It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's excuse for not attending the WW1, no one told him it would make him look bad.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Seriously, you can't make this crap up. The President of the United States, the leader of the free world did not know that not attending a military memorial due to rain would make him look bad? This is the guy that many people on this site and across the country claim is playing 3D chess because he is so intelligent.

Trump told aides he thought he looked “terrible” and blamed his chief of staff’s office, and Fuentes in particular, for not counseling him that skipping the cemetery visit would be a public-relations nightmare.

If this man is as intelligent as some people claim he is, and especially in the arena of publicity, how in the world did he not know this would look bad for him?

LINK

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Bbbbbbbbut it was the secret services fault, lol. Do you think the rwnj’s will ever tire of being cucked by trump?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Sg?

(post by Bluntone22 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

My opinion on him has not changed.

He is not stupid but he is an idiot

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Seriously, you can't make this crap up.

You can't perhaps

according to U.S. and European officials briefed on the conversation.

but "sources" can

nice "telephone" thread

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Bad orange man, BAD ORANGE MAN!

(post by notsure1 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Telephone thread or not - he didn't go. The rain was blamed. For someone who 'worships' the troops, it was disrespectful.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i think this extract from the story says it all!
“He’s just a bull carrying his own china shop with him when­ever he travels the world,” presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
He's kind of a tool, always has been, always will be.

Doing a pretty decent job though.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Perhaps you should look closer.
Low visibility and security issues were what I read, perhaps you read something else?
Trump did attend a ceremony at a cemetery near paris in which 1500 US soldiers were buried.
Is any ceremony ok or just the one the media is crying about?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So it was only a security issue to Trump - no other leader?

Even Fox and Friends quoted the weather.

link   

They're just looking to be outraged over anything related to Trump. The whole story is written off the backs of "anonymous sources". We know he still attended a military ceremony, he was recommended not to travel due to weather and was advised against shutting down Paris using the motorcade.

If he would've used the motorcade anyways and shut down major parts of Paris. We would be reading about how Trump has no courtesy and shut down Paris at short notice stranding millions of people living in and around the area.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Do you have a monthly quota of anti trump threads to fill?
You're like the little boy that cried wolf.
One day you'll get a real one and nobody will listen.

Nah, no quota but to me it is incredibly sad to see this site full of people who wallow in ignorance. People who actively choose to believe the line of BS coming from Trump and the right wing media. People like you and others treat Trump like he is some sort of God figure who can do no wrong. You defend literally everything he does without even thinking for a minute, "Hey, maybe I have bought into a line of bull#".

So, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy, that's all.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: headorheart

Perhaps you should look closer.
Low visibility and security issues were what I read, perhaps you read something else?
Trump did attend a ceremony at a cemetery near paris in which 1500 US soldiers were buried.
Is any ceremony ok or just the one the media is crying about?

He had a choice of going by motorcade and didn't. Every other leader made it to the ceremony, so what is your excuse now?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
i think this extract from the story says it all!
“He’s just a bull carrying his own china shop with him when­ever he travels the world,” presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said.

You know, you're right. That really does sum up the Trump presidency.

(post by DAVID64 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It's amazing clear where the ignorance is coming from. WaPo.

What label do you give to someone who regurgitates that nonsense repeatedly?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Security issues? This was long time planned trip. Are you saying that Trump's life was at risk in France, but Macron, Merkel and Trudeau were safe? Sounds like some skull duggery there!

I guess we lost the Vietnam War because our helicopters couldn't operate in the rain! HAHA

Marine One can operate in the rain and can even land on water, if necessary! Marine One has more bells and whistles than the space station! Can't operate at low visibility, my ass!

edit on 14-11-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join