It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's excuse for not attending the WW1, no one told him it would make him look bad.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
POTUS could not fly there, bad weather (see Ron Brown...bad example, he knew the clintons. see JFK Jr...mmmm yeah, ok see Polish Pres: Lech Kaczynski)

secret service doesn't like long car rides (see JFK)

So Trump didn't go, but people complained, but if it wasn't cemetery, it would be some other slight, so the people that are acting like kids should have read the little red robinhood and stop crying wolf every day

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

On the next episode of “Trump said”, BlackJackal faints on a couch with his wrist to his forehead because Trump was absent from a ceremony without a valid excuse.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
a reply to: shooterbrody

So it was only a security issue to Trump - no other leader?

Even Fox and Friends quoted the weather.

I don't really care what other leaders do.
If there is any evidence this was not because of security, please present it. I will then be as outraged as anyone else. To make this about the helo crew or the secret service is pretty screwed up on the day we were honoring those who served.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: headorheart

Perhaps you should look closer.
Low visibility and security issues were what I read, perhaps you read something else?
Trump did attend a ceremony at a cemetery near paris in which 1500 US soldiers were buried.
Is any ceremony ok or just the one the media is crying about?

He had a choice of going by motorcade and didn't. Every other leader made it to the ceremony, so what is your excuse now?

I read something about a security issue.
Your mileage obviously varies.
Interesting you question the secret services decision, are you some kind of security expert?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's amazing clear where the ignorance is coming from. WaPo.

What label do you give to someone who regurgitates that nonsense repeatedly?

Yeah, Trump can do no wrong. He is perfect and incapable of wrongdoing of any kind. Plus, my overlord Trump told me that if it was negative against him, it was fake. So, that is what I believe, lalalalalalala.........

Wake up, just because it's negative doesn't mean it is false.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Low visibility and security issues were what I read, perhaps you read something else?

Security issues? This was long time planned trip. Are you saying that Trump's life was at risk in France, but Macron, Merkel and Trudeau were safe? Sounds like some skull duggery there!

I guess we lost the Vietnam War because our helicopters couldn't operate in the rain! HAHA

Marine One can operate in the rain and can even land on water, if necessisay! Marine One has more bells and whistles than the space station! Can't operate at low visibility, my ass!

Perhaps there is actually a difference in your "can't" and will not. I bet the helo pilot could make that thing do barrel rolls if he wanted to, but that doesn't mean he will while transporting the potus.
Do you have any evidence the trip was not shut down for security reasons?
By all means please present such.

link   

a reply to: headorheart

Perhaps you should look closer.
Trump did attend a ceremony at a cemetery near paris in which 1500 US soldiers were buried.
Is any ceremony ok or just the one the media is crying about?

He had a choice of going by motorcade and didn't. Every other leader made it to the ceremony, so what is your excuse now?

I read something about a security issue.
Your mileage obviously varies.
Interesting you question the secret services decision, are you some kind of security expert?

You did, you read something about a security issue. Well then, by all means share with the class or shut up.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
POTUS could not fly there, bad weather (see Ron Brown...bad example, he knew the clintons. see JFK Jr...mmmm yeah, ok see Polish Pres: Lech Kaczynski)

secret service doesn't like long car rides (see JFK)

So Trump didn't go, but people complained, but if it wasn't cemetery, it would be some other slight, so the people that are acting like kids should have read the little red robinhood and stop crying wolf every day

See JFK..... Seriously?

You know JFK was in an open convertible. The President now travels in an armored limo. Plus, they have two identical motorcades that take different routes so no one knows which one the President is in.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

Perhaps you should try to shout down someone else.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hehe.

Are you able to have a discussion or does your abilities end at copy/paste from belligerent rags. Pretty much sums it up?

You are demonstrating the epitome of ignorance.
edit on 14-11-2018 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Trump has turned in to a character more deserving of PITY not condemnation.

The election results have depressed him bigly!!!

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
By the way.....your join date is 2003, so you were around when Obama missed it so he could go on vacation with his family.
Could you post the link to the meltdown thread you wrote about that ?
I'm sure you had one...right ?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You are demonstrating the epitome of ignorance.

That one has the all encompassing opinion when it comes to teh bad orange man.
No opposition is allowed; it is heresy to even ask a question.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Do you have any evidence the trip was not shut down for security reasons?

Do you have evidence of a credible threat against the president?

“Yesterday, because of near-zero visibility, Marine One was unable to fly, as planned,” Sanders said in a statement. “A car ride of two and a half hours, each way, would have required closures to substantial portions of Paris roadways for the President’s’ motorcade, on short notice.”

Sanders said because Trump did not “want to cause that kind of unexpected disruption,” it was best to not go.
townhall.com...

It's so nice to see that Trump cares so much about Parisian traffic problems! LOL

The whole story about road closures is deflection, because Macron, Merkel, Trudeau as well as the US delegation, including John Kelly, rode by motorcade, already logistically closing roads.
edit on 14-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Trump told aides he thought he looked “terrible” and blamed his chief of staff’s office, and Fuentes in particular, for not counseling him that skipping the cemetery visit would be a public-relations nightmare.

Question…

Why in heaven’s name he always blaming someone else for his own fault..?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart

So it was only a security issue to Trump - no other leader?

Even Fox and Friends quoted the weather.

We don't know if it was a security issue. They dont have to give a reason at all.

But yeah, the US Secret Service isn't in charge of other leaders. They are in charge of protecting Trump. I'm sorry you didn't know that very basic piece of information. If other leaders want to go there is nothing the SS can do about that.

Also, Trump is the most hated man in the world. The gangs and cartels who buy, sell, rape, and take organs from teenage boys and girls on the daily don't get nearly as much hate as Trump, who did nothing to deserve it. So yeah its very plausible that a situation could be dangerous according to the SS whos job it is to protect Trump, and not dangerous according to whoevers job it is to protect EU leaders. I'm sorry that it appears you just don't have the brain power necessary to figure out that very obvious fact of life that a child could easily grasp.

But that is what hatred does, it clouds your thinking. Have some more why dont ya?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Qboneq
Trump told aides he thought he looked “terrible” and blamed his chief of staff’s office, and Fuentes in particular, for not counseling him that skipping the cemetery visit would be a public-relations nightmare.

Question…

Why in heaven’s name he always blaming someone else for his own fault..?

It's a psychological malady of being self obsessed.

trump is now a character deserving of pity. Living in his own mental hell.

www.abc.net.au...
edit on 14-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Do you have a monthly quota of anti trump threads to fill?
You're like the little boy that cried wolf.
One day you'll get a real one and nobody will listen.

Nah, no quota but to me it is incredibly sad to see this site full of people who wallow in ignorance. People who actively choose to believe the line of BS coming from Trump and the right wing media. People like you and others treat Trump like he is some sort of God figure who can do no wrong. You defend literally everything he does without even thinking for a minute, "Hey, maybe I have bought into a line of bull#".

So, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy, that's all.

The hypocrisy is that all of your threads are anti trump. You claim that I defend literally every thing he does and dont seem to care that you criticize literally everything he does.

I have openly said many times I dont always agree with trump so stop acting like an ass hat when people dont get upset over a big nothing burger turd like most of your topics.
It's hard to take you seriously when you post so much garbage.

link   
a reply to: Qboneq

Because he is a narcissist and cannot admit any fault let alone apologize.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Assumptions and insults. Productive.

My reply was to a post about low visibility. I did not realize fog and rain impaired people's visions differently. Light rain has never been an issue before, especially on Veteran's Day.

If there was a security threat please let us know. As much as I dislike Trump, I don't want him dead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join