It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Lamar, calls residents ‘racist’, GOP voters ‘uneducated’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Full title is London Lamar, incoming Tennessee state house rep calls residents ‘racist’, GOP voters ‘uneducated’

This should be a fun one tonight. Granted, it’s a Fox article so it’s likely fake news.

So this young lady deserves Asshat of the Night honors. She used her right to free speech to fire at her white constituents after obtaining a house seat, uncontested.

“Let’s just call a spade a spade. Tennessee is racist. Period,” Lamar says in the video, which has been uploaded on several news websites after being taken off Facebook.

“Most of the Tennesseans who voted Republican are uneducated. So, they don’t even know that they showed up to the polls to vote against their own interest,” Lamar says at another point in the video. “They literally voted on color lines.”

On Monday, Lamar, in a Facebook post addressing the footage, described it as a “statistical analysis of the midterm elections based on my numerous years of political experience.”

She doesn’t back up her claim with any stats, only references election stats, her election experience and Trump’s rhetoric so no one should ask questions or for evidence.

“After a review of the numbers after the midterm election, I felt the need to record a Facebook live video to discuss the numbers from both Tennessee and nationwide,” Lamar wrote in the apology post. “My comments did not intend to make a generalization about every white person who voted Republican. The truth about a large number of those who responded with their vote for Republican candidates this election cycle is, they voted in response to the racially charged rhetoric that has come from our President.”

She did admit to one mistake - overgeneralization, so we can forgive her for her racist beliefs.

“In my video I made one mistake and that was an overgeneralization of white people and for that I sincerely apologize,” she said.

What do you say? — is she a gem? Or Asshat of the Night? You Decide! dun dun DUNNNNNNN

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Everyone who voted for her is a racist.

..I mean, fair is fair, yes?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Racist fascists are racist fascists.

*shrugs*

Typical leftist.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

“Let’s just call a spade a spade...Tennessee is racist. Period,” Lamar says in the video...

"...call a spade a spade?" What kind of racist talk is that? She certainly monkeyed that up. Cotton-picking virtue-signaling racists.

edit on 13-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Liars. There are no racists in Tennessee... If there are, they voted democratic.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

That women is a douche canoe...

I know nothing about her so I'm going to take a stab..
She has a degree in something stupid.

Wild blind guess

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That women is a douche canoe...

I know nothing about her so I'm going to take a stab..
She has a degree in something stupid.

Wild blind guess

WINNER!!!!!

www.londonlamar.com...

She holds a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Political Science with double minors in Sociology and Intercultural Studies from Saint Mary’s College

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

The truth about a large number of those who responded with their vote for Republican candidates this election cycle is, they voted in response to the racially charged rhetoric that has come from our President.”

So he is saying that the Preisident who is residing over the lowest unemployment rate of well all races here is America is making racially charged rhetoric? I wonder how many racially charged statements he believes that this President has made? She sounds like one of those people that Don Lemons was talking about on CNN.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Where's my damn cigar?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Another victim of the Progressive education system.

She graduated with blue ribbon honors I bet.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Well, she ran in memphis, probably the most racist city in TN. Ironically, it is full of black democrats, not white republicans. She is just saying the things that her base wants to hear. She will prob climb the democratic ladder pretty quick.
edit on 13-11-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

To be completely fair though..... she is probably right. The clan is still around, and they are not shy about handing out business cards and flyers.

And meth.

edit on 13-11-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
An open request to Tennessee:

Please keep your racist Democrats north of the border.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Memphis is basically the Chicago of Tennessee, I try to avoid it. Glad it is at the opposite end of the state.
edit on 11.13.2018 by SituationNAFU because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
An open request to Tennessee:

Please keep your racist Democrats north of the border.

TheRedneck
Like you don’t have racist democrats in georgia and alabama? Lol. I go to Atlanta pretty regularly.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
So it looks like 9 or 10 leaning towards Asshat.

Maybe 1 or 2 on the fence still, but give 'em time. Reason will surely sink in!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Oh, it's an asshat from me, forgot to include that in the previous reply.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   

• We keep our idiots under control.

• Atlanta is surrounded by Georgia, not part of Georgia.
TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
She is just saying the things that her base wants to hear.

WOW! Does that sound familiar.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SituationNAFU

Memphis is basically the Chicago of Tennessee, I try to avoid it. Glad it is at the opposite end of the state.
I’m near Nashville myself. I find the folks here pretty agreeable. Chattanooga and memphis are drive-thru only.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join