It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad News For Al Gore,Liberals. Climate Change Hasnt Effected Polar Bears,Population Uneffacted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Got a number of sources.

Nunavut’s polar bear population is unsafe, government document says

There are too many polar bears in parts of Nunavut and climate change hasn’t yet affected any of them, says a draft management plan from the territorial government that contradicts much of conventional scientific thinking.

Draft plan says Nunavut has too many polar bears and climate change isn’t affecting them

Its actually rather hilarious reading some of these fake news media and their argument on how that climate change hasn’t yet affected the polar bears? the gift keeps on giving.
But of course you wont be seeing this on CNN nor on MSNBC!

This news is actually bad very bad news for the Liberals and their whole notion of Climate Change because now they have to explain to their cult followers of Climate Change believers on how Climate Change hasn't yet effected the whole growing polar bear population in Nunavut, Canada.

Remember all those SOB/Sad images of the polar bear images we had being seeing on the news media? just just maybe those polar bears were simply following the Nature's law of migration.

edit on 13-11-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Answered by Dr. Steven C. Amstrup, chief scientist with Polar Bears International and USGS polar bear project leader for 30 years. Q: Why all the fuss about polar bears? Aren't their populations increasing: in fact, booming? A: One of the most frequent myths we hear about polar bears is that their numbers are increasing and have, in fact, more than doubled over the past thirty years. Tales about how many polar bears there used to be (with claims as low as 5,000 in the 1960s) are undocumented, but cited over and over again. Yet no one I know can come up with a legitimate source for these numbers.*

polarbearsinternational.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

These claims are cited over and over again. Yet no one I know can come up with a legitimate source for these numbers.*

Pot meet Keetle...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The link I included is very interesting worth a read.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
if the artic gets warmer wouldent that mean more food

also that would mean the polar bears where never at risk due to global warming

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: markovian

if the artic gets warmer wouldent that mean more food

Not necessarily.

The bears hunt seals by going out on the ice. Less ice, less hunting. No ice, no hunting.
Maybe they can eat people instead. That seems to be what the OP is saying.
edit on 11/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
yea i sopose that would make it harder

bears are extremaly smart and probly can adapt far better than humans give them credit

if i was a bear and saw a human i would probly eat them free food is free food not that i think thats true most animals seem to dislike human flesh

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Polar bears are known for eating people, actually.

edit on 11/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Umm...actually, there have been, as near as I can discover about 10 fatal polar bear attacks since the 1970's...

Black bears/Brown bears are much more likely to attack/maul humans--mostly because they're encountered much more often.

Loss of sea ice means the polar bear will have to adapt. In my experience, there are few animals quite as adaptable as bears...

As far as population goes, whether increasing or decreasing, it's really hard to research this, as the habitat they live in, the bears, isn't easily accessible. Two populations seems to be increasing, while two others seems to be doing the opposite... My WAG (wild ass guess) is that, currently, the population is stable. Polar bears will, given half a chance, adapt.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Bears are not extremely specialized as predators go. They're omnivorous, and will eat just about anything...some of the things I've seen 'em eat...burr.

Not being too specialized, like puma's for example--while they can hunt most anything, they're optimized for critters like deer. Bear are supreme generalists, much like their most serious threat--man.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Umm...actually, there have been, as near as I can discover about 10 fatal polar bear attacks since the 1970's...

Yes, but it's not for lack of trying. People are smarter than bears and have guns and stuff.

Loss of sea ice means the polar bear will have to adapt. In my experience, there are few animals quite as adaptable as bears...
Thanks, people. Our ice is gone but we'll adjust. Real soon.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Or, if you're so minded, you can roll over and die.

It's really very simple. What's that old saying, Nature, red of tooth and claw?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yeah.

Dominion, and whatnot.

Manifest destiny, and stuff.

"Take what you need and leave the rest,
But they never should have taken the very best."

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

I remember reading before that they were taking pictures on the outskirts of the population, so these were bears that were run out of their territory by younger alpha bears.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well it’s still better than the recent bunk study that postulated that global warming would effect fertility rates because sperm don’t like heat.🤦🏻‍♂️

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It's a total lie by the conservationists to get money out of you. Polar bears DO NOT need the ice. The adverts showing the poor bear breaking through thin ice. BS. Polar bears are excellent swimmers and have been know to swim 30-40 miles in open water, not just from ice flow to ice flow.
Now for eating. They go on the ice because their main prey is seals. Now you must ask the question "why are the seals there"?
The seals use the ice to rest and breed on and if the ice vanished tomorrow the seals would use the land. Then the bears would predate on them there. So the statement "the polar bears need the ice" is only half the reason.
It's the same as some bears going to the exact rapids every year for the salmon run. They learn and adapt.
edit on 14-11-2018 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Y'know what? Nevermind.
edit on 11/14/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Al Gore Liberals? LOL

What if I told you that Al Gore has nothing to do with Climate Change? Or Weather? Or Scientific Studies? Or Climate Data?

What if I also told you that you can be a scientist and also be a Republican?

And taken a step further. If I read an article about some research on the Climate by some actual scientists that appear to be honest and hard working and I think they're right or I believe them, does that make me an Al Gore Liberal?

edit on 14-11-2018 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The bears hunt seals by going out on the ice. Less ice, less hunting. No ice, no hunting.

So you're saying they won't go hunt seals when they're hungry because they want to hunt on ice?

Maybe we should make huge blocks of white plastic for them to go hunting on.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

so trump just came out and said climate change was part of the reasons for the ca fires...after years of denials

Over the next few years, he dubbed climate change a “hoax,” “a total hoax,” “an expensive hoax,” and “a total, and very expensive, hoax.” He also called it “very expensive … bull#.”

www.theatlantic.com...
edit on 17-11-2018 by research100 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join