It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN sues President Trump and top White House aides for barring Jim Acosta

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: notsure1
LMAO The cry babies over at CNN are suing the White house over Acostas credentials .

They are saying it is a violation of his freedom of the press and his constitutional rights.

LOL LOL LOL. Freedom of the press does not mean you get to just do whatever the hell you want and then act like a 3 year old toddler when you dont get your way.

When the POTUS tell you to sit down and STFU you sit down and STFU.

Cry babies lol.

www.cnn.com...

Personally....I'd just give him his pass back and never call on him. He would implode at some point.

They have tried that before, he just starts blurting stuff out till someone acknowledges him.

I am sure they could just make a new rule that if you ask a question without being called on or after POTUS has said "next" then you are ejected.

That or do it like they do to kids many times. If not everyone does it respectfully then everyone leaves. Keep doing that for a while and eventually they get it and keep eachother in line.

I know I'd be pissed at the guy who kept me from being able to ask a question just because he wanted to be an ass.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I'm still trying to figure out what Constitutional rights were violated.

Trump did not censor Acostas.
Trump did not censor CNN.

He's just no longer invited to ask Trump questions in the White House.

He can still ask Trump any question he or CNN wants.

edit on 13-11-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

To be fair, this whole hysterical boycott of CNN by Trump, is starting to come across a little bit like the 1933 Nazi era...

To be fair CNN has 50ish White House Press Pass Holders. SO Acosta not being allowed to go back isn't as big a deal as they are stating it to be. If you want to talk about NAZI era situations, then maybe go check out how CNN wants you to know what's going on in the world (ie through eyes views only)

Ha...yep...like them saying not to read Wikileaks and only listen to them because it is illegal to read it....LOL!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

First they came for Acostas, and all I did was laugh my ass off and call him a baby.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left, to call me a baby.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, I had a similar thought about the way so much of the media has begun portraying so much negative propaganda at the behest of a few deep staters and lobbyists. Perhaps the Nazi party your thinking of actually owns the media right now

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Its a huge waste of time. CNN is a joke. Tabloid news reporters asking the really "tough" questions.....not.

He got what he deserved for being a disrespectful dolt.
edit on 13-11-2018 by wdkirk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

You are spot on!

Acosta is no different from Sean Hannity or Bill O'Reilly... different sides of a single coin. I have trouble taking any of them seriously.

I don't know about CNN these days (I quit watching them cold turkey in late 2016), but on FOX the only reporters rarely get to show their faces. They're narrating stories on the actual news shows, which are anchored by pundits. I just want one news channel that will literally report the news without trying to tell me what I think of it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Goes both ways. Trump pulled a hissy fit and told the big bad mean man to leave. Because words hurt him.

Power of the press...I'm sure CNN has others on staff they can send...Acosta stopped reporting news a long time ago, he wants news to be about him now. As he was bloviating what about the other reporters waiting their turn. The press meeting was a few short minutes, so does Acosta get 1/2 that time to himself?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: notsure1
LMAO The cry babies over at CNN are suing the White house over Acostas credentials .

They are saying it is a violation of his freedom of the press and his constitutional rights.

LOL LOL LOL. Freedom of the press does not mean you get to just do whatever the hell you want and then act like a 3 year old toddler when you dont get your way.

When the POTUS tell you to sit down and STFU you sit down and STFU.

Cry babies lol.

www.cnn.com...

Personally....I'd just give him his pass back and never call on him. He would implode at some point.

They have tried that before, he just starts blurting stuff out till someone acknowledges him.

I am sure they could just make a new rule that if you ask a question without being called on or after POTUS has said "next" then you are ejected.

That or do it like they do to kids many times. If not everyone does it respectfully then everyone leaves. Keep doing that for a while and eventually they get it and keep eachother in line.

I know I'd be pissed at the guy who kept me from being able to ask a question just because he wanted to be an ass.

Pretty sure they already have that rule.

It's much easier to just take his pass than to have some security there to drag him out every day - which by the way he would intentionally make happen, because he wants to keep drilling home this BS about Trump being a dictator trying to take away his free speech.

I think taking away the press pass was the best solution. Out of sight out of mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

No. I was glad. Acosta can act like a baby all he wants on CNN, his freedom was not infringed on to act like a petulant partisan child.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Trump wasn't hurt. Try again. How about you go fight Canada that's looking to deport immigrants.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

CNN isn't boycotted and Trump literally called on Acosta before Acosta threw a hissy fit.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

To be fair, this whole hysterical boycott of CNN by Trump, is starting to come across a little bit like the 1933 Nazi era...

And cnn's 'reporting' makes idiocracy seem like a real documentary instead of a funny movie.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

The left cheered when Obama threw out someone who blurted out of turn. So they will do the same for Trump right, since they claim they aren't biased fake news.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The same people who want to make gun rights a privilege, think that a privilege of entering the White House is a right.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Goes both ways. Trump pulled a hissy fit and told the big bad mean man to leave. Because words hurt him.

When you are in charge and give an order. Either obay os suffer the consequences.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
. . . .and are we just going to sit idly by and be lectured on free expression by the same god-damned people who want to knock down statues???

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I thought they were boycotting the White House press conferences.

CNN should just send another talking head. Have rude loudmouth jackass start a go fund me and write a book.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

First they came for Acostas, and all I did was laugh my ass off and call him a baby.

Oh please! CNN has 50 hard passes. It's not like they're barred. Do you know how many media outlets would give their eyeteeth to have even one of those? CNN has 50; they lose 1 to one reporter, and it's a national incident. I hardly think so. There is no right to the White House press pool.
edit on 13-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

If they start kicking out more willy-nilly, I'll worry, but this is one reporter, and it's not like he hasn't misbehaved multiple times.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join