It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coincidences of Oumuamua

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I simply find it amazing that this rock came from deep space somewhere. I mean where did it initially come from, how was it made, what gave it its forward momentum etc. Somewhere deep in space this rock was formed. The unknowns just make me so amazed at the unknowns of space

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So has everyone seen the new news that we have had another interstellar visitor recently? This is now number 2 that they have ever identified. Does that speak more to the technology we have today to see these things, or are they really super rare events that have now happened 2 times in 2 years?

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I simply find it amazing that this rock came from deep space somewhere. I mean where did it initially come from, how was it made, what gave it its forward momentum etc. Somewhere deep in space this rock was formed. The unknowns just make me so amazed at the unknowns of space

Heck, the entire solar system came from deep space somewhere.

Our solar system likely began in a relatively crowded nebula somewhere, alongside many other sister stars that also had their own stuff that would form their own solar systems.

The galaxy is a dynamic place with lots of moving parts, and the Sun's sister stars are now likely spread out in our part of the galaxy. One potential sister star that formed in the same stellar nursery as the Sun was found 110 light years away.

First 'Sibling' of Sun Found

They don't really know where that stellar nursery and/or cluster from which our Sun originated was located. The nebula almost certainly no longer exists, but the cluster might still be there, somewhere. One candidate cluster was M67 (about 2700 LY away) because it seemed to have stars similar to the sun in composition, but recent studies have cast major doubts on M67 as being the sun's "original hometown."

edit on 9/27/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: graysquirrel

In any case the new visitor is in Cancer, at R.A. 9:19

from this post (www.abovetopsecret.com...)

"C/2019 Q4 comes from the direction of Cassiopeia"

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

2. The maximum speed at the closest distance form the sun of Oumuamua is 196,000 miles per hour. This is with in 5% of the speed of light divided by the magic number 3600. This just happens to be the number of seconds per hour.

huh? Could you elaborate on this..

Peace

And in accordance with Planck's constant one must then divide by 7 with 7 being the atomic number of obfuscation.

LMAO!!

Now *this* post is funny!

Keep up the good work Miss Smarty Pants!!

Makes me think that there may just be some hope for this place after all...

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

OK - I just noticed that you thought it was a quip so nice, you posted it thrice...

2 demerits and no soup for you!

Come back in 1 week.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: moebius

Where do you have those numbers from?

Multiply by something, take the cube root and add 42.

Ha!

So sayeth the other members of the Douglas Adams fan club.

Carry on!

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
That's what makes my mind explode. Somewhere that large bit of rock originated from somewhere, it was created somewhere. Perhaps it was a piece of something larger and if so, what?! What created it? How was it created? These questions simiply amaze me

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here is a picture of (C/2019 Q4 (Boris).

The consensus is that the gases around this object are comet gas ejections. If this were true, the tail would get uniformly wider the greater the distance form the nucleus. As one can see there is a faint underline cone terminating in a point in the direction of the blur of the other stars. This is an indication of a thruster exhaust. The tail is actually pointing towards us. We are looking into the remains of a long deceleration burn from a ion type drive. Although the dive shut off some time before this picture, because this is deep space, the exhaust gasses will linger for a long time before dissipating.

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If this were true, the tail would get uniformly wider the greater the distance form the nucleus.
Looks very similar to other dim comets when still far from the Sun.

The tail is actually pointing towards us.
No. It's pointing away from the Sun.

We are looking into the remains of a long deceleration burn from a ion type drive.
So the comet is not showing acceleration toward the Sun? It's not following a normal orbital curve? That would make it hard for people to find, wouldn't it? How would they know where to look for it?

the exhaust gasses will linger for a long time before dissipating.
If they are exhaust gases, shouldn't they be moving away from the comet rather quickly? If not, where does the thrust come from?

edit on 9/30/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You really need to think things over vary carefully before you post replies !

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

You maybe should think before you post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join