It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump right? Hack and Squirt Created Huge California Fire Hazard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Residents gather to protest cut and spray methods done by the Mendocino Redwood company and the MRC brings in a representative of supposed environmental organization to defuse, confuse and cover up the issues involved.

Companies pair up with "green" organizations to obtain certification as "sustainable practices". The Mendocino Redwood Company had a representative of the Rainforest Alliance on hand for a public meeting. These ostensibly "environmental" organizations are paid by these companies to obtain a Forest Stewardship Council sticker on their products. In turn, companies like MRC pay the Rainforest Alliance royalties for every product sold with the sticker. This gives them legal wiggle room to say they are not in a business relationship.

Green group hears criticism of MRC
www.mendocinobeacon.com...

In 2015 Rainforest Alliance pulled in a cool $9,977,677 in product certification fees along with another $8,334,894 in participation agreement revenue/royalty. Pretty good for "non-profit". Grants and contributions brought their income to $48 million.
Financials here:
www.rainforest-alliance.org...

These groups appear authentic and while some are many are not and are simply subterfuge to sway public opinion. I would check out very carefully before donating money to them. Often they are not what they claim to be.
edit on 14-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It was all of a sudden was it?

But, as I said, why blame California for fires on federal land?

From the charts I have seen there was a huge increase starting in early 2000s that has only gotten worst, and I went back to look at what in the 90s might have changed to support this. I'm not saying the correlation equals causation in this case but it does create an interesting point.

We are not talking just CA but everywhere is seeing an increase so what are the things that affect everywhere. People suggest climate change, but I think there is always many things to blame that when put all together makes up the issue.

CA comes to mind mainly because they are very liberal and the way our forest are managed today has a lot of liberal influence in all of it that might be biting us all in the butts now.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yes. He is right. Or, more appropriately, he is partially right.

The land in the US evolved to be burned. In California its so much so that much of the flora won't germinate without a fire.

en.wikipedia.org...

We haven't even scratched the surface of what they were doing. Far, far from savages...they were farmers of the highest order. Controlled burning was critical to their food and economy.

Then we moved in and screwed it all up.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

You made this entire convo up! Every last word. Doe's it make you feel cool to lie?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

Piss off - his name's David and he's married to my sisters childhood friend. We were at a Veteran's Day event at the U.S.S. Iowa. Does it make you feel cool to talk out your ass?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
The level of hyperliberal stupid in this state is astounding. Last weekend I ran into an acquaintance and asked how he was doing. He said, "Pretty good - now if we can only get Trump to stop yelling at us for mismanaging the forests!" I replied, "Well, he's not wrong." I guess I accidentally outed myself because the look on his face was something like this-

`

trump, you and everyone else seems to jump to conclusions.
There are so many things involved the best of the best say it is drought but there is the fact that stunning changes are happening in the weather in EVERY state.

Why don't people wait a while before they KNOW what is what and who did what wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Sac deserves everything thats coming they're way. They deregulated energy, then recalled Grey Davis because of the "energy crisis", then voted in Arnold, and are continuing to vote for terrible legislators. Made their bed...

Sadly it isn't those responsible who are suffering in this disaster but many are in fact those who spoke out publicly about these practices only to be ignored by government. Then there's a whole other group of disaster capitalists ready to swoop in and profit from this. Times like this make me question humanity. Prayers to those who lost family, homes and pets in these fires.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
some people think there's more to it than a simple fire.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L
some people think there's more to it than a simple fire.

I saw that too.
The coincidence seems rather too "coincidental".
Not sure what tech they are talking about and that note itself may be suspect.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It's very coincidental, and the significance of another observation with these fires but anyone noticed that the fires seem to get the towns but miss a lot of the trees surrounding them? Miley Cyrus' place has bushes and trees all around that have been left untouched to a larger portion anyhow.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I propose that we attach Florida to California. We have a holiday once a year, where for 24 hours, Florfornia residents can do whatever they want to themselves. No consequences.

This should all work itself out.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Sac deserves everything thats coming they're way. They deregulated energy, then recalled Grey Davis because of the "energy crisis", then voted in Arnold, and are continuing to vote for terrible legislators. Made their bed...

Sadly it isn't those responsible who are suffering in this disaster but many are in fact those who spoke out publicly about these practices only to be ignored by government. Then there's a whole other group of disaster capitalists ready to swoop in and profit from this. Times like this make me question humanity. Prayers to those who lost family, homes and pets in these fires.

Yeah I agree. I can't argue against this. I feel really badly for people in CA who still hold their common sense. Sadly, those in charge sold theirs for a few "extra" votes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join