It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's defense of CNN lawsuit over Acosta shows corrupt MSM sticks together

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Share to Twitter

Fox News joined a number of media outlets on Wednesday in announcing that they would back rival CNN’s lawsuit against the Trump administration.

Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement that the network intends to file an amicus brief with a U.S. District Court in the lawsuit.

CNN filed suit against the White House on Tuesday seeking the return of correspondent Jim Acosta’s press credentials, which were revoked last week after a testy exchange with President Trump during a press conference.

“FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized," Wallace said.

thehill.com...

I hear from fellow right wngers all of the time how Fox is different.

The truth is they are owned by basically the same six corporations that own almost all of the msm.

I often argue that when it comes to the establishment level, both the establishment republicans and democrats are basically the same parry that pretend to dislike each other over issues they really dont care about.

The msm is the same way. while fox may seem enemies with CNN the truth is they are both concerned about basically only one thing; maintaining their near total control over what information gets put out to the public.

Now that doesnt mean that we should refuse to listen to anyone who works at these places.

But as stories like this show, when the chips are down, they have each others back.

Lets look at my favorite part from the jpint statement these msm orgamizations put out

“It is imperative that independent journalists have access to the President and his activities, and that journalists are not barred for arbitrary reasons. Our news organizations support the fundamental constitutional right to question this President, or any President.”

Independent journalists? Well if this statement is true, surely all of the msm places that released it would be cheering for actual independent journalists not owned by those six corporations to have access to not only these press briefings, but to thrive in general.

Not only do they not advocate that, they are encouraging tech companies to censor or contain these true independent jopurnlists ability to reach an audience. why? Because they are competitors to the msm.

Cnn is alleging acossta's first amendment rights have been violated. How, by not being invited to these press breifings? If that is the case, then everyone of us here on ATS who arent invited are also having our rights violated.

Do you really think CNN or these other outlets like Fox defending them would cheer for someone like Alex Jones to be at these press briefings?

Of course not! They would say he acts like a clown, and therefore is not welcome. And yet they say that for the White House to correctly say that about Acosta, they are violating his rights

So what is the cut off? How much does a press reporter have to not give the mic back, ask questions over other people, insult the Preisdent, etc., before its ok to not allow him back?

The msm is a joke. They have almost zero credibility, and a almost all merely pundits instead of journlaists. Yet they continue to act like the country would collapse without them.

Its telling that they all stick together in an effort to keep outside voices away, and are more upset about acosta losing this pass than Obama going after whistle blowers and spying on press members he didnt like.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Its telling that they all stick together in an effort to keep outside voices away, and are more upset about acosta losing this pass than Obama going after whistle blowers and spying on press members he didnt like.

well posted

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The msm is the same way. while fox may seem enemies with CNN the truth is they are both concerned about basically only one thing; maintaining their near total control over what information gets put out to the public.

While Trump might pretend to be enemies with the media, the truth is they're in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship.

ETA:

I don't recall "Obama going after" "press members he didn't like." What I do recall is the DOJ surveilling AP journalists in leak investigations and pursuing James Rosen in court because he wouldn't reveal his sources. And there was plenty of outrage about it at the time. Obama hasn't been in office for two years now and the incidents you're referring to happened in 2013 and prior. How long is "where's the outrage" whataboutism re the Obama administration supposed to excuse Trump?

Also, while we're on the topic of the DOJ conducting surveillance of reporters, I'll remind you that it was only like six months ago that we found out that the Trump DOJ targeted NY Times reporter Ali Watkins for surveillance as part of a leak investigation of a Senate aide that she'd dated.
edit on 2018-11-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

While Trump might pretend to be enemies with the media, the truth is they're in a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship.

They do feed off of each other, but I truly believe they dislike each other.

I truly believe that despite trump being good for ratuings for the media, they overwheming amount of msm people will be ecstatic to get trump out of office.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
After Ailes retirement from Fox, they began going after those they didn't like, like O'Reilly. This is why it's laughable when the kids call Fox a right wing biased news agency.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
CNN was not banned from attending press conferences, only the reporter who was not acting proper was banned and he has done similar things before. What happened to reporters being civil, allowing everyone a chance to get a question in. The same stupid reporters always get to talk, they hog the mike all the time. They should have some sort of rotation so three or four reporters do not steal the limelight. Ban all the pushy ones and everyone will get a chance someday.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I don't have cable, so no loss here. I'm just curious if Tucker or Hannity will cover this story.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I saw this today and thought I would leave it here, because it fits the topic.

Never would have thought it´s as bad as this:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Please....look how the media reacted to this instance...

While it's not unusual for Obama to be interrupted by occasional hecklers at big public events, the fact that a reporter brought Obama's speech to a halt startled members of the White House press corps.

Obama, who generally ignores shouted questions from reporters at the end of press events, later addressed Munro's question after finishing his remarks uninterrupted.

Startled? Double Standard much?

or when he said 'You're in my house' and look at the reaction....

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In simple terms - the establishment dislikes Trump and will do everything in their power to limit his power.

Outside of that, they are just anchored in until the storm passes, until 'normalcy' returns and a scared, docile politician is back in the WH.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Umm, Acosta was doing his job - and well.

Trump however seems to think that he has the right to defame anyone.

You'll also notice that Trump entirely avoided answering a tough question in the press conference by his ad-hominem attack on Acosta.

It's not the only time that Trump has changed the subject and attacked the press instead of answering a question.

Think of it like this, the press are there to inform you. They can tell you porkies or the truth, but they exist to inform. If Trump censures that, then the press doesn't have a purpose and TwitFace makes them redundant.
edit on 14/11/2018 by chr0naut because: By "TwitFace", I was referrign to social media in general.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

You'll also notice that Trump entirely avoided answering a tough question in the press conference by his ad-hominem attack on Acosta.

It's not the only time that Trump has changed the subject and attacked the press instead of answering a question.

Acosta was not doing his job well.

he acts as a pundit instead of a journalist. He refused to give up the mic when directed to.

Trump avoids questions like every politician ever. That deosnt justify acting like a clown like acosta does.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In my opinion, in regards to Fox, it was more palatable then the rest, as it did give positive news reporting of our POTUS, which naturally lead to more views from supporters.

Fox will feel the burn though, not sure they care, but meh.

I feel like Fox is one giant experiment to try something diff from other networks. Whatever the case, it works, 'cause ratings.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I really just for the life of me do not understand this lawsuit.

How can anyone with even an average IQ take it seriously that Acosta's press pass being taken away is against his right to free speech?

We don't let people go inside businesses to protest them. Since it is private property the business has the right to kick them out - they have to protest on the sidewalk. How is this Acosta situation any different?

When a politician, a band, or a comedian gets a heckler kicked out, they are not violating that persons free speech.

This lawsuit should be laughed at, and it damn well should be dismissed by the court. Now we have 10 more or something news organizations joining it? Are they trying to discredit themselves?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Trump can kick anyone out of his house that he wants. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Fox is and has always been just as bad on the fake news front as anyone else. They just do it in a fashion that pulls in more viewers because listening to Rachel Maddow screech like a harpie all the time is unappealing to most people.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Please....look how the media reacted to this instance...

You mean when the Daily Caller's Neil Munro was heckling Obama as he was giving his speech? That's not what is shown in the video, btw. That video is fake news.

What's shown in the video was an LGBT & immigration activist (Jennicet Gutierrez) shouting to Obama to stop all deportations of illegal immigrants at a LGBT pride month event in 2015.

As for the excerpt you posted: What Neil Munro was doing was screaming, "Why do you favor foreigners over Americans?" while Obama was giving a speech about immigration policy in the Rose Garden. And guess what? Tucker Carlson defended the interruption and the Daily Caller issued a statement saying they were proud of Neil Munro. Munro said he thought the President was done speaking. Video of that is here:

Here's Tucker Carlson's statement in support of his reporter:

Tucker Carlson, Editor-in-Chief: “I don’t remember Diane Sawyer scolding her colleague Sam Donaldson for heckling President Reagan. And she shouldn’t have. A reporter’s job is to ask questions and get answers. Our job is to find out what the federal government is up to. Politicians often don’t want to tell us. A good reporter gets the story. We’re proud of Neil Munro.”

Neil Munro was not banned from the White House btw. Also, as you can see from the actual video of the actual event, Obama didn't have a meltdown either.
edit on 2018-11-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: chr0naut

Acosta was not doing his job well.

he acts as a pundit instead of a journalist. He refused to give up the mic when directed to.

Trump avoids questions like every politician ever. That deosnt justify acting like a clown like acosta does.

Acosta asked why the government were portraying the caravan in a negative light and classifying it as an invasion and also he wanted to know about the progress of the investigation into possible Russian electoral interference.

That's clown like, is it?

If Trump wanted he could have given an answer relevant to the questions.

I am in no doubt as to who was the "rude, terrible person" at that press conference, and as for the subsequent accusation that Acosta "put his hands" on the intern, when he held on to the microphone, the footage shows that is an outright lie and neither of Acosta's hands came into contact with the woman.

Trump and his press secretary are not above the law. They defamed someone on public record and they are being called out on it. The case against both of them is very very strong and the evidence has been broadcast around the world.

Fox, even though it generally supports Trump, isn't foolish enough to think he could win this.

edit on 14/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I saw this event live and watched it several times after. It seemed to me he wanted to debate with the prez. I think Acosta was wrong. He should apologize to everyone. As far as fox joining in, I think if they didn't, it could come back to bite them in the arsh.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Fox is and has always been just as bad on the fake news front as anyone else. They just do it in a fashion that pulls in more viewers because listening to Rachel Maddow screech like a harpie all the time is unappealing to most people.

Is that so?

Adweek - Scoreboard: Monday, Nov. 12

9PM

Hannity: 2.579
Cuomo: 1.242
Maddow: 2.311

Those are the most recent numbers. Maddow has beaten Hannity a few times and that's with the fact that the left-wing audience is getting split between two hosts on two networks. If CNN folded tomorrow, Hannity would be getting trounced and Maddow would have the most viewed show on cable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join