It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

282 passengers on flight from Paris to Shanghai diverted to Siberia - stuck there since Sunday!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a movie plot.

A harsh environment and beautiful scenery, a group of strangers, a hotel, is the hotel haunted? Are there any wild animals about (not including the officials that have confiscated the docs)? Political protagonists?

Without the incomparable Herbert Lom, will the produces find a suitable mad ideologist wielding machetes?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: samuelsson
a reply to: Zaphod58

They sent a plane there, wich also had problems. Now they need a third plane.

Is that also in the norm?

When you have 192,465 flights per day(IATAAG) the statistics will catch up from time to time. and that number was from 5 years ago. The aircraft I regularly fly has 6 million parts, 171 miles of wiring and 5 miles of tubing. Most of them were made by the lowest bidder, so stuff breaks. I don't even want to think how many lines of code is in the software. The FAA has published a go/no-go list for the747-400, called the Minimum Equipment list. For example, on the 747-400, if the flight is full and one of the many cabin speakers isn't working, you can't go with the full load. If the little (annoying) chime that announces EICAS messages is out, you can't go. The list seems endless but it really only has 58 chapters. FAA regulations also requires that if you discover, during a flight, that something doesn't work, it must be listed on a "squawk sheet" listing in the flight log.
edit on 13-11-2018 by F4guy because: something on my laptop broke

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, I know it sucks when things like this happen, peoples schedules ruined and all.
But If it ever happened to me? (If I ever get on a plane.)
I would be damn thankful it didn't crash or explode.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join