It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN sues President Trump and top White House aides for barring Jim Acosta

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Given that little snippet of behavior, I'm not really surprised he's divorced...at all.

Attacking the man and not the questions / act. Really you guys are going into his divorce?

Pathetic.. Just the other day you trump drones we're crying that tucker From fox was being protested by his house.

Now you're cheering the targeting of a CNN reporter. Fantastic.

Well enjoy the idiocracy with a president so scared of questions they had to release a doctored video pretending Acosta karate chopped a woman's arm.

3rd world democracy nonsense and you trump robots support it.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Acosta asked his question. Trump answered it. Acosta then demanded to keep asking more questions on other topics. None of the questions he asked were hard hitting or even mattered. They were actually less questions and more Acosta trying to put forward his biased viewpoint.

No one is asking Republicans to go to Acosta's house and threaten him and his family. We leave that to the 'tolerant' left.

'Doctored', hahaha. They are virtually identical. Keep drinking your kool-aid.

edit on 14-11-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

"Trump drones"...meaning you aren't arguing with anyone in partuclar, but more an ideology that your news sources have prepared your arguments for. Seagull isn't a Trump supporter, and was until recently a Democrat.

Then you go on to dismiss people beating on Tucker Carlsons door, while pretending that this has anything to do with the behavior Acosta shows while in the White House. So. Much. Non-sequitur.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm not overtly Political but would it be ok for me to say #MAGA here? Or will I offend somebody?

I'll stick to what I know but this is an unusual Year, for unusual happenings. And I think I can say I'm on the right side of History.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Or maybe, just maybe...act like a grown man, and apologize for being a disruptive ass? Just a thought.

God, act like a child, get treated like one, then consequences... I'd apologize, personally...but then I'm something resembling an adult--I like to think so, anyway.

It's funny that you are upset with Acosta for acting like a child but I haven't heard you have any problems with the Man child Trump's behavior?

What about a grown man tearing up official documents and throwing them on the ground?

Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

Staffers had the fragments of paper collected from the Oval Office as well as the private residence and send it over to records management across the street from the White House for Lartey and his colleagues to reassemble.

LINK

Or the fact that he is unable to focus on anything longer than one page without pictures?

The president demands brevity, refusing to engage with briefers like his former national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, who’d come in with a PowerPoint deck dozens of pages long, filled with text.

“He used complete sentences!” said one person who saw the briefings, and knows better about how Trump likes his information.
Trump got so exasperated with McMaster that he’d look at other papers on his desk while the national security adviser was talking — his view of an alpha male move to show that the general was failing to interest him.
The more effective approach with Trump is to use simple, short bullets, or a graphic or timeline — anything demonstrative.
The bullets are so pithy that one source said they're "basically slogans."

LINK

I can go on and on about how childish Trump is, yet you think a reporter trying to fit in one more question is childish..... I don't see your logic. It is how reporters have done things for as long as I have been on this earth. Plus, it happened multiple times in the same damn press conference and no one else lost their credentials.

Trumps is upset because Acosta called him out on his BS, plain and simple. Trump doesn't like it when people see through his charade.

I'm going to give you just a few more quotes concerning Trump's toddler like behavior.

Every time President Trump weighs in on a bill and doesn't cause complete chaos in the Republican conference should be considered a win by leadership

Even senior American officials said they had no clarity on Mr. Trump’s intentions for this meeting. They have told senior European officials that a lot will depend on Mr. Trump’s mood as he arrives and what is being highlighted on his favorite American news media outlets such as Fox News. And no one expects him to sit quietly through nearly two days of normally mind-numbing speeches by at least 28 other leaders.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Acosta's father arrived in the U.S. at age 11 as a refugee from Cuba three weeks prior to the Cuban Missile Crisis and was raised in Virginia.[1] His mother is of Irish and Czech ancestry.[2] Acosta graduated from Annandale High School, a public senior high in Annandale, Virginia, in 1989. In 1993, he earned a bachelor's degree in mass communication, with a minor in political science, from James Madison University.[3][4] While in school, Acosta volunteered for WXJM, the student-run radio station.[5] He also worked as a reporter at WSVA, a local radio station.

So he comes in from a known & current enemy of America/freedom (Cuba) AKA has connections to radical communist anti-Americans and he also just so happened to get involved in mass media?

Sounds like this family is a bunch of commie Cuban spies, trying to push propaganda through our MSM. That explains his nonsensical politics and mentally unbalanced out bursts.

Acosta's father arrived in the U.S. at age 11 as a refugee from Cuba three weeks prior to the Cuban Missile Crisis

And so did Ted Cruz's father (not at the same time, mind you). However, they can't be traitors because Ted Cruz is a LOYAL American patriot. Acosta is a known propagandizing liar.

Hopefully he revokes the passes of the rest of those CNN flunkies. They aren't news or press, they are entertainment only.

Sounds like the loyalty hearings need to come back. Where is Joe McCarthy when you actually need him.

"Are you loyal to the Constitution without question? Do you sympathize or know any communists? Have you ever associated with those individuals? Are you a traitor to this country? Do you wish to see the red sickle flag hanging over Washington?"

^We could identity our nation's many subversive enemies much easier that way.
edit on 11/14/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

Trump is President, he can act as he pleases and the WH is still his until his term expires or is impeached.

Acosta is a mere guest in someone else's home/business. He wants to act like a petulant man bitch, that is on him to deal with it.

When he was put back in his place and told to sit down and shut his mouth, he should've done so immediately. Being there with a security credential in a restricted area is a privilege - not a right.

No one is preventing Acosta or CNN from publishing ie: Not abridging freedom of the press.

You'll get over it, I promise. Like you have with everything else

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

What about a grown man tearing up official documents and throwing them on the ground?

They're his documents to destroy. Every product of the Executive agency is under the President, including his employees and his documents.

Or the fact that he is unable to focus on anything longer than one page without pictures?

You pulled that out of your ass as usual. I wouldn't put too much stock in anonymous reports and CNN lies.

I can go on and on about how childish Trump is, yet you think a reporter trying to fit in one more question is childish

Except that wasn't what he was doing. He was trying to make a statement by phrasing the question a certain way.

Trump isn't concerned about Miller or Maul (whatever that old traitor's name is) and he's said so a million times. Acosta's punk self got put back in its place where it belonged. Get over it.

Your choice is to get over it, or keep crying.

Christ's sake. The number of presumably grown men bawling about spilled Acosta on the Internet. What a shame to our Gender. He should've been taken out of there by the ba### by USSS for making physical contact with a WH staffer and for refusing to return borrowed WH property immediately without any question or delay on command. Especially on command of the President.

Acosta didn't own that microphone. It isn't his briefing or his briefing room. Trump isn't required to give him time to ask questions, to answer his questions or to permit him access. It is a privilege.

Re read what I wrote 7 times

Downing this post more than I've ever downed a post on ATS. My how the standards are noticeably lacking here and your post really highlights all those reasons. Total garbage, speculation and irrelevant apologist arguments. Typical radical anti-American commie behavior.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

They're his documents to destroy. Every product of the Executive agency is under the President, including his employees and his documents.

Uh, no, no they are not. They belong to the American people. This is not a dictatorship as much as you would like it to be. Destroying those documents is actually against the law. You know that thing you claim to want to uphold all the time.

Under the Presidential Records Act, the White House must preserve all memos, letters, emails and papers that the president touches, sending them to the National Archives for safekeeping as historical records.

You pulled that out of your ass as usual. I wouldn't put too much stock in anonymous reports and CNN lies.

Yep, because like Trump says:

The Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?

Sorry, just because the news about Trump is negative, that doesn't make it fake. I think it may be you listening to your wannabe dictator a little too closely bud.

Except that wasn't what he was doing. He was trying to make a statement by phrasing the question a certain way.

Trump isn't concerned about Miller or Maul (whatever that old traitor's name is) and he's said so a million times. Acosta's punk self got put back in its place where it belonged. Get over it.

Your choice is to get over it, or keep crying. By all means.... collecting tears.

It doesn't matter, reporters have made and continue to make statements while talking to Presidents and other public officials when they want to get a certain response. It is called 'reporting' and its not new. Do you need me to give you examples of other reporters doing the same thing as Acosta? Because you know I can.

The thing is, what Trump did was indefensible and yet you are continuing the fight. This President has caused so many conservatives to compromise their values it is scary.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Acosta has no RIGHT to the White House. It is a privilege that was revoked. Regardless if others have done it or not, they didn't assault a WH staffer, either. Regardless, banning Acosta DOES NOT abridge his right to publish freely. Free press is a Constitutional right, but that doesn't mean the government has to facilitate it.

You sure you want to go down this road? Because carrying military firearms in public (aka to "bear arms") is also a Constitutional Right. Do you think the government should have to facilitate this right as well? If so, I have a list of military hardware/tanks/jets/missiles I want them to start supplying, if it is a right........

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It doesn't matter, reporters have made and continue to make statements while talking to Presidents and other public officials when they want to get a certain response. It is called 'reporting' and its not new. Do you need me to give you examples of other reporters doing the same thing as Acosta? Because you know I can.

That doesn't matter! It doesn't have to be "fair" to be legal.

Being in the WH is a privilege, period. That is why USSS is permitted to fence it off and deny entry to the public without pre-arranged tours/authorization. Acosta had a security access badge, a privilege granted to certain professionals as designed by the POTUS or his/her agent. That PRIVILEGE was revoked. It doesn't matter if others have done what he did. But they didn't. He assaulted (put in fear) a WH staffer, THAT is why his privilege was revoked.

Much like Brennan's PRIVILEGE of having a security clearance, a PRIVILEGE can be revoked for any reason.

You see why we won't permit you all to make our gun rights a PRIVILEGE vs a RIGHT, now don't you?

RIGHTS can be exercised without question or "need" - those are given to you by God, and are enumerated in the BOR as unalienable rights.

PRIVILEGES are given to you by a person or organization

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Cause a disturbance in a bar or restaurant and you will get tossed. How is this any different?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Or maybe, just maybe...act like a grown man, and apologize for being a disruptive ass? Just a thought.

God, act like a child, get treated like one, then consequences... I'd apologize, personally...but then I'm something resembling an adult--I like to think so, anyway.

If child-like behavior was cause for getting kicked out of the WH then Pence would be POTUS.

Acosta certainly acted like a child. So did Trump, as he often does.

Courts do not rule on etiquette or personality issues and certainly don't ever demand that a reporter show deference or respect to a politician.

At the end of the day, Acosta had a right to be there as long as there was an official gathering of hard-Pass secret service approved reporters.

It is the act of "exclusion" that the courts see as a danger to freedom of the press.

The Whitehouse is a NATIONAL PARK. Not Trump's property. The WH grounds are temporary working quarters. An employer offered perk to POTUS by "the people" who own it. Just a place the "people" let the President sleep and work at.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

It isn't indefensible any more than it was indefensible when Obama removed reporters from various white house events and at various times.

Quit getting outraged. If you want to be outraged, we still haven't seen anything done about the slush fund used to pay off sex claims by legislators.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: [post=23957610]

Much like Brennan's PRIVILEGE of having a security clearance, a PRIVILEGE can be revoked for any reason.

Brennan was not a reporter, nor was his security clearance issued for purposes of reporting.

Freedom of the Press.

It's a real thing.

“White House press facilities having been made publicly available as a source of information for newsmen, the protection afforded news gathering under the First Amendment guarantee of freedom of the press, requires that this access not be denied arbitrarily or for less than compelling reasons,” Judge Carl E. McGowan wrote for a unanimous three-judge panel.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: notsure1

First they came for Acostas, and all I did was laugh my ass off and call him a baby.

In what way did they "come for him" lol? Hes being held at a black site? Thanks for the laughs, you're literally the biggest joke on this website.

"Oh my God... they came for Acostas! They CAME FOR HIIIIIIIM!!" *falls to knees shaking both fists at the sky, lower lip quivering uncontrollably* "Acostaaaaas!!!!" *tears streaming down face* "All he wanted to do...*sob* was *sob*...tell the news,*voice cracking, goes super high pitch to a full blown squeal* and Help People! Was That so bad?!"

You know hes perfectly fine and fully able to practice what he calls "journalism" right? He just cant do it in the white house press briefing room. That's a PRIVILEGE.

Oh my God... they "Came For" Acosta's privilege! They came amd took it away...who knows what condition its in right now? Who knows if They have been treating it humanely? Are we really just gonna sit here and let this happen?

A white man's privilege is in jeopardy folks! We've gotta act, and quick! (sorry couldnt help it)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

It isn't indefensible any more than it was indefensible when Obama removed reporters from various white house events and at various times.

I remember when you did not promote fake news so much.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I remember when you did not promote fake news so much.

www.snopes.com...

Wow reading that it is so obvious that Snopes doesnt even try and hide its bias anymore.

link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: notsure1

Goes both ways. Trump pulled a hissy fit and told the big bad mean man to leave. Because words hurt him.

Nice try. But no. You obviously did not see what happened.

link   

originally posted by: [post=23957854]3n19m470

You know hes perfectly fine and fully able to practice what he calls "journalism" right? He just cant do it in the white house press briefing room. That's a PRIVILEGE.

The court's have been clear that the President has no right to selectively exclude reporters from public Press Conferences unless the Secret Service deems them a threat or they interfere with the duties of the President.

It's not a Privilege for Acosta to be there, it is very much a right.

The WH grounds are a National Park, owned by the people. Trump is just squatting there as a temporary worker of the people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join