road and extreme vehicles.

Though I love these things, I don't think everyone else should do them just because I find joy in them, and know how to handle my equipment.

I don't think everyone should own a gun, and I'd only buy one as a gift if I've seen someone handle one.

I was taught since I was young to handle before I shoot. I never muzzle sweep anyone unless it's myself across the feet absolute worse case scenario. It's second nature to me. Not everyone has the wherewithal.

If they don't mind going out on that limb, it's their right to. I however would not want that liability on my conscience.
edit on 14-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Can't say I disagree with forcing ownership, well kind of forcing. Hamfisted in the attempt, but the sentiment is there.

Perhaps a paid day at the range would have been more economical and effective.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

wonder if they are hiring

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Can't say I disagree with forcing ownership, well kind of forcing. Hamfisted in the attempt, but the sentiment is there.

Wouldn't be a bad idea.

Again, I'm not from a position of being against this, just wouldn't be my move.

I'm very particular about guns though, the only time I hand someone a loaded gun is at the range. And that's only done with safety on and with a clear chamber. I also do that only with a close friend who I know is proficient with fire arms, like no muzzle sweeping, keep it pointed down a clear range.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh that is sooooo cool!! Must be nice to have a company do that.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My hubs would be pissed....

If an alternative offering wasn't a longbow, recurve, or a crossbow (guess what he's adept at hunting with? lol)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow, I would have liked to work for a company that gave a gun for a Christmas gift. Much better than getting a turkey. I used to give my workers about twenty pounds of fresh beef each year as a Christmas gift. I used to buy a whole steer those years.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Good for them!

Hopefully they buy American and keep the money semi local.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm sure he would have little trouble selling/trading a shiny new firearm for a decent archery product!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I like that idea. Range day, with a couple hundred rounds per person. many ranges have guns they "rent'. I know in oregon, they you could use one of their guns as along as you brought in one of your own...we bought in a friends rifle and got to should several differnt hand guns. It was a blast.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Doesn't sound like they were "forcing" anyone to accept, and I think it is a really nice gesture. From the way it reads, the two that were going to decline, took a gun safety class, and are now thinking about accepting.

So it got people interested enough to educate themselves.

Good all around, I think.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

i bet they will offer classes to offset any liability if they guns are taken by the workers.

like you i was show how to use a gun before i was in double digits, and took hunter safety and have unfountly seen first hand the damage a gun can do in the wrong hands so i can understand the concerns

i didn't think that another person can apparently apply for handgun permits for others,what if a worker wasn't able to get a handgun for whatever reason? would that cost them their job?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

This company is somewhat in the guns/weapon industry.
They produce items with embedded bullets like glassware

Giving employees their choice of revolver as a gift is part of an effort to promote personal safety and team building

www.usatoday.com...

Employee Chelsea Priest of Green Bay said she feels as if the gift will empower her and will help keep her safe. “I've never been a part of anything like this,” she said. At least two employees initially declined the gift but are considering accepting it after taking a gun-safety course that company executives required before giving the guns, Wolfgram said.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I'm sure he would have little trouble selling/trading a shiny new firearm for a decent archery product!

Up here? Probably not, but he'd be much happier with bow choice alternatives

Actually, I wonder why they didn't offer hunting weaponry in the first place? I mean, it's Wisconsin, they've got plenty to hunt over there, it would have made sense to offer hunting rifles more than revolvers.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

i didn't think that another person can apparently apply for handgun permits for others,what if a worker wasn't able to get a handgun for whatever reason? would that cost them their job?

You don't need a handgun permit in good amounts of the country.

Turning 21 and not being a criminal is your permit.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Actually, I wonder why they didn't offer hunting weaponry in the first place? I mean, it's Wisconsin, they've got plenty to hunt over there, it would have made sense to offer hunting rifles more than revolvers.

If he truly wanted them to have a self defense weapon, a double action revolver is the best, especially for those not well versed.

They don't jam, worse comes to worse you cycle to your next round.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

They make glass art with bullets. Kind of part of the biz.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
“REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!”

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join