It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Wilson MBE 1943 – 2018

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
John Wilson MBE 1943 – 2018
Rest in Peace John Wilson – the laugh that never dies.

(No stars and flags please – I’m kind of hoping this reaches other UK anglers and maybe even John himself).

Anyone who knows ANYTHING about angling in the UK will be saddened to hear of the passing of one of our legends.
Today marks the passing of John Wilson.
John was not just an idol to anglers but also to the non-angling public. His relaxed approach to fishing and that laugh when he caught a fish was distinctive.
“Doing the do-si-do!” I’ve heard him laugh a couple of times saying this, referring to a tench or carp giving him the runaround.
“What a clonker!”

John recently hung up his hat and retired from one idyllic location in the UK to another idyllic location in Thailand, not for long though, typical of the caring soul he is, he missed his family and grandchildren so decided to move back.

His passion for fishing was matched by his skill for every discipline, a true master of the pastime and a real master of life.

My thoughts are with John’s family. He’s one guy our angling community here in the UK will not be forgetting in a hurry.

This is obviously not conspiracy or politically related but John brought so much happiness to so many lives that I urge everyone here who is caught up in unnatural political fighting to pull up a Youtube chair and see what you have been missing.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Loved Go Fishing back in the day. Brilliant bloke always made it seem more exciting than any of my trips ever turned out to be.
He lived his life doing what he loved as a job and a hobby - he’ll be missed by many.

new topics

join