It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN sues President Trump and top White House aides for barring Jim Acosta

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's gonna be great when they show a compilation in court of Acosta being a rude showboating ass and not following the rules lol.

edit on 13-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

I believe in freedom of the press.

So do most folk
What they do not believe in is megalomaniacal egotists
In any public field

This isn't even truly freedom of the press. Acosta can still report whatever he wants. He just isn't being given access to the White House press pool to ask direct questions of the president.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Here's the fun part: Judge Kelly is hearing the request for an injunction tomorrow at 3:30. Several people are expecting him to grant it. The trick is, in order to get an injunction, the plaintiff must show evidence that not granting the injunction would cause irreparable harm.

The only way to show that would be to show that CNN would be unable to report the news if Jim Acosta came down with an illness! All that Trump's lawyers have to do is show CNN does not have a multi-million-dollar life insurance policy on him.

This is gonna be sooooo good.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Gothmog

I believe in freedom of the press.

So do most folk
What they do not believe in is megalomaniacal egotists
In any public field

This isn't even truly freedom of the press. Acosta can still report whatever he wants. He just isn't being given access to the White House press pool to ask direct questions of the president.

Do you not know what this is about ?
Does not seem like it
Here in the US , most folk still believe in behaving oneself at meetings
I dont really care what it is like where you are at....

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: notsure1

To be fair, this whole hysterical boycott of CNN by Trump, is starting to come across a little bit like the 1933 Nazi era...

So what was it coming off as when Obama attempted to ban all of Fox News from the press pool, Or when he left behind and prohibited the entirety of the press pool from attending a donor event?

or when he put reporters under surveillance as well......

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Privilege Vs a Right . CNN LOSES.............

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No. I get that. Acosta is an ass and revoking his pass is long overdue. Where he finally lost their patience is when he allowed his douchery to spill over on to that intern. Up to that point, they'd been remarkably tolerant of his bad behavior.

But all the people screaming about how this endangers freedom of the press don't understand that Acosta is in no way impeded from reporting as he likes. The only aspect of his work that changed is his level of access. It's the same as having a source suddenly cut a reporter out because the reporter burned them on something. It's not like the reporter has any right to that source any longer.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Actually CNN reporting is starting to look a lot like 1930's Germany.

This constant bashing and no reporting has got to be getting old. And Fox for constant defending him is just as old.

Who the f*** does the news anymore? Serious question.

That's just my opinion. It's value is what ever you want it to be. Just don't whine about it. It's just an opinion.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This lawsuit is completely BS. If they seriously think that they will win the lawsuit they should rethink twice.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Swills

First they came for Acostas, and all I did was laugh my ass off and call him a baby.

Because he is a baby. He is only out for himself and publicity. He offers nothing in the form of reporting.

Sure, but what about Acosta?

For the record, Acosta deserved the boot.
edit on 13-11-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Or maybe, just maybe...act like a grown man, and apologize for being a disruptive ass? Just a thought.

God, act like a child, get treated like one, then consequences... I'd apologize, personally...but then I'm something resembling an adult--I like to think so, anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Given that little snippet of behavior, I'm not really surprised he's divorced...at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Cue the Imperial March!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: notsure1
LMAO The cry babies over at CNN are suing the White house over Acostas credentials .

They are saying it is a violation of his freedom of the press and his constitutional rights.

LOL LOL LOL. Freedom of the press does not mean you get to just do whatever the hell you want and then act like a 3 year old toddler when you dont get your way.

When the POTUS tell you to sit down and STFU you sit down and STFU.

Cry babies lol.

www.cnn.com...

Personally....I'd just give him his pass back and never call on him. He would implode at some point.

Let him have his pass back but duct tape his mouth.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
This lawsuit is completely BS. If they seriously think that they will win the lawsuit they should rethink twice.

If CNN wins the lawsuit, next thing you'll see Jim Acosta throwing his poo... stinking up every press conference 10x more than before. Nothing new really... It's good to have a boogieman like Acosta, it reminds us how twisted the MSM is.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
SIX REASONS why the Trump-appointed judge will DENY CNN's lawsuit.

townhall.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Did someone of you take a real look at the law about this?

31 CFR 409.1 - Standard
§ 409.1 Standard.

In granting or denying a request for a security clearance made in response to an application for a White House press pass, officials of the Secret Service will be guided solely by the principle of whether the applicant presents a potential source of physical danger to the President and/or the family of the President so serious as to justify his or her exclusion from White House press privileges.
[ 43 FR 26718, June 22, 1978]

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Acosta pressed a bit hard but trump and their administration whole heartedly overreacted.

A sad day when you all are rooting for a reporter who presses hard to be barred from the White House.

Should Obama have banned a Fox News reporter if he asked too many "prying" questions?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Stop lying. Acosta was called on by Trump. He did not press hard. He was grandstanding. Last I checked Obama kicked someone out for merely saying something out of turn, they did not keep doing it, and Democrats and the press even cheered it on.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Yes, that is the security clearance associated with the press pass, not the press pass itself.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join