It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Behind the Dramatic Rise in Violent Crime in the UK?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian
Lmao, I do actually collect old bricks from local brickworks when working on old houses, I have lots from different makers long gone now. London Bricks are boring as #.

On-topic, ban bricks, they can be used to kill lol

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: Flavian

On-topic, ban bricks, they can be used to kill lol

Unless you are an old dear. In which case, a decent half brick in the handbag can potentially save lives.

ETA:

I like a decent brick too........

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

And now the decline of the British empire makes sense. Sad a once great country reduced to rubble hopefully a new generation will come along and save you guys from the dustbin of history. Because looks like people like you have all ready given up on your country.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The british empire died a long time ago mate , i think that was during the battle of the somme according to many , the empire died that day!

I havent given up on the United kingdom though , Im still paying attention , I just dont think our government are fit for purpose and our system isnt fit for purpose and its time for us to move into a new model of governance , one which puts people animals and planet before profit !

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
First off, none of that which you lament is new to this period of history. Your kingdom and every other on Earth has been doing g the same since swords, catapults and bows and arrows.

Secondly, all y'all sure went off the deep end from the original topic. But I do enjoy the read so keep it up

If the citizens had the right to shoot dead the criminals in the streets the moment they violently cri e against you, I would think k the system And it's # all brokenness would be irrelevant as less and less young thugs would seek validity in violent crime overall.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

What is it with Americans coming on here telling us Brits how to do things? We don't want to end up living in the Wild West like you do.

I would have thought that the US gun crime epidemic is the last thing that we want to import from across the Pond.

We are already suffering your god-awful music. Have you no pity?

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

TV has loads of violent mixed martial arts on it and young kids must be being mind altered by this and such violence does need banning if it is held as a sport or glorfied.
Maybe Brits are predisposed to violence or something?

In view of the many forces that advocate or glorify violence, is it possible to become a truly peaceable person in today’s world? According to the Bible, yes we can.

The Bible? Mate they aint gonna listen to the Bible in the Crack ridden streets of Britains inner cities. Vey good points you make oin the other sides, but the Bible? How's that gonna wook out when the minds of the kids are being mind controlled by lack of the Father Figure, coked up at the same time and mixed martial arts broadcast over the net to mind control them into violence. The Bible is going out of fashion here mate, it's real old schooland nobody really cares for it any more. Britain ust is violent. I'll add another thing too Scottish people and Irish people and English people are by nature a violent breed, they always get into pub brawls one end the spectrum all the way to fighting warfare the other end of the spectrum which recently led to the biggets Empire recorded world history has ever seen a natural result of this tendency. I strongly believe it's just pit bull type genetics instilled into the island dwelllers, not everyone of course but there is a streak in these islands that drifts towards violence.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Honestly mate, if we were allowed pistols in the UK it would be absolute carnage. We are a violent enough society as it is once a few drinks are down our necks. The fist fighting is bad enough on weekends, if everyone carried firearms there would be killings on a scale that would dwarf the US.
I've spoken to a few mates about this today and we all agree, easy access to firearms would be a bad idea in the UK. Give me a broken jaw any day over a gunshot wound.

We are not even allowed glass pint glasses in my parts on the weekend, only plastic, because too many folk were suffering horrific injuries being 'glassed' in the face.
Britain is and always has been a violent place I'm afraid to say.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
not everyone of course but there is a streak in these islands that drifts towards violence.

Massively agree

It probably explains why we are generally polite to each other because once you turn it insulting you are basically asking for a fight.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Defo keep the guns away from Brits having them. Good lord it d be mad around here lol
Like fight club at the weeknd. We just stay in and hide these days til Sunday morning comes around

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Brits can't have a right to guns mate it would be mass murder as other posters hint at. There's too many people in too small an area with too much something or other in their psyche to let us have weapons like guns.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
It would be carnage if drunken Brits carried firearms, how many moments of madness can you imagine would happen on weekend nights in pub and clubland?!
Then our cops would be routinely armed and that is another scary thought. Nope, it would change our society for the worse in my opinion.
Letting us have shotguns and rifles is the safest status quo, pistols carried in public no chance, it would be killings every weekend when someone drunk got angry because someone called his mother a slag lol

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Yep:

"Oi - Did you spill my pint?"

BANG BANG BANG

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

The USA has 326 million with 393 million guns that shoot over 7 billion rounds of ammunition every year, very little of this ammunition is used to shoot at people, except for the 37,200 deaths which did occur. No one speaks about the 2.5 million crimes stopped by gun owners who pulled their guns when attacked, even though no shots were fired. Extensive gun control for the purchase of new weapons, only certain States where sale of personally used guns went through a re-check. According to a well known judge, in 30 years, she has never had a case involving a gun where the gun was purchased by the shooter, all were stolen guns.
Almost all of the killers were Black or Hispanic (Democrats), only about 4% were White. Of the Whites, the young ones were on doctor-ordered psychotropic drugs, the rest being low-lifes.

Additional Actions:
1. Keep you firearms locked up, especially if you have a child who is taking psychotropic drugs. Don't give them the combination...EVER.
2. Keep guns from Democrats

3. Strict police action against all those who violate the law, especially children, illegals/immigrants.

edit on 16/11/18 by chuckk because: Spelling correction

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It so would be "You looking at my pint?" madness!
Britain is violent enough without stupid scrotes being able to own pistols they bought at Tesco's.
I support our current gun laws, especially while our organised criminals don't usually use guns against 'civilians'.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

"The USA has 326 million with 393 million guns that shoot over 7 billion rounds of ammunition every year, very little of this ammunition is used to shoot at people, except for the 37,200 deaths which did occur."

Only 37,200 deaths? not worth bothering about. Obviously. Priceless!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Some folk in the UK would shoot you if you looked at them a bit funny. God forbid should you look at their bird.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

37,200? Pfft, that's nothing, only the average population of a small town in England...I wouldn't worry about that then.
...there would be killings galore in the UK on weekend nights if we Brits had easy access to pistols, I don't want to live in that world.

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Some folk in the UK would shoot you if you looked at them a bit funny. God forbid should you look at their bird.
I know, it is why I support current gun legislation in the UK!

posted on Nov, 16 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
Whether someone is going to follow the bible's advice (at the end of my comment regarding what to feed your mind and heart) is up to each individual, but it can be done. Which was the question I raised, whether it can be done, viewed personally or individually "in view of the many forces that advocate or glorify violence", or in spite of those (you can only control your own actions and attitude). Followed by that advice in the last 2 paragraphs on how to do it if one really wants to.

Of course as I already indicated, many people won't follow that advice, cause the Bible also says: “Wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse.”​—2 Timothy 3:13.

Whether something can be done or will be done are 2 different things. The ultimate solution to violence is yet another thing and discussed in the article at the end of my comment called "A Realistic Solution—Is It Possible?"

So if you want to know how that is going to work out, you'll just have to read it. But coming back to a more personal approach again and talking about what's possible with the right type of help:

THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES: I Was Bitter at Heart and Violent

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: MEXICO

HISTORY: VIOLENT ADOLESCENT, STREET FIGHTER
HOW THE BIBLE CHANGED MY LIFE:

I was greatly relieved to learn the truth about hellfire​—that it is not a Bible teaching. (Psalm 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5) Once I learned that, I no longer felt a morbid fear of God. Rather, I began to see him as a loving Father who wants the best for his children.

As I progressed in my Bible study, I saw the need to make changes in my personality. I needed to cultivate humility and stop resorting to violence. The counsel recorded at 1 Corinthians 15:33 helped me. It says: “Bad associations spoil useful habits,” or, as the footnote states, “corrupt good morals.” I realized that if I wanted to transform my personality, I needed to stop associating with people who had a negative influence on me. So I replaced my old friends with members of the true Christian congregation​—people who resolved their differences, not with blows or forms of violence, but by applying Bible principles.

Another passage of Scripture that had an impact on me was Romans 12:17-19. It says: “Return evil for evil to no one. . . . If possible, as far as it depends on you, be peaceable with all men. Do not avenge yourselves, . . . for it is written: ‘“Vengeance is mine; I will repay,” says Jehovah.’” I came to accept that Jehovah will take care of injustice in his own way and time. Little by little, I overcame my violent lifestyle.

I’ll never forget what happened one evening when I was returning home. A group of youths from a former rival gang attacked me, and the leader struck me on the back, shouting, “Defend yourself!” At that moment I said a brief prayer to Jehovah, asking him to help me endure the assault. Although I felt a very strong urge to retaliate, I was able to get away instead. The next day I encountered the gang leader by himself. Vengeful anger welled up in me, but again I silently begged Jehovah to help me control myself. To my surprise, the youth came right up to me and said: “Forgive me for what happened last night. The truth is, I would like to become like you. I want to study the Bible.” How glad I was that I had been able to control my anger! Thanks to that, we began to study the Bible together.

Yes, it can be done, even by those "in the Crack ridden streets of Britains inner cities", as you put it. There are many examples of those who have done it before, including beating drug addictions.
edit on 16-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join