It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you think PROOF of ET Civilization will manifest, if at all?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've been wondering about this of late, while still harboring a belief or inkling that it will happen in my lifetime, a belief that I've had since i was a child (now 52).

Will we find out, for CERTAIN, say in the next decade or so, and if so, how do you think it will come about (discover &/or disclosure)?

If looking within our own Milky War Galaxy, I think that instead of looking for a radio signal we ought to be looking for the remains or active technological artifacts of ET civilizations as well as potential host Earth-like worlds.

That's an energy or energy conversion issue (technology ie: machines), most likely involving a host star or nearby star to the Civilized world(s) - how is that detected?

Further, looking at Earth as an anagram, and at the Galaxy as a type of evolutionary spiral, I think it would make sense to search a sphere of the galaxy within out local region and arm of the spiral first, along with the identical and nearby location in other spiral arms while also calibrating for the scope of the galactic rays emanating from Cygnus X3, a strange star that periodically bombards the Earth with Cosmic rays, which although considered harmful in one sense, bring about an accelerated evolution via molecular recombination. Perhaps it could be expected that these parts of the Galaxy would harbor at least 1 or more Earth-like rocky water worlds?

The atmospheric composition of exoplanets will be discernable to the Square Kilometer Array or SKA, coming on stream in the early to mid 2020's (only a few short years from now), which, due to it's vast computational power and speed, ought to be able to conduct such a survey, while keeping an eye out for potential alien artifacts and anomalies that cannot be explained by any natural occurrence.

Thus, we ought to be finding out soon enough, particularly if the Kardashev Scale has any validity.

The Moon

The Moon and Earth-Moon-Sun Configuration shows clear signs of a kind of Intelligent Design which cannot be explained rationally & scientifically by the Big Whack (with Mars-sized object) or Double Big Whack (not once but twice) hypothesis of lunar formation or written off by an appeal to the strong anthropic principal.

If, instead, the moon formed like this

which WOULD or could explain the apparent design properties & ratios

Then in the center of the moon we might expect to find a very unusual core revealing an artifact of a Type III Civilization which was responsible for "seeding" our part of the galaxy not unlike God's own farmers, which would give new credence to the part of the Book of Job when God says "where were you when the sons of God were singing my praises as I laid the very cornerstone & foundation of the world?!" (or something to that effect)

Sons of God ie: children of God signing God's praises at the formation of the Earth? Things that make ya go hmmm...

And then of course there's

UFO's

Absolute unequivocal proof of that would also do it, certainly, if it's shown that such technology is of ET origin, whether copied by US Black Projects or not.

your thoughts?

Ankh

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think that it will be in the form of electromagnetic communications. From someone far removed in space and time.

The Moon and Earth-Moon-Sun Configuration shows clear signs of a kind of Intelligent Design
No it doesn't.
edit on 11/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I hope it's not the opening sequence to a type of "Star Wars", "a long time ago in Galaxy far far away"..

In all seriousness, why do you say "electromagnetic communications" Phage?

Do you think that Quantum entanglement comms might be possible?

Could that be detected somehow? It might be invisible to our sensor arrays?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It will start small then bamo!! The worlds crooked governments will have to come clean. They’ll say, ‘we we’re going to tell ya but thought it might upset you, it was for your own good’

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

In all seriousness, why do you say "electromagnetic communications" Phage?
Because I think evidence of extraterrestrial civilization will be detected via radio or light (maybe even x-ray or gamma, but probably radio or light).

Do you think that Quantum entanglement comms might be possible?
I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Do you think it equally possible that it won't come via intercepted comms but the discovery of a technological remnant of a type I, II, or III Civilization?

Personally, I think we'll discover it much closer to home in a way that will trip people right out to be forced to consider ie: evidence of a type II, or III Civilization in our own back yard and even in the formation of our species, the farming analogy being the best one.

Why? Because such a civilization will have exceeded any sort of colonization across the entire galaxy, and thus we might look for evidence of their activity in places like the Antarctica or on or in Luna.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Do you think it equally possible that it won't come via intercepted comms but the discovery of a technological remnant of a type I, II, or III Civilization?
No. I think it is far more likely that a signal will be discovered. That's why I said that in my first post. I'm not at all sure that there are civilizations which have reached level II or III. Level I, perhaps.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Nothing short of a 10 mile wide mothership hovering low over a major American city in broad daylight, directly witnessed by millions and continuously reported live by every major news agency will do. Otherwise it will be written off as CGI or secret military technology.
edit on 11/13/2018 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Plus if they're harnessed vacuum energy, then they wouldn't need solar energy and thus no Dyson Spheres..

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

"Vacuum energy" is problematic.

Are you sure you understand the concept?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Scientists said last week that a solar sail, designed by Non-Earth intelligence passed through our solar system recently.

We need to get our Space Force built and ready to go examine mysterious objects that pass relatively close to Earth, like this one did.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I think that it will be in the form of electromagnetic communications. From someone far removed in space and time.

The Moon and Earth-Moon-Sun Configuration shows clear signs of a kind of Intelligent Design
No it doesn't.

Yea it does.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

After humans are out and about in the Galaxy, using perhaps fusion power and some modest non-FTL technology, perhaps a thousand years from now, there may be ruins of a dead alien civilization or primitive life form found.

Or what Phage said could be true as well.. however it takes a lot of power to push a signal above background noise from across the galaxy or universe, and biological aliens, might have the common sense not to do that on purpose.

Having the time windows of active alien civilizations match up with ours, before we, or they go extinct, is one of the most common 'great filters' discussed by people far more intelligent than I am. It is fairly unlikely to happen.

It should happen eventually, if we are lucky enough to survive, and spread out in the galaxy sufficiently, that WE are the major species out there.

Kev

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Scientists said last week that a solar sail, designed by Non-Earth intelligence passed through our solar system recently.

No they didn't.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

He probably means zero point energy.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Or what Phage said could be true as well.. however it takes a lot of power to push a signal above background noise from across the galaxy or universe, and biological aliens, might have the common sense not to do that on purpose.

Laser light is special. It jumps out of the noise, and is more directional.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

He probably means zero point energy.

Same concept, pretty much.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   

a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Laser light is special. It jumps out of the noise, and is more directional.

Just wondering, does laser light spread out over distance or does it remain concentrated? Do you know?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

All light spreads.
Coherent light not nearly as much as incoherent (normal) light.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The Fermi Paradox would suggest that any sufficiently advanced Alien Civilization would or should already be here in one form or another.

This is why I think it makes sense to look for remnants or artifacts of a Type I, II or III civilization in our own backyard, and maybe even causation.

If the formation of the moon was by ID, then it could be supposed that an originating Civilization might have enjoyed such a configuration by ID or even by fluke, and then on achieving Type II, or III determined that it would be exceedingly helpful to participate in the "seeding" of other solar systems like our own, to give creation and evolution a leg up so to speak.

But instead of colonizing in the tradition sense, such asto-engineered "seeds" could be thrown in at just the right moment to facilitate the formation of Earth-like worlds. If so, this would make them more prevalent, even in our own Galaxy.

Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, even from the day that the foundation of the Lord's temple was laid, consider it.

Is the seed yet in the barn?

~ Haggai 2: KJV

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join