It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the SCI FI channel taken a vested interest in the truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hey guys.
After thinking about this whole problem of trying to get at the truth. I've come up with an idea. To truly get to the truth of this problem it is gonna take some money and some man power. After all your up against a formitable oppenent, the US government. Nevertheless, I believe with a true committment to the truth and a little bit of ingenuity we can uncover the truth. So here is my IDEA!

It seems to me that the SCI FI channel has taken an interest in finding out the truth. The most recent documentaries on Rendalsham, Keckburg, and Roswell were extremely well done. Now obviously the SCI Fi channel is in it for themselfs. They realized there is money to be made from the ratings they get on these shows from true believers like ourselves.

NOW...if we can somehow convince the SCI FI channel that they are on the right path. That the millions of truth seekers love there documentaries, and are DYING to have them push even harder for the truth, to help us find that HARD EVIDENCE that we so desperately need. They might be inclined to throw even more money at finding out the truth. If they are convinced that their investment in these documentaries will give them a greater return in terms of ratings on their channel. I'm sure they will be willing to really push for the truth. They stand to make money from the ratings that will undoubtedly occur, and if they really uncover somethings earthshattering then they will be pioneers in ufology! They will make history!

So what do you guys think? I think this really can work. I think that it is the RESPONSIBLITY of every member of Abovetopsecret to at least give this a shot. WHAT SAY YOU!!!!???? Let start lobbying to SCI FI channel to really get on this! Lets start bombarding them with emails, letters, phone calls, and everything else we can think of! If money truly does make the world go around then they will have to listen to us. They will want a piece of this action.

SO WHAT SAY YOU?????????????

WHO WANTS TO GIVE THIS A TRY?????

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERlCK2
They realized there is money to be made from the ratings they get on these shows from true believers like ourselves.

There. You just stated what their "vested interest" actually is. Be assured that they aren't concerned about the truth (whatever that might be), just the money.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I know that, but if they put their money towards the right things they can find something. They always find great eyewitnesses. I know for sure that there is some military dude out there who is afraid to come forward. And in his posession he has a piece of a ufo, a piece of that metal. Someone SOMEWHERE has a piece of a ufo and they are afraid to come forward. SCI FI needs to find them. Lets make SCI FI work for us!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually, there was a similar thread on this a while back, and there seemed to be some behind the scenes hints that SFC's goals may actually have a little bit more to them than just profit... For one thing, they've been actively trying to acquire the rights to many of the most documented cases, etc. and have made considerable efforts at getting declassified documents, etc.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
SEE GUYS!!! DO THIS!!! It couldn't hurt. Lets find email addys for everyone at SCI FI, lets find the phone numbers for their offices, and their mailling adresses AND lets hit them hard. We need to let them know that we want the truth! And we will stand by them to the end no matter what the OSI and those other losers threaten. Seriously guys... as a whole we have a lot more power than you think! So lets stop sitting around talking...and lets start using these message boards to get our acts together, and start collectively asserting pressure on people to do our bidding!!!!

I WANT TO KNOW RIGHT NOW!!!

WHO IS IN??????

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Good news for the Sci Fi channel is that these documentaries are A LOT cheaper for them to make than all htese new Sci-Fi movies they keep on making. I'm sure Battle Star Galactica and such aren't cheap.

Bad news for us is they could find the truth and so many fools will say, "ahhh it's just the Sci-Fi Channel, nothing legit."

You have a great idea. We need to identify who has the money to bring the truth out and we will offer what they want from us in return. This could be ratings, some sort of support, etc, etc. We need resources and if we ourselves do not have them we need to find out who does.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:28 AM
link   
gazrok says:

"For one thing, they've been actively trying to acquire the rights to many of the most documented cases, etc. and have made considerable efforts at getting declassified documents, etc."

If they're trying to "acquire the rights" to something, thta means it's copyrighted, which means it's not government data, right?

Of course, if they can get hold of classified data (by getting it declassified), that would give them the ability to build some more "specials". But as far as I know, the Sci-Fi channel hasn't produced any "specials" or "documentaries". I mean, the "Fi" in "Sci-fi" does stand for "fiction".

I think anything the government has -- if it's not classified, that is -- is in the public domain. The government isn't going to hold a bidding war for television production companies.

I agree with the earlier poster; the Sci-Fi channel, like any other media outlet, is a business, and they're intersted in making a profit. I don't think the produceres and accountants for the Sci-Fi channel are any more interested in the reality of UFOs than the producers of "General Hospital" are interested in world health, or the producers of "All My Children" are interested in in child care.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Some of the only people that could help us are politicians. They have access to money and power. However, many of them are more concerned with their paycheck and their legacy than anything else.

If we are serious about getting the truth, it would take masses of people to group up and make a stand in the form of protests etc. I think a lot of people believe but they don't do anything about it because they fear being called crazy and goofy.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

agree with the earlier poster; the Sci-Fi channel, like any other media outlet, is a business, and they're intersted in making a profit. I don't think the produceres and accountants for the Sci-Fi channel are any more interested in the reality of UFOs than the producers of "General Hospital" are interested in world health, or the producers of "All My Children" are interested in in child care.

You may be right, but then again, could be killing two birds with one stone.

The rights they are acquiring are likely more CYA than info searches...

Of course, if they can get hold of classified data (by getting it declassified), that would give them the ability to build some more "specials". But as far as I know, the Sci-Fi channel hasn't produced any "specials" or "documentaries". I mean, the "Fi" in "Sci-fi" does stand for "fiction".

Yes, and this is what they've been doing. And they have produced some specials, such as the fairly recent one with Gumbel hosting, and highlighting the Ramey memo.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We are NEVER going to forcibly get evidence from the government. I believe protests and things of that nature to be in vain. They are too strong for that. I believe that few politicans even know where to go to get these files released. The agencies that control this information are not on the books. How can you get information from an agency that doesn't exsist.
In a case such as this we need to use our brains. We need to out smart the "giant" because we CANNOT stand toe to toe with him. We need to get at him went he in distracted or asleep!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Well, the giant has been doing this successfully for over a decade....your chances are slim and none...and slim just left town...

Disclosure will happen in only one of two scenarios...

1. When and if the government decides to come clean....
2. Whan and if the aliens decide to go public....

That's it.

Until then, all we can do is educate ourselves and others, so that when it does come, we have a better idea of what and who to believe....

Their existence isn't the big secret....I'm more concerned with:

1. What their motives are...
2. Why they've stayed secretive....
3. What the government knows of their agenda....

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What about when the next ufo crashes. And the public gets to it before the military does?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Usually when you "acquire the rights" to someone's story it means something like this:

person A has a story to tell
you pay them some money to ensure that:
i) they tell you the story (filming a documentary takes time outta their lives, brings on not-necessarily-welcome publicity, etc.)
ii) they won't tell anyone else the story while you've got the rights...this makes sure your documentary isn't beaten to the punch by some other production company

If they've already written something then you're in a slightly different situation, and the copyright stuff applies. Acquiring the rights to stuff not yet produced, especially in a documentary format, is more about locking up your sources and ensuring their cooperation than it is direct copyright (which you won't have until there's a finished work on offer); but if the rights are acquirable it means most likely that we're not seeing any government disclosure here, for basically the same reasons Off_The_Street pointed out: most (if not all) government documents are public domain or classified and only seldom if ever copywritten (I think there's a grey area in terms of stuff that is contracted to be written for the government, aka a Rand Commission briefing; while not technically a goverment document for most intents and purposes they may as well be).

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

What about when the next ufo crashes. And the public gets to it before the military does?

In another thread, we visited this scenario.

There are a number of ways to make such an incident go away.

If I were in charge, I'd state it was a crashed UAV test craft to track terrorist movements in the desert, utilizing an experimental nuclear drive for maximum aloft time over the target. By threatening a possible radioactive contamination, I could quarantine witnesses, identify the dangerous ones, and feed the coverstory to them all. By the time it'd be over, sure you'd have to explain how it was flying over a civilian area (computer guidance malfunction), but that'd really be about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No im talkin about when i Ufo crashes on my ranch,,,the first thing im gonna do is collect some of the wreckage for myself and hide it where no one will ever find it. Then i will have proof of the ufo, and will be able to test the material to prove it is extraterrestrial!

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
wat i dont understand is how nobody has agreed into this ?? wats up man ? Im IN. our goverment has gone way 2 long from keeping the truth from the public im not saying that we will get that far to get the goverment involved in something like this but atleast get close not to close or the goverment will just kill us all....
but yea we should get some numbers and email adresses

damn american goverment

new topics

top topics

join