It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Behind the Dramatic Rise in Violent Crime in the UK?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
attention merkins :

if you are going to offer commentary on the UK - its firearms ownership and crime rates

please have the decency to read and understand :

1 - the firearms act 1937

2 - the firearms act 1968

thanks in advance

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

Absolutely right. Guns have always been a rare thing here in the UK for centuries.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Religions are not a race, but I agree with you, these stabbings in London are not down to Muslims, although it is a particular problem in the black community. That cannot be denied, so yes it is a cultural problem.
Denying that social groups have particular problems resulted in Pakistani grooming rape gangs getting away with it for so long.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Religions are not a race, but I agree with you, these stabbings in London are not down to Muslims, although it is a particular problem in the black community. That cannot be denied, so yes it is a cultural problem.
Denying that social groups have particular problems resulted in Pakistani grooming rape gangs getting away with it for so long.

Watch it - the Yanks will be on here going on about free speech and reporting bans!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Yip it is a mad little place with a lot of folk in a tight area 70k pop? , i stayed with a lass before that up beside the Falkirk wheel that is the creepiest place i have ever been in my life we broke up and i was taking the mutt down the path towards the wheel when something spooked both of us the dog legged it and i did too about 8ish and still bright sounded like a T-rex creepy place !

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Oh I wish the population was that high!
last census on 2001 was 17K

Aye falkirk and grangemouth are indeed very strange places!

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I always thought it was a lot bigger pop in Grangemouth , i did like the area for walks and getting about i could be in London in a hour from there flying from Edinburgh

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Watch it - the Yanks will be on here going on about free speech and reporting bans!
Haha yes! They don't seem to grasp 'grossly offensive' in the digital communications act. I can even say 'down with the constitutional monarchy' but 'off with their heads' could be questionable but I don't advocate that so I should be okay.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

No, no, no. You can't say anything like that or you will be locked up without trial faster than you can say "Tommy Robinson". Have you leaned nothing on here?

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy
Pmsl! Maybe I should listen more to right wing US members on ATS, they seem to know loads about UK law from their tabloid newspaper sites lol...I'm just a humble citizen who lives here and negotiates the law everytime I post online.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Yes. I am anxiously waiting for the knock on the door just for talking to you.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The Crown is sending unmarked black SUV's to your house as I type this!
I'm lucky I'm using my son's wifi from next door so they'll knock at his first and I'll sneak out the back door.
#, I've said it now, they'll read this and know to knock at mine...no they won't, they don't know which side I live next to him...I still have a chance of freedom, life on the run from the free speech police lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The UK is totally different from the US. Guns here is a terrible idea.
The reason it's not viable to get rid of them in the US, even if there was not a god given right in the US constitution to keep firearms, is that there are already way too many in circulation that it is entirely uncontrollable. That ship has sailed.

In the UK we don't have that culture and let's keep it that way. The second you let people have guns to defend themselves, criminals will be armed to the teeth and will shoot first and take your wallet when you are dead - no need to risk injury to themselves.

The problem we have is that thugs are not properly punished. The police spend most of their time trying to find someone speeding - they are more like a profit centre than a protective force Visit a town centre and they are nowhere to be seen.
This coupled with a truly awful and clueless mayor of London and that is why London is such a violent sniphole.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
well you guys got illegals there like we do.
i see more garbage on the streets WAY more garbage these days.

also, if you walk into target or walmart, there is a chance the worker will NOT speak english.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You would be surprised at how easy it is to get a gun and ammo in the uk if you know the right people and for just a few hundred quid

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Massively agree

Our crim's have guns, they just use them or threaten each other with them. The average 'civilian' will never see one, but they are here in big numbers. The Eastern Europeans are the traders these days, everyone gets along fine.
There is a big cultural problem in London though, the society is different and for whatever reason they are more stabby and killy.

Gangs in my parts don't rent or sell guns to common nutters or people who haven't been vetted properly. They don't want the gun to bring it on top for them with authority, and they don't want it confiscated either. Common nutters can't get guns so less shootings. It would be carnage in Britain if any psycho could just buy a gun in town.
Heck we fight like # when we are drunk enough with fists, I can only imagine the deaths if drunk Brits on weekend nights carried guns.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Indeed, the drinking culture in this country is unlike anything the Americans could even imagine. Mixing their gun culture and our drinking culture would be like the film Kingsman.

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Pmsl! Maybe I should listen more to right wing US members on ATS, they seem to know loads about UK law from their tabloid newspaper sites lol..

Some of those guys seem to think you'll be attacked by knife wielding muslims the moment you step off the plane and if you complain about it you'll get 5 years in jail under our anti-freedom of speech laws.

It's truly scary the the image that some people get of a place after spending all their time locked in internet echo chambers. What is worse, is that they genuinely seem to think they know more about Britain than anyone who actually lives there, just because they've spent hours reading fake and/or cherry picked news while sitting in Ohio (or wherever).

posted on Nov, 15 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It really would be carnage, Brits are way more nuts in the bar/clubland drinking culture, nation of binge drinkers with guns would be way worse than what you see in the US.
Britain has always been violent inside most people, where I'm from men say 'Alright bud' to each other as they pass, even strangers...it is a message that you're cool and don't want a fight lol
Average Brits who can buy a gun at Tesco's or wherever would truly be carnage.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join