It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump right? Hack and Squirt Created Huge California Fire Hazard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Mary Greeley describes the hack and squirt method (also called slash and spray) for killing unwanted forest trees. California lumber companies use this practice to kill unwanted trees at 1/4 the price of cutting and clearing which eliminates the fire hazard. 2 redwood lumber companies together own over 400,000 acres in Mendocino and Sonoma counties - the very places this and last years' forest fires started.

Lives taken, homes destroyed, entire communities lost over greed. Sorry conspiracy theorists, no directed energy weapons created the California disasters, just good old-fashioned greed and a willing government that no doubt has a financial stake in those same companies.

Want to see a forest ready to burn? Mendocino county by air 2015. All that gray is not rock but dead trees ready to burn.

Additional research is turning up some very incriminating information:

Forests Forever, alongside concerned citizen allies in Mendocino County, currently is playing a leading role in challenging landscape-scale hack-and-squirt forestry that has already poisoned whole watersheds full of oaks on the North Coast. Mendocino Redwood Co. (MRC) alone has killed and left standing some five million trees since 2012!
The reason MRC is poisoning trees is that oaks and other hardwoods—the target trees—can compete for water, sunlight, and nutrients with more-lucrative redwoods. It would cost extra to remove the dead trees so MRC leaves them where they stand.
But according to retired CalFIRE Air Attack Capt. Kirk Van Patten, hack-and-squirt "clearly has created a serious wildland fire threat for the firefighters and citizens of Mendocino County."

But that's not all, it appears the herbicide Imazapyr is banned in Europe because -

it is deemed "harmful to aquatic organisms... may cause long-term adverse effects in the aquatic environment."

Kills trees, aquatic life and people.

www.forestsforever.org...
edit on 14-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Sac deserves everything thats coming they're way. They deregulated energy, then recalled Grey Davis because of the "energy crisis", then voted in Arnold, and are continuing to vote for terrible legislators. Made their bed...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So these folks put this on themselves?

You mean they caused their own demise? Sort of like their high taxes, immigration problems, idiocratic government positions, failed leaders, blatant rights disregard, pollution problems, housing price gouging, human feces on sidewalks, protests of anyone who disagrees, liberal diplomacies, and more?

Need I go on?
How does this not surprise me at all?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, ever burn a dead Christmas tree? They go up like they're soaked in gasoline.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Mary Greeley describes the hack and squirt method (also called slash and spray) for killing unwanted forest trees. California lumber companies use this practice to kill unwanted trees at 1/4 the price of cutting and clearing which eliminates the fire hazard. 2 redwood lumber companies together own over 400,000 acres in Mendocino and Sonoma counties - the very places this and last years' forest fires started.

Lives taken, homes destroyed, entire communities lost over greed. Sorry conspiracy theorists, no directed energy weapons created the California disasters, just good old-fashioned greed and a willing government that no doubt has a financial stake in those same companies.

Is it time for pitchforks and torches yet?
Sacramento is well overdue for it.

Want to see a forest ready to burn? Mendocino county by air 2015. All that gray is not rock but dead trees ready to burn.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. I have heard of it before in other states directly from those doing it so I wouldn't out it past the lumber industry at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack
Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, ever burn a dead Christmas tree? They go up like they're soaked in gasoline.

Every year a couple weeks after Christmas. Myself and a bunch of neighbors all get together with our dry trees and have a huge fire. They go REALLY quick.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It is really sad for the people affected by the fires. Why couldn't they learn from the Australian aborigines and pre-burn in safer weeks. Controlled burning of dead wood in small areas instead of leaving it to build up to unstoppable levels.
Now why are we not hearing from all the global warmist people cos the California fires have just used up all your carbon credits for the next ten years.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
When you cut down trees, I hear them scream and cry

When this is your voting base ornin this case..your protest base. how does it not surprise you that companies do not flashily cut down and deal with trees.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
When you cut down trees, I hear them scream and cry

When this is your voting base ornin this case..your protest base. how does it not surprise you that companies do not flashily cut down and deal with trees.

This will be known as the beginning.....guessing they all went back to their stick built homes after.....LOL!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The level of hyperliberal stupid in this state is astounding. Last weekend I ran into an acquaintance and asked how he was doing. He said, "Pretty good - now if we can only get Trump to stop yelling at us for mismanaging the forests!" I replied, "Well, he's not wrong." I guess I accidentally outed myself because the look on his face was something like this-

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If they are going to hack n squirt (hehe), to save money, they might as well do nothing and save money.

The result will be the same - or perhaps better because they won't be purposefully creating fuel!

FFS California!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Follow the 'money' trail; who stands to benefit the most. Never let a good crisis go to waste. Land grab, something to hide, OR Cali ignorance on what was inevitable.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: tjack

Every year a couple weeks after Christmas. Myself and a bunch of neighbors all get together with our dry trees and have a huge fire. They go REALLY quick.

Know what else goes up really quick?

Eucalyptus Trees

And they don't belong in that sate, but they're everywhere.

Eucalyptus andfire

The leaves produce a volatile highly combustible oil, and the ground beneath the trees is covered with large amounts of litter which is high in phenolics, preventing its breakdown by fungi. Wildfires burn rapidly under them and through the tree crowns.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Some of the people running things in our states allow irrational practices to be used. We need people in charge who can think, not puppeteers who are more interested in pleasing donators and promoting economic growth to make them look better. They need rational people to oversee these practices. People cannot do everything they want to do if it jeopardizes the health and safety of others. California needs to become more conservative, the liberals giving people what they desire all the time is causing problems. Sounds like the show Lucifer, I wonder if that is going to be on again.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Fire fighters and residents have been complaining about slash and spray since at least 2015. Despite the fact that any land use in California requires multiple permits somehow there is no oversight or controls on it's use.

Fire officials decry timber management procedure as unsafe

Such operations appear to be largely unregulated because Cal Fire considers tan oak to be “a kind of weed,” Williams said.
“Unchecked by public oversight, it poses life safety risks to both residents and firefighters,” he wrote in a letter to supervisors.

www.pressdemocrat.com...

There are fires nearly everywhere in the state.
Leads me to wonder if arson isn't involved.
Map of the current California wild fires:
google.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
One more added bonus from the CA wild fires:
Radioactive elements released from weapons testing facility due to fire.

SoCal Fire May Have Ejected "Incredibly Dangerous" Radioactive Particles Into The Atmosphere
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Given their overarching concern for climate change I'd say they're not looking very green at the moment.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Seems like there is this thing called logging that generates capital, jobs etc for a state and allows the ability to have logging roads made for free while planning fire suppression zones and replanting zones. Logging roads are great for not only accessibility to fight fires but also recreation. Trees is a renewable resource even down to just plain old fire wood sells well.

Log the trees, invest profits back into the forestry service, create fire breaks, build logging roads, replant where it makes sense...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The largest blaze in state history, the 410,200-acre Ranch Fire, this past summer burned on large swaths of land managed by the U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management in Mendocino and nearby counties north of San Francisco.

In fact, six of California's 16 most destructive wildfires in the past 25 years — in terms of structures destroyed — occurred on federal lands, according to Cal Fire records.

In Shasta County, last summer's 229,650-acre Carr Fire started on National Park Service lands before spreading to private property and eventually into the city of Redding.

The Hirz and Delta fires also burned mostly Forest Service lands in Shasta County just after the Carr Fire died down. Between the two, they consumed 109,500 acres, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

www.redding.com...

But it's all California's fault.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

But it's all California's fault.

Its interesting Clinton signed “National Forest Protection and Restoration Act of 1997” (H.R. 2789) and all of a sudden in early 2000s forest fires started to grow in size, heat and numbers up to what we see today.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It was all of a sudden was it?

But, as I said, why blame California for fires on federal land?

From that law:

(10) A congressionally commissioned scientific study of the
Sierra Nevada forests found that more than any other human
activity, commercial logging has increased the risk and
severity of fires by removing the cooling shade of trees and
leaving flammable debris (see Sierra Nevada Ecosystem Project
Final Report to Congress, Vol. 1 Assessment Summaries and
Management Strategies, 1996).

edit on 11/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join