It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus never said that we are saved by Faith Alone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you think the old testament laws are still valid?

No Jesus established a new covenant for Christians
Otherwise we would be Jews living Jewish laws

I don't mean to be rude Woodie but the amount of times you have commented on Christianity and you don't seem to understand the basic difference between Jew and Christian
There are a lot of people on this site who call themselves christians, and they all seem to have different beliefs. I don’t think it is out of line to question what an individual believes. Especially when i see you on here quite often telling other “christians that their beliefs are wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: SeaWorthy

So no drunken orgies in Heaven? It sounds pretty damn boring.

Pretty sure the kind of People who would find it boring need not worry about it

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

a reply to: lightofgratitude

Really, take a couple of passages out of context

So if Christians are not saved by faith in Jesus then we are saved by following the law, is that what you are saying

I don't think you have thought this through

Jesus was the "New Law"
So , yes.
I dont think you thought that one through , did you ?

edit on 11/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
No, that's correct that He didn't... But .....Paul did......

Lest you boast of your own doing
edit on 13-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I would put it like this;
Jesus demands both faith and obedience to his word, but faith comes first in order of time.
People had to believe in him, if only as God's emissary, before they would listen to anything he said.
He found that he could not work healing miracles in the absence of faith.
He told one woman Your faith has saved you, because she trusted his promise that her sins would be forgiven.
That is why he calls his followers "these little ones who believe in me".
There's no need to treat faith and obedience as though they were mutually exclusive. Just get them in the right order. Obedience follows on from faith.

Thank you for this post.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yeah, it's all me, yeah...

Exactly. I'm not the one bringing up sex with men, you are. But you're a good 'Christian'.

edit on 13-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Here we go with the Leftist hedonism!

Not a big fan of the ladies I take it.

Just curious if any of your posts (on any topic, in any thread) have ever contained anything but attempts at humor. Serious question.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Just curious if any of your posts (on any topic, in any thread) have ever contained anything but attempts at humor. Serious question.

Once upon a time, but I'm done with serious these days, there's more than enough of it to go around. You want to know why? No one took them serious and already had their minds made up to begin with. They just wanted some bias confirmation.

That answer your question?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You see my penchant for homo eroticism based on what?

You constantly bringing it up.

Me being a member of a mysterious, secret, all boys club where we don't share anything with the world, do our secrets behind closed doors at night, no women...

This is what I mean, your first thought goes to homoeroticism.

Yeah, it's all me, yeah I am the guy in the secret men's club, no women talking drunken orgies in the Christian thread
Yes clearly I am the man in the all men's club, with secrets, talking drunken orgies Augustus Masonicus, clearly it's me with the issues, and you will be happy to hear that we respect your type, love and embrace them in a non eros way

Should I repeat myself, I go to a church, everyone is welcome, women are equal to men. I didn't and don't discuss drunken orgies, you the member of the secret men's club did

Just found it interesting a member of a secret men's club was discussing drunken orgies
1+1=2
Doesn't take a genius to add those numbers

Just ignore him, man. He never contributes ANYTHING to a topic. Have you ever seen him contribute a fact or piece of knowledge? He throws his opinion out every once in a while but even then it's cloaked in some little joke. He comes in and makes a joke- usually doesn't even correspond to the topic at hand. Ignore.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Once upon a time, but I'm done with serious these days, there's more than enough of it to go around. You want to know why? No one took them serious and already had their minds made up to begin with. They just wanted some bias confirmation.

That answer your question?

It does, but I already knew the answer.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It does, but I already knew the answer.

Ah, just being pedantic. Good on you, we need some tedium every once in awhile. It breaks up the fun and makes it more savory.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Really, take a couple of passages out of context

So if Christians are not saved by faith in Jesus then we are saved by following the law, is that what you are saying

I don't think you have thought this through

Jesus was the "New Law"
So , yes.
I dont think you thought that one through , did you ?

No Jesus is Love, The new law is love, soooo

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

AM is alright, just thought the off topic post deserved a smack on the nose
No justice from moderators

Violation alert

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yeah, it's all me, yeah...

Exactly. I'm not the one bringing up sex with men, you are. But you're a good 'Christian'.

No, you are the Mens club member, private group boy talking drunkin orgies and you are in a secret mens club

I am not in any secret clubs and I didnt bring up orgies

Now go and complain to a moderator again

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you think the old testament laws are still valid?

No Jesus established a new covenant for Christians
Otherwise we would be Jews living Jewish laws

I don't mean to be rude Woodie but the amount of times you have commented on Christianity and you don't seem to understand the basic difference between Jew and Christian
There are a lot of people on this site who call themselves christians, and they all seem to have different beliefs. I don’t think it is out of line to question what an individual believes. Especially when i see you on here quite often telling other “christians that their beliefs are wrong.

No, I often disagree with many christians, are they wrong, I am not sure
I rarely say they are wrong but i can disagree with their opinion

I dont believe the bible is perfect, pretty sure its not. If they want to believe it is fine
Hell eternal? I dont think so, maybe but I doubt it
Creation or evolution, well I accept creation but evolution, I want evidence. I would never say a christians wrong about their beliefs in evolution

Faith or works, thats not debatable, its faith not works
Jesus completed, said "It is finished"

This issue is particularly important, there is no middle ground

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

There is a difference between salvation and glorifying Christ. One can be saved and not glorify Christ. That believer inherits no part of the Kingdom, but gets the Outer Darkness as Moses did when He struck the rock a second time. Notice below that both Matt 24:48-51 and Matt 25:29-30, believers (servants of Christ) are thrown into the Outer Darkness.

Matt 24:48 “But if that evil slave says in his heart, ‘My master is not coming for a long time,’ 49 and begins to beat his fellow slaves and eat and drink with drunkards; 50 the master of that slave will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour which he does not know, 51 and will cut him in pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 25:29 "For to everyone who has, more shall be given, and he will have an abundance; but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. 30 “Throw out the worthless slave into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Nevertheless, salvation is never lost, as it can only be gained by faith in Christ. Faith is the only act of love that a non-believer can show toward Christ. It is initiation into the spiritual life.

John 6:35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst. 36 “But I said to you that you have seen Me, and yet do not believe. 37 “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 “For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 “This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

No, you are the Mens club member, private group boy talking drunkin orgies and you are in a secret mens club

And the only one of us talking about that involving men is you. It's cool, Jesus still loves you even if you like dudes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join