It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush drops "town hall" style meeting in Germany who were unwilling to permit a scripted event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
You know, this goes to show how incompetent and continually embarrassing George W. Bush the president has been for America. During his recent trip to Europe, one of the main highlights of Bush's agenda was meant to participate in a "town hall" style meeting with average Germans. However, with the German government unwilling to permit a scripted event with questions approved in advance, the White House quietly declined putting the event on ice.

service.spiegel.de...

America has continually bent over to accept scripted "open town hall" style meetings with our President. What gives? Isn't it about time we shake off our well documented lemming style relationship with our President king Bush?

Oh yea!... like a communist fascist society, they control our media....

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You cannot call a radio station and get on air live without being screened. What in the world makes you think anyone will let you get on Live world wide TV and ask the president something like... "Dude... the reptialians are invading the planet what do you plan on doing about it?"

If it was wide open to any crackpot, the president would be dealing with questions about boxers and briefs. Structure is required. Try hard to understand.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
As soon as you can explain to me why the average German citizen deserves an open Q&A with the President of the USA when the average American citizen can't even get one, then I'll feel bad for the Germans having their event cancelled. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Bush couldnt handle it. Plain and simple.

Dont tell me some of you still dont know...

Ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
You cannot call a radio station and get on air live without being screened. What in the world makes you think anyone will let you get on Live world wide TV and ask the president something like... "Dude... the reptialians are invading the planet what do you plan on doing about it?"

If it was wide open to any crackpot, the president would be dealing with questions about boxers and briefs. Structure is required. Try hard to understand.

There's a difference between accepting, and yes declining, a list of German pre-approved sensible questions, compared to the white house dictating a "rosey" script when we clearly are foreigners participating in their open town hall meetings. It's embarrassing!..

That is comparable to Jaques Chirac visiting America with a propaganda filled "town hall" french script with all questions following an anti-Iraq war theme.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That is comparable to Jaques Chirac visiting America with a propaganda filled "town hall" french script with all questions following an anti-Iraq war theme.

Correct.

If you think that this "open meeting" wouldn't have been loaded with very specific questions, and if you think that this "open meeting" would have been free from any outside influences and would have just been a fair meeting, well then I'll have some of what you're having.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kinja
You cannot call a radio station and get on air live without being screened.

You can in Canada, depending on the show. I've done it several times myself on slow days at work. They just ask me if I want to talk to (Peter) Warren, the crankiest, cutest little old man broadcasting in Canada. He rocks, when he's not making me want to scream at him in frustration...

For anyone here who is familiar with Peter, 'Get on with it!'

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Couldn't get hot militarystudGannon out of hiding and into Germany so they canceled the damn thing.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You can get on a live, radio talk show in the states without being screened, try Alex Jones. He will take ANY caller. I suggest you know what you are talking about before preaching and spreading disinformation.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Put yourself in the President's shoes, would you be willing to answer all kind of questions, even stupid or asinine questions you won't even answer with dignity?

Knowing average Germans' feelings about President Bush, I think whoever in the Bush administration had a good sense to drop the town-style meeting with average Germans, save the embarrassment for all involved.

top topics

join