It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bilateral Integration And The British Violence Epidemic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Bilateral coordination refers to the ability to coordinate both sides of the body at the same time in a controlled and organized manner . . . Good bilateral integration/ coordination is an indicator that both sides of the brain are communicating effectively and sharing information.
www.childsplaytherapycenter.com...

If we choose to neglect our children's proper physical development we choose to have a lot of frustrated, aggressive youngsters around us. This month I screened 320 children 8 years+ in Central Croydon for simple bi-lateral integration (i.e. could they skip forwards and backwards with opposing limbs) - 90% failed.
www.tes.com...

Creeping (crawling) is another great reciprocal activity - have your child creep across the floor to collect items you put out . . .
www.ot-mom-learning-activities.com...

I'm trying not to find this depressing.

A new study has found that watching television for more than three hours each day is associated with poorer language skills in 11-year-old children.
. . .
It’s when children are sat in front of it for hours with no input – in effect an electronic babysitter – that I think it becomes problematic.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Television itself may not be the problem. It's the lack of basic parental input that is partly to blame for the violence epidemic. Frustrated, aggressive youngsters must find the inability to communicate effectively even more frustrating. What kind of parents are they going to be?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Remember the three stooges? I wonder how many trips to the emergency room that show caused for kids.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Ah HA!
Genius. Reduce violence..........install Midnight Basket Ball parks and skate-board parks!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Remember the three stooges? I wonder how many trips to the emergency room that show caused for kids.

Superman was the big bad movie in the 1970's. Children would get their superman pyjamas and try and fly off the bed, or at least jump down stairwells.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You know I lived in the UK all my live, was raised in Glasgow spent a bit of time down south. Other than a few scraps outside a few pubs I have never seen any violence. Sure there are problems with inner city gangs like most big cities in the world but I personally feel safe walking home from a pub at 1am on my own.

It’s anecdotal I know but I see this stuff about how violent the UK is and it’s like am reading about a different country

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I've just walked past a park in a sleepy Gloucestershire town where my brother-in-law had an interesting run-in with some very aggressive coc aine dealers. He hung one of them from a tree with a dog lead. We laugh about it now but he'd only been visiting us for a little over twenty four hours and he'd been charged with attempted murder. There was a lot of drunken loud talking coming from the park this morning so I stayed well away.

There's daytime violence on the streets now in this little town.

If those coc aine dealers had learned to skip when they were little children perhaps their lives would be more positive.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Why do I not believe a word of what you just wrote.....

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Because you aren't me, I am. You only know your life.

In the morning my brother-in-law was full of praise for the police. His captors treated him well.

belief /bɪˈliːf/Submit noun 1. an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.

This may be the root of your problem. You 'believe'. When you're grown up you'll realise there can only be various levels of conviction. Belief is for children and the ignorant.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:21 AM
link   
"Faith" and "belief" are synonyms. Among the definitions that one dictionary gives for faith is “firm and unquestioning belief in something for which there is no proof.” But, really, that definition more accurately describes credulity, a readiness to believe regardless of evidence. Credulity is really not faith. Scientists are said to have faith in the basic principles governing their particular fields of knowledge. Many examples could be given to show that men put their trust and faith in the dependability and regularity of the natural cycles and laws that govern the universe. By measuring the movement of heavenly bodies on the basis of such natural laws, astronomers were able to determine the existence and location of certain planets before these were ever seen. Similarly, because of the regularity of what is called the periodic scale governing all chemical elements, certain scientists were able to tell of the existence of specific elements, and to describe their properties, before ever these elements were found.

The definition you quoted for belief is similar to the one above for faith. Belief is not credulity either because it's a synonym for faith. Credulity is better described as blind faith/belief.

There is an agenda to teach the masses otherwise and publishers of dictionaries pick up on that (I guess it's hard to tell which ones are doing it on purpose, knowing better).
edit on 15-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join