It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on local store purchase please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So I went to a local lighting store a month ago. I purchased 3 very large Edison type bulbs and special wiring. The bill came to just over $300.

They told me that they had to order the bulbs from their vendor.

A month later, I have nothing to show for my purchase besides a call from the store last week stating the bulbs were on backorder.

I can currently order the same bulbs on Amazon and get them in two days.

Im very frustrated and wonder if I'll be over reacting if I drive there to demand my money back. It should not take a month to get some lightbulbs.

Do I even have the right to cancel the order??

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Get your money back, those type of lamps are in stock and available everywhere. Hell, even Depot has them.

And what size and output are they? Standard E26 or mogul base? They should be at most $60 each at retail and even that is high.

edit on 14-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Get a refund.
I have owned several businesses and I will lose money on a customer if that's what it takes to make the happy.
People talk and one bad customer review can snowball. If nothing else they can order from Amazon too.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And what size and output are they? Standard E26 or mogul base? They should be at most $60 each at retail and even that is high.

I just got 3 of those from batteries plus a week ago for 28 dollars a pop (ED37 mogul base). We have a business account (free) brought it down to 16 dollars a pop.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You waited a month ?
I would have given them a week at best. Get a refund.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I just got 3 of those from batteries plus a week ago for 28 dollars a pop (ED37 mogul base). We have a business account (free) brought it down to 16 dollars a pop.

They're one of our national accounts. I'm curious as to who the OP used in his area.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They're one of our national accounts. I'm curious as to who the OP used in his area.

Im not sure what place the store ordered them from. I know we looked through a few thick lighting books from their vendors before deciding.

I also don't know the specs of the bulbs. I only remember that we opted for the led ones to reduce heat output.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Im not sure what place the store ordered them from. I know we looked through a few thick lighting books from their vendors before deciding.

I also don't know the specs of the bulbs. I only remember that we opted for the led ones to reduce heat output.

Does it screw into a specialty ballast (usually large extruding fixture in a warehouse)?

Or a typical/standard fixture?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Did you go to an electrical distributor or a lighting showroom? What was the name of the business?

Please tell me it wasn't Maynard's Electrical Supply.

edit on 14-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Get a refund but be careful, don’t demand anything as you may risk getting into a situation where the owner wants to be a prick.
If your dealing with an owner run business they aren’t going to have higher ups to answer to if they piss you off.

Politely and being as amicable as possible explain you need the lights and you can get them in a day elsewhere, you really appreciate him trying to get them for you but you can’t wait anymore.

This will go down much better than demands

top topics

join