It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Behind the Dramatic Rise in Violent Crime in the UK?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I left ATS and then was reminded of this film:

Maybe 'Escape from London' is next? It is now a security prison... albeit an open security prison.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
You couldn't pay me enough to live there, even offering the finest castle with grounds. I like living in a place where people generally use fists, and stabbing is frowned upon by pretty much everyone, even our criminals.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Criminals, that fight with fists?

Sounds like the old Double Dragon game.

Criminals fight with crime truth be told, your thinking about bare-knuckle boxers or the like.

The only reason your criminals frown upon stabbing one another is that you hail from a smallish community where they probably all know one another. Different story in a city with millions of people, a measure of anonymity, for one thing, is at play, then there is the vastly different scale of the ballpark to consider.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
You couldn't pay me enough to live there, even offering the finest castle with grounds. I like living in a place where people generally use fists, and stabbing is frowned upon by pretty much everyone, even our criminals.

Trust me, I've been wanting to get out of here for a while now... for many different reasons.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Must cost a bomb as well.

Not that the cost of living is cheap anywhere these days, but London is mental or so I'm lead to believe.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Yes mate, you are likely to get at worst a bat of some kind. Like a close friend said to me the other day, if he owes money you don't wanna kill him or he can't pay you back. It is cultural difference for sure.
I have friends in the roughest parts of Plymouth and I love it there, it's mostly decent people policing their own estates, and of course some crime which folk turn a blind eye to. Feels safe there though, and I've worked in some rough cities around Britain, and some are unsafe.
Couldn't pay me enough to live in London.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm sure London has its plus points and some good people. I would not wish to live there nether through, aside from the cost of living im lead to believe its full of Tories.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Lol, nope, nothing nice about London to me, I'll only ever visit there again to fly out of the UK, or protest government...or maybe appear at the Old Bailey court if I'm ever accused of some terrible crime.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Love to see some of the historical architecture and other points of interest all the same.

I'm quite interested in the Knights Templar history, the ethos and stories which surround there order, Londons full of there old buildings and other such architecture.

Been around it a few times, though it once, landed there before departing for other shores also a few times, but never actually been there for any significant period of time.

Might be a nice place to visit one day, crime scares me about as much as terrorists do. LoL

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I keep my wits about me wherever I am but more so in places that are known to have stabby people running around.
Re: Terrorists, heck I gave up being scared as a kid, there's always been some boogyman in my life, Soviets, IRA, WMD's from Iraq, Islamic Jihadis, and now Russia again lol, it's lame, more chance of being struck by lightning and killed than by a terrorist.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Mass immigration. Happens in Germany too.
Get a bunch of people that have nothing, they will take things from people thay have something .

I always thought that its gang on gang which usually is the case. But innocent people get acid attacked etc.

I would like to see the names of the people.causing the issues. I doubt they are Smith and jones

Mass immigration is bad any country.. key word is MASS. Not just imigimmigration ration

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Must cost a bomb as well.

Not that the cost of living is cheap anywhere these days, but London is mental or so I'm lead to believe.

It's free if you're on benefits and have problems so can'y work but even so.. part tie, you still wouldn't need to pay for rent up to a certain amount per year you can earn and hours per week without paying anything.

I used to pay big amounts of rent and that was over 13 years ago... 640 per month for 1 bed in east london, i even rented a place in kings cross once for 840 per month which was very silly of me to do but was sharing.

This stuff with the gang wars and other stabbings, you don't really see it until its in the news

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I reckon if London had beaches and waves they'd be a bit less stabby.
Environment massively changes social behaviour.
I swear I'd just die of natural causes if I lived there, my body simply giving up in a soulless metropolis.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I reckon if London had beaches and waves they'd be a bit less stabby.
Environment massively changes social behaviour.
I swear I'd just die of natural causes if I lived there, my body simply giving up in a soulless metropolis.

Well, it is a walled city now or should say a prison city.... an open prison. CCTV does nothing to stop any of it...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Camden is great....full of punks and skins and other great people who live and let live.

The rest of the place is a cesspit that should be cut out of the UK and placed as far away from these islands as possible.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
We should build a Trump style wall around the M25 that would fix most of Britain's problems.
London truly is a cess pit and not representative of the nation in any way.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The demographics of the country has changed.

This is how some cultures act in their home country.
Liberals think they can change and help everyone

Want a prediction, in the world there are certain countries that lead in homicides, they call them the murderer capitals of the world.

If you import people from the murder capitals of the world, your crime and murder rates will increase

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Just saw the videos and more on YouTube.

Lol, that Is an English street

Looks like the middle east.

This problem was 100% created by bleeding heart liberals and could have easily been prevented with common sense

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

The demographics of the country has changed.

And so they should, otherwise things stagnate....then they rot and decay.

Sure, we have problems with a certain group of immigrants not wishing to integrate....but that is not the cause of increased violence.

Liberals think they can change and help everyone

It would be just as accurate to say that Americans think they know best and believe that if we adopted all things American we'd be living in some star bangled paradise and all our problems would be solved.

Want a prediction, in the world there are certain countries that lead in homicides, they call them the murderer capitals of the world.

What sort of 'prediction' is that?
That is obvious!

If you import people from the murder capitals of the world, your crime and murder rates will increase

No more Yanks!!!
No more Yanks!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
Pmsl!

No more yanks! Your incident last night would have been someone shot dead in the US not just a sore knuckle for a few weeks.
Crazy how they shoot before fighting like men ain't it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join