It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even when I'm dead and gone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Jonjonj

You wake up on a spaceship somewhere in a prior Universe, hang out a lil bit and remember who you really are - then go create a new char profile and play this "Universe" game again!!

Dude!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I guess just to be yourself. Dance like nobody is watching. You'll get resistance everywhere, but be jovial about it. Simply, be kind. Listen. Enjoy yourself and enjoy the company of others. Be curious. The point of life is like the purpose of a dance or a song: it's not the ending, it's the dance/song itself.

Most importantly, learn how to laugh at yourself.

What you say is so cliched, but so true.

I know but it's cliched because it resonates with so many. Sadly, in this age, it seems to be lost on a lot of us. There is so little personal connection and so much effort to live up to unrealistic lifestyles.

I make a meager living but still live better than the pharaohs of Egypt. I like to think about that anytime I feel down on my luck.

It's not even about that, it's about so many people, having so many voices, that the voices that matter get lost. We lost the ability to be shown to the ability to be influenced.

Interesting point. Although, I disagree. Our voices have more reach now than ever, and yes, that's diluted globally. But before, the opportunity wasn't hardly even there. The game has changed, but the rules are the same. People just put too much stock into it now. It's competition for the next king of the next hill. It'll level out. And the same pieces of garbage will most likely end up in charge...

Put stock in your communities, your neighbors, your friends and family. Take the bad in stride, and do the good with pride.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I guess just to be yourself. Dance like nobody is watching. You'll get resistance everywhere, but be jovial about it. Simply, be kind. Listen. Enjoy yourself and enjoy the company of others. Be curious. The point of life is like the purpose of a dance or a song: it's not the ending, it's the dance/song itself.

Most importantly, learn how to laugh at yourself.

What you say is so cliched, but so true.

I know but it's cliched because it resonates with so many. Sadly, in this age, it seems to be lost on a lot of us. There is so little personal connection and so much effort to live up to unrealistic lifestyles.

I make a meager living but still live better than the pharaohs of Egypt. I like to think about that anytime I feel down on my luck.

It's not even about that, it's about so many people, having so many voices, that the voices that matter get lost. We lost the ability to be shown to the ability to be influenced.

Interesting point. Although, I disagree. Our voices have more reach now than ever, and yes, that's diluted globally. But before, the opportunity wasn't hardly even there. The game has changed, but the rules are the same. People just put too much stock into it now. It's competition for the next king of the next hill. It'll level out. And the same pieces of garbage will most likely end up in charge...

Put stock in your communities, your neighbors, your friends and family. Take the bad in stride, and do the good with pride.

Do the good with pride, Yea, on every level

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Anyway
edit on 13-11-2018 by Jonjonj because: stuffins

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Anyway, what would you like to tell your son/daughter, given the chance?

To never grieve me. I already gave them everything they will ever need: the intellect, the curiosity, the tenacity, and the compassion to do and be anything in the world they want to be. They will always have that part of me.

The rest is just dust.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Lumenari

a reply to: Lumenari

I am glad your children were given such an opportunity, and have no doubt they will find the stone to guide them.

My youngest is a Bernie Sanders supporter.

She has an extremely high IQ and yet cannot match her own socks.

We all have our crosses to bear...

And what is wrong with that ?
I have made it 6+ decades with the same "cross"
And , I WAS a Bern supporter.

Because her minor was in economics.

So I personally feel I wasted some of my money on that education.

I get it....

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

You are only remembered briefly, even in your own family.
Unless you were a stand out worth bragging about by future fame hunting family.😎

Do you know your Grandparents' Grandparents ?

We are are but a drop in the ocean of time ...
edit on 14-11-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Do you know your Grandparents' Grandparents ?

No. But I know something about their accomplishments.

They were better than I.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My point exactly.

Unless exceptional ... most family is quickly forgotten, bar paper trails and memoirs.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Unless exceptional ... most family is quickly forgotten, bar paper trails and memoirs.

Seems most of my ancestors were more exceptional than I. From my point of view.
I guess though, it remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Some families obviously trace ancestors more than others.

History has a way of forgetting.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   

History forgets names. But names are unimportant.

The important things are remembered. At least, they are for most and should be for all.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

History forgets names. But names are unimportant.

My first name is that of my grandfather.
My middle name is that of a prominent abolitionist ancestor.
My surname, goes way back to England. A lord mayor in London.

The whaling side, well, that's my brother's name.

edit on 11/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

For me, it is about family anecdotes and traceable history.

Names are important to some .

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

After all, do we leave them with a war-torn civilisation, or perhaps a burning world...

The world is a more peaceful place than it was. It's more democratic too. There are the seeds of hope for the generations that follow, especially if they live in the developed democratic world. Not so sure of the future of those who don't, such as those in China, but there you go.

Granted there are some serious concerns, such as the continued and unrelenting destruction of the planet, over population and diminishing resources, but history is littered with challenges.

My cup's half full. I have a son doing a gap year before university, and I can see a world of opportunity out there for him, and crucially he can see it too. Same with all his peers - they are not a doom-laden generation, at least the ones from around where I live.

My advice to my kids would be the advice I was given when I was young. "Life is for living, live and let live, and do what you can to make a good fist at it".

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I told them to be true to their core values and the stories of all their relatives-not just the honest and brave but also stories with lessons learned by family past.

I told them that life is not easy but to be strong and compassionate to others especially to those that have not been fortunate to be US citizens. I am a proud nationalist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join