It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The VA hasn't issued checks to some veterans in months, The dept Trump would fix quickly.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Eh... you might be right there...

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
The spin here is.....Unreal.

"There are many veterans, like Roundtree, across the country who are still waiting for VA to catch up with a backlog created after President Donald Trump signed the Forever GI Bill in 2017. The landmark piece of legislation greatly expanded benefits for veterans and their families, but it did not upgrade the VA's technical capabilities to account for those changes."

This has zero, and I mean ZERO, to do with Trump. I mean, I am the least political leaning person on anything. Literally both sides can die in a fire, and I would not care, but this is REACHING. As a technical person myself, this means some loser(s) at the VA basically didn't enter data into the system, that's completely all that means, and you are trying to..or perhaps pointing out with NBC, that it's somehow trump not acting, AFTER he signed the act??????

WTF?

Ha, this doens't suprise me one bit. Government will point out every single fiscal oversight in a budget because they'll always get the money for it if they do.

If this was the corporate world then GIS would be told to deal with it and make do the best they can. Oh, and they wouldn't miss a paycheck.

GET THESE VETS THEIR CHECKS!

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

more than half of the jobs I worked on this year were schools and government buildings, in fact if I get a call it's most likely a school, hospital or government building

the private sector can hardly afford trade union salaries right now

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The only thing that has allowed trade unions to become so strong is government contracts. The waste is so great companies can afford to deal with union demands that they couldn't deal with otherwise. Most large companies could not survive without government contracts, simply because their services are not as valuable in the private sector.

Sometimes, that's a good thing. NASA, for instance. No private company would even consider doing the things they do for science. But others are just accessories to criminal wastefulness. I can't blame them; I'd love a nice cushy government contract. I have to blame the government.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I see your point and agree to an extent.

but why is our tax dollars being spent on things that are 2-3x their actual market value in the private sector???

you're right the company I work for wouldn't exist without government contracts, I'm speaking about the VA from experience as well

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Could you please stop using veterans for your lying BS?

The VA has kept every veteran involved apprised of the situation.

Any veteran that has been adversely affected is frontloaded and served.

I don't defend the VA much, but this is part of the process of changing over and upgrading systems.

Save your fake outrage for something else. We both know you only give a # about veterans so long as you can use us as a weapon against Trump.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Been reading about that. Thanks for bringing it to light. Seems making hollow promises is far easier than delivering. What a waste. a reply to: BlackJackal

Surprised you're capable of reading, don't hurt yourself son.

Sorry to break this to you, but this is beyond our Great POTUS and any veteran that knows anything would know the problems long stem from mismanagment and previous administrations.

Course your blind hate and naive views of the world don't help.

Trump promised to help, he is going to try.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You would know.

Do you know how the vets in the article were kicked out of their residences?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I don't defend the VA much, but this is part of the process of changing over and upgrading systems.

Save your fake outrage for something else. We both know you only give a # about veterans so long as you can use us as a weapon against Trump.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

but why is our tax dollars being spent on things that are 2-3x their actual market value in the private sector???

For the very reasons I outlined earlier: profit.

Every department manager is almost forced to spend more than their budget. The government makes the overage good and their budget for the next year goes up. That equates to overtime, bonuses, and fancy toys to play with. Many years ago I bought 8 commercial video recording units for a couple hundred bucks total... they were worth several hundred each on the open market, used. Why would they sell them for that? To get rid of them so they could buy new ones and run over budget. How do I know? I knew the manager and he confided in me.

Every year, government offices upgrade, the vast majority of the time in order to fill up that budget. They have to rid themselves of older equipment at a terrible loss, or pay extra for whatever they need/want.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I can agree.

I went to the VA a couple months ago for a non-displace radial head fracture, sure the check in and vitals took an Hr and waiting in the doc another 45 mins, but for the most part, the care was good and the advice sound. My follow up went quick.

Never experienced bad VA, then again my ossue was small compared to chronic.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

that is disgusting

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

We agree.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If I remember correctly people were jumping all over Obama over the horrible IT Obamacare rollout nightmare.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes they were... and this is no better.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Don't hold your breath for d trump to even look into this. Election cycle is over.

But, in this administration's defense, fixing the VA is a process, not an event. It's going to take some time to establish a proper va administration in place; staff and technology.

And if he does work on this, we can expect your praise for him? LOL, you don't have to answer, your empty rhetoric will be just fine.

I’m not the author you replied to but I will publicly state that I will applaud Trump if he does something about this. Specifically if he fires someone and removes the influence his Mar-O-Largo friends currently have at the VA.

If trump fixes this I will applaud him...(and if he fixes this mess in calif with the fires I will applaud him for that as well) we will see but I will give credit where credit is due

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Heres the thing:

The GI bill pays basic assistance for housing allowance or BAH. It is ASSISTANCE to take the burden off the veteran so that he/she could go to school. It does NOT provide for all of the expenses of maintaining a home. Any veteran who thinks the GI Bill will cover everything with a monthly stipend is asking for trouble.

I receive GI Bill benefits. If I relied solely on that and my disability check I'd wind up on the street. Its not meant to replace a job, it is meant to supplement expenses.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thank you. I knew you'd have the inside info on this.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
If I remember correctly people were jumping all over Obama over the horrible IT Obamacare rollout nightmare.

If I remember correctly that did not have to be rushed. This is being rushed because it has been left as a problem for so long. If Trump waited and rolled this out slowly you would complain about the people waiting and Trump should have rushed it.

Why was the VA left in the state it is in?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join