It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You know you're getting old when today's music is intolerable. Half of it is not even singing, its some kind
of grunt slow talking mumbo jumbo. I'd be dead before I could figure out the lyrics to it.

I have to listen to "oldies" to find anything worth listening to.

Want to feel old? Red Hot Chili Peppers was on the Oldies channel!

Here is one to bring back some memories:
Look how absolutely skinny everyone was back then (and I remember it too)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Depends on where you look. There's lots of good music being made today.

To be fair too pop music's always been #. Though...I can't stand that mumble rap #...especially if it's just a three minute long advertisement for rich white women's clothing.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Nighties and naughties music was the worst in my opinion

The years decade between 1995 and 2005 a real low point

Music is all about personal taste, I actually think it’s pretty awesome right now

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
😆... I’ve been chided on this site for listening to old music, but I don’t care.. I like what I like. Actually I like many different time frames of music and it depends what genre and who the artist is for modern music.

Some old classics I still love... 😆

This one is ancient 😆

The really really old stuff I love..

edit on 13-11-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hell Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What I can't stand is the pop music where every song sounds like a montage song from a Disney animated movie.

Oh! And the chanting....the f#king endless chanting..

You you you....me me me....love love love....yes yes yes .......no no no.......what what what......where where where....

Drives me nuts! Its sooooo lazy as it pertains to songwriting, and all these 'artists',(more like emulators) sound the same.

Don't get me started on hip hop, sorry rap....hip hop is dead..

edit on E30America/ChicagoTue, 13 Nov 2018 19:53:34 -060011pmTuesdayth07pm by EternalShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

There are boatloads of awesome music, still being made.
Just need to look for it, and not rely on crappy radio stations.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Music has always been a mixed bag.
For every good song or band we get a bunch of crappy ones.

But I gotta say that today we have more bad than good. At least in my listening range.
I don't do country so I'm not much use there.

There is so much droning like Kanye west.
Rap is terrible, good god the language and treatment of women.
We get Katy perry whoring around instead of the more subtle innuendo of the past.

I have to say I hated my high school years in the 80s. AC/DC was great but the heavy metal formula hair bands were aweful. Then acoustic.... Ugh, thanks tesla..
Thank goodness for grunge...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Plenty of good music coming out in today's world.
You just need to find it. Main stream music caters to a certain age demographic.
I enjoy folk the most. But I enjoy good rap and edm as well, its evolved over time and I keep up to date with the internet music outlets.
Although the true nature of rap is slowly fading. It's not even hip hop or R and B anymore.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I dont mind new stuff, sure mainstream music and especially rap genre is garbage. But if you listen to the radio that's your first problem.

Ninety percent of anything made in the last few years, that pays to get repeated over and over on the radio, is horrible.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I agree with you completely. There aren't any more good music being made these days.

The past 2 decades have been a big disappointment.

Remember when music used to cross every border, and when the greatest of all time still today, were their young self?

Not too many timeless artists or music being put out these days.
Today's music is being made in a factory of 4 or 5 types of music personalities ; rinse and repeat.
edit on 13-11-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I disagree, there is still good music, it's just not mainstream.

I'm younger, but love a lot of stuff from the 70s and 80s, most of what I listen to made past 1990 is electronic. Recently synthwave is getting big, lots of good stuff being released.

Go to pandora and just listen to anything you dont normally listen too, bound to find something good.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Here, try this...

Yes, they're all Japanese girls, and yes they're really playing those instruments. To get the full effect, you need something better than cheap speakers. If you like it, check out Dice, Moratorium, and maybe Real Existence next.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Dunno, some of my favorite albums have released in the past 5 years.

"Pop" music has arguably gotten worse and worse (though there are some serious musicians too), but distribution channels have grown leaps and bounds. May be some sort of correlation there, but avenues like YouTube are impressive for music in general.

They provide a platform for pretty much anyone and everyone to share the music they make. Its just a matter of using different courses of discovery than in the past.

It also means the general pool is diluted, so it takes sifting. Could say finding new music is a lot more active, where it used to be passive.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There are alot of good music out there today, if you know where to look. For the last 17 years , I have been listening to this public radio station.

Go forth and explore, stop being spoon fed your music.

wfpk.org...

edit on 13-11-2018 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
They play Green Day on the classic channel by me. It’s depressing.

I’m in the same boat. New rock kinda sucks, pop always has, and country... not gonna touch that. I have actually found I enjoy a lot of the new alternative that Ian coming out. But as with any other genres there is also a lot that is awful.

edit on 13-11-2018 by Somethingsamiss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
You could always start listening to Death Grips.

Aye, aye, know what I'm sayin?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I got six kids and I am not going to make the mistake of being critical about today's music.

At the moment BTS (bantang boys) is all day every day in my house. A korean boyband that is anything but quality music but it really matters to my girls that they have their own thing to identify with.

I guess music is really personal and to be honest, looking back on it, maybe I was a little bias myself with my enthousiasm for Guns 'n Roses back in the nineties (Queensryche will always rock though)..

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

My son loves rap. Listening to it makes me angry usually. Most of it is repetitive vulgar ranting. Every once in awhile he’ll play one that actually has a story behind it and the vocals are beautiful (very rare).

I’m a grunge girl and it must be rubbing off because my son actually played me a rap/grunge song.

Just like anything, you can tell when someone pours their heart into it; sadly, most of the music of today has lost that.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
You know you're getting old when today's music is intolerable. Half of it is not even singing, its some kind
of grunt slow talking mumbo jumbo. I'd be dead before I could figure out the lyrics to it.

I have to listen to "oldies" to find anything worth listening to.

Want to feel old? Red Hot Chili Peppers was on the Oldies channel!

Here is one to bring back some memories:
Look how absolutely skinny everyone was back then (and I remember it too)

www.youtube.com...

Hello, I am a music snob, but the good kind. PM me your tastes and I can probably hand over 20 bands that have existed in the last 10 years that will blow your mind.

The problem is that the powers that be have decided that Rap with black males being violent and rapey or pop/dance with lyrics about being a whore are all that matter. The reality is there are millions of bands out there making wonderful music. Also because of easier editing and the internet they can expose themselves to anyone no matter their genre.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join