It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus never said that we are saved by Faith Alone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Under the Kingdom Gospel only Jews were preached to. Under the Gospel of the Grace of God all men alike are preached to. Under the Everlasting Gospel all men left standing at the end of the Great Tribulation or preached to. In the Millennial Kingdom Faith on Christ does not save they must do the works required for them to get into the book of life and even then none are assured of it until they are resurrected at the time described in Rev 20:12 and they find their names are in both books.

posted on Dec, 11 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I have heard this also. Really, I don't understand it completely.

I never received much instruction about Revelation at Sunday school. My understanding comes from my own reading and talking and listening to everyone else.

The way I understand this is there are two resurrections. First, there is the resurrection of the saints. This seems to be what they talk about as the rapture. They are already saved and need not fear the second death.

After that comes the millennium. Then follows the general resurrection, the white throne judgement. Those not saved are cast into the lake of fire where they are consumed.

So if the first group is already saved and the second group is not yet resurrected, how is it, " they must do the works required for them to get into the book of life"?

posted on Mar, 17 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Jesus says that being a child of God is a reward:

"But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil." - Luke 6:35

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" - Luke 6:46

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." - Matthew 5:9

It's important to be a peacemaker and focus on giving and helping people. This is what a True Child of God is. They are on The Narrow Path to God The Mercy Father through The Merciful and Loving Teachings of Jesus Christ.
edit on 3-17-2019 by lightofgratitude because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

This that is.... is the word of God.
What is actually happening is the complete thing..... there are no separate parts.

No one is doing anything...... so no one is doing wrong or right...... because there is no one separate to IT.

'You' are saved when it is realised that 'you' are not.
edit on 18-3-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Do you think the old testament laws are still valid?

I am not Woodcarver but will take a shot at that question.

Yes the laws of God written on the shells of sapphire are still valid. But that is not to say the laws of Moses are still valid. If you embrace the penalties of the commands and profess the covenant of God and the Hebrews, then you are professing the obedience to the ordinances and statutes of Moses. If you then profess this covenant between God and Hebrews through Moses, you cannot profess the covenant of Jesus as your saving grace.

In the event that one should rely upon the covenant of Moses for justification, that one can not rely upon becoming justified through faith of the Christ. Nevertheless the commands given to Noah are also given in the commands of Moses and the commands given to Moses were all taught and verified by Jesus. Then what is the difference between Moses and Jesus covenants? Moses' covenant was justified by the statutes and ordinances of which governed the commands. The commands of God are forever and do not change or diminish even in His kingdom. Look at the statutes and ordinances as the answer to your question.

To become a Christian or Jesus follower you must first believe in the covenant that Jesus offers. [Mind first] Then you must live in that faith [Body second] that your belief remains true. The faith [hope] of your choice to believe will then automatically reap good acts [works] of the body. In other words the mind always controls the body. Mind first-- Body second. Makes no difference what covenant you should want to accept, the mind must accept first and then the mind controls the works of the body.

Most people confuse this same question numerous times here on ATS with not understanding that good works are possible
outside of any covenant of God. Also bad works are possible outside of any covenant of God. But good works and bad works cannot be accredited by God without the acceptance of the covenannt with God. The mind must always become justified first and then body will follow.

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hebrews 5:9

9 And after he had been made perfect, he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him,

The Bible shows that you must have works, or acts of obedience, to prove that your faith is alive. (James 2:​24, 26) However, this does not mean that you can earn salvation. It is “God’s gift” based on his “undeserved kindness,” or “grace.”​—Ephesians 2:​8, 9; King James Version.

James 2:24,26

24 You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone.

26 Indeed, just as the body without spirit* [Or “breath.”] is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

Ephesians 2:8, 9

8 By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift. 9 No, it is not a result of works, so that no one should have grounds for boasting.

The entire provision for salvation is an expression of God’s undeserved kindness. There is no way that a descendant of Adam can gain salvation on his own, no matter how noble his works are. Salvation is a gift from God given to those who put faith in the sin-atoning value of the sacrifice of his Son. Does Hebrews 5:9 conflict with the statement that Christians are “saved through faith”? Not at all. Obedience simply demonstrates that their faith is genuine.

Jas. 2:14, RS: “What does it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith but has not works? Can his faith save him?”

A person does not earn salvation by his works. But anyone who has genuine faith will have works to go with it—works of obedience to the commands of God and Christ, works that demonstrate his faith and love. Without such works, his faith is dead.

Acts 16:30, 31, RS: “‘Men, what must I do to be saved?’ And they [Paul and Silas] said, ‘Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.’” (If that man and his household truly believed, would they not act in harmony with their belief? Certainly.)

Once a person is saved, is he always saved?

Jude 5, RS: “I desire to remind you, though you were once for all fully informed, that he who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe.” (Italics added.)

Matt. 24:13, RS: “He who endures to the end will be saved.” (So a person’s final salvation is not determined at the moment that he begins to put faith in Jesus.)

Phil. 2:12, RS: “As you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (This was addressed to “the saints,” or holy ones, at Philippi, as stated in Philippians 1:1. Paul urged them not to be overly confident but to realize that their final salvation was not yet assured.)

Heb. 10:26, 27, RS: “If we sin deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful prospect of judgment, and a fury of fire which will consume the adversaries.” (Thus the Bible does not go along with the idea that no matter what sins a person may commit after he is “saved” he will not lose his salvation. It encourages faithfulness. See also Hebrews 6:4-6, where it is shown that even a person anointed with holy spirit can lose his hope of salvation.)
edit on 20-3-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
" For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." - Jesus Christ (Matthew 5:20)

" Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Jesus Christ (Matthew 7:12)

Righteousness obeying The Law is important. Not The Torah (Law of Moses) but The Law of The Spirit which is Love and was taught by Jesus Christ so that we can live by The Spirit.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

If Jesus is God and he was resurrected then he really did not die at all.

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe no one really dies, maybe they're just watching us all make fools of ourselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe no one really dies, maybe they're just watching us all make fools of ourselves.

I think they are being well entertained!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join