It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN sues President Trump and top White House aides for barring Jim Acosta

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
At least we now know his real name isn't Jim.

Fake name for fake news CNN 😆

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Mahogany

If they start kicking out more willy-nilly, I'll worry, but this is one reporter, and it's not like he hasn't misbehaved multiple times.

Eaxactly....only because it is CNN is this even in the news at all....and even more so because it is Acosta the attention whore.

There were at least 40 other reporters there asking questions....I wouldn't miss Acosta at all.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I believe in freedom of the press.

So do most folk
What they do not believe in is megalomaniacal egotists
In any public field

edit on 11/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Pretty sure the only reason Acosta is so angry is because he got a divorce in 2017 and has 2 kids. Likely was already really rocky in 2016 so he had to have someone to be angry at besides his now Ex.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

My sources at CNN tell me that Acostass is always angry because he has a small peen and has to tinkle sitting down.

And that he farts a lot and people laugh because it sounds squeaky.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe Trump should do it like Obama did...

Refusing to hold press conferences. For long stretches of his presidency, Obama refused to hold press conferences at all, going 10 months without a formal press conference in a critical stretch from 2009 to 2010.

Filibustering at press conferences. When Obama did, finally, hold press conference, he often limited the number of questions by delivering long, rambling, often condescending answers. He “wastes reporters’ time by refraining from answering questions with any candor,” Jack Shafer complained in Politico in 2016.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My sources at CNN tell me that Acostass is always angry because he has a small peen and has to tinkle sitting down.

And that he farts a lot and people laugh because it sounds squeaky.

So Stormy is a new correspondent?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The term is, "Whorespondent".

(trademarked)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The term is, "Whorespondent".

(trademarked)

Oh that is good....really really good. I'll be hitting you up to license the rights to use....

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: notsure1

Hahaha... at least it won't be a total loss for CNN. They get first-hand reporting on this story.

I couldn't help but notice this little tidbit

The suit was filed in U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C. on Tuesday morning. It was docketed and assigned to Judge Timothy J. Kelly, a Trump appointee. CNN is seeking a preliminary hearing as soon as possible.

Yeah, this will go over like a lead balloon.

TheRedneck

They'll still be making 'corrections' to their own stories

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Oh that is good....really really good. I'll be hitting you up to license the rights to use....

Stormy would own Acosta... As the aid would reach for the mike, Stormy would just deep throat it and stare at the poor aid until they left.

edit on 13-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's exactly what happened.
And Trump was the one who caved in. Acosta pushed him to his limits, showing his true colors.
Trump is the leader of the US, and bans a simple media figure for standing up to him. What will Trump do in the face of real threats? Go to twitter? Like he always does? Pick on the little guy or side with the bully like he always does? or keep silent and then brood like he always does and lash out on twitter?

He's not a leader, he's a bully, who has a massive superiority complex.
edit on 13-11-2018 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

And Trump was the one who caved in. Acosta pushed him to his limits, showing his true colors.

What do you want him to do? just wait Acosta out? The man was interrupting the conference and so Trump answered his two questions and told him to sit down, which he didn't do. Did you want to see security drag him out on his heels...I bet Acosta wished that happened...

Remember that wasn't the Acosta show...It was the President's news conference.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
CNN is not banned, just Acosta. They still have other people that can go in.

When this goes to the supreme court....

CNN is going to lose this case, and that will stop individual reporters from being jerks.
This is not a threat to the free press, but to stop them from driving a narrative instead of just reporting like they are suppose to.
edit on 13-11-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yea, tell him to shut up and sit down. But why ban him?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

For one because he wouldn't shut up, pass the mic, and sit down. Even using his superior strength to rebuff an intern asked to do her job. Did you even watch the exchange?

edit on 13-11-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

To be fair, this whole hysterical boycott of CNN by Trump, is starting to come across a little bit like the 1933 Nazi era...

Because of ONE reporting agency?
And how the he'll is he "boycotting" them?

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Twitter can ban, YouTube can ban, Google can ban, Facebook can ban. . . and it's cheered by the left.

The president sends a reporter out and people lose their sh#t.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

To be fair, this whole hysterical boycott of CNN by Trump, is starting to come across a little bit like the 1933 Nazi era...

You have got to be kidding me...? Close your eyes real hard and place yourself in front of Hitler making an ass out of yourself, mocking him. In this scenario do you see yourself just losing a pass and then suing Hitler.
You jokers with the Hitler line need to get a grip. Nobody has lost anything under Trump except a press pass and a mandatory tax for Obamacare. Not so bad. Not quite the SS yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Because the guy would not do it.... You also need to understand this isn't the first time either.

As example...

A day filled with sacred music and children’s laughter. A day of hope, joy and love. And the President’s annual Egg Roll is emblematic of re-birth. The President leaves politics at the door for a few moments and focuses on family.

For CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jim Acosta, none of that matters, not when Donald Trump is President. Acosta used the occasion to batter the President with comments about DACA.

Benny Johnson of the Daily Caller tweeted footage of Acosta’s outbursts. Behind a wall of reporters and photographers, Acosta hollered at President Trump, who was seated with a group of children, coloring.

President Trump nonchalantly replied.

Then he continued coloring with the group of children Acosta, dissatisfied with the answer, shouted back. You can hear Acosta yelling into a crowd of reporters as a marching band plays in the background.

The word “kill” really sticks out. It’s especially aggressive on Easter, a day of reverence and re-birth, but all the more so amid the festivities, at an event for children.

“It’s the lack of respect for the President, the malicious pursuit.”

It’s not only the disruptiveness of politics at a light-hearted event. It’s the lack of respect for the President, the malicious pursuit. It’s fair to assume that it never happened when Obama was President. The media was too busy idolizing him.

The guy is a tool...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join