It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tRump skips trip to Arlington, thankfully the French didn’t.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The only other sovereign nation evidence points to in assisting in the attacks of 9/11 is Saudi Arabia.

We didn't go to war with Iraq over 911...so what is your point? The war was actually started two years after 911...

As far as 911...

It is unclear whether President Chirac understood how his response to President Bush would be perceived, and it is possible he did not mean it as such. With that said, to America, the eve of the Iraq War was a time when we needed our allies. We needed their help, and, as we had helped them in the past, we expected they would help in some way or another. Chirac not only refused to help, he went on to insult and lecture America.

Had Chirac offered token support, financial help, or even logistical support, this would have been seen as honoring and upholding the alliance. Had he simply sent a squad with a jeep, this would have been seen as at least giving us some help. Had he simply refrained from commenting, this would have blown over eventually. His insults, and his refusal to help America when we needed help, destroyed the alliance and made France, for a time, a hated enemy rather than an ally.

Britain and Canada, Poland and Australia and New Zealand, even Kuwait: all helped us when we needed help. We saw this, and we remember who stood beside us in our hour of need. They each were willing to do their part, and as such they are seen as friends of America. What language they spoke is not important: what is vitally important to whether or not they are our allies is that they stood up and lent a hand, in whatever ways they could.

France, instead, choose to take a cheap shot at our back, and earned our intense dislike and mistrust as a nation.

I was pointing out my confusion how you were referencing France's take on Iraq had to do with 9/11.

(post by soundguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Firstly I had asked the op if the potus was scheduled to attend the ceremony in question. No response.

I dare say the OP will respond in time.

I don't think it was scheduled....but I think it was expected.

100 years since the end of WWI.
Surely its reasonable to expect The President of the United States to go to the National Military Cemetery to pay his respects on such an occasion?

According to this report instead he spent his time tweeting about Democrat conspiracies etc.

mic.com...

Not sure how unbiased it is but make of it what you will.

Secondly the op is complaining about the French, the same country whose leader is calling for a "european army" while honoring the sacrifices of American soldiers, so I do think it is relevant.

I've just been through the OP's posts in this thread and I can't see where he 'complained about The French', please show me.

Perhaps I am mistaken,but where did I call into question the statements made by the op?

Ok, maybe I was reading something between the lines that wasn't there.

Are you for a "european army"?

Not at all!
I'm all for NATO and all for other NATO countries paying their own way.
A start would be the agreed 2% of national GDP.

You see, one of the occasions where my lack of ideological restraints allows me to agree with Trump on this issue even though I disagree with him on others.
Its really pretty easy, you should try it if you haven't.

edit on 13/11/18 by Freeborn because: Grammar and punctuation this time

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
No one has still pieced it together. He told the Secret Service to cancel it, because it was raining and rain would have made his make up run.

I wonder how long it takes every morning to apply that make up and bronzer and wig. That is why his day starts at 11am in the White House.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Except the French trip wasn't cancelled by the Secret Service.

It was too misty to fly in a helicopter, but they could have gone via the motorcade, as Presidents frequently do.

But Trump decided he didn't want to go in the motorcade, so he didn't go.

Thus insulting veterans, the memory of the war dead, the entire French nation, and all of what were once America's closest friends and allies.

But hey, yeah, I await with interest to see how Trump supporters defend their glorious leader on this one.

I'm a veteran...no political affiliation, dont actually like the human named Donald Trump...and am not offended. That's right, NOT offended...mainly because I take a man's word for honor. If you tell me you cancelled because of rain...that's it...I dont accuse you of cancelling for some unknown reason. I don't go making up bs just for drama. An employee called in this morning because of a family emergency. You know what I did? I believed them. Crazy, huh?

Second, you can't offend the dead. They are dead. Zero feelings. Zero emotions.

You being offended on behalf of dead soldiers is cute and all, but highly ironic considering they aren't themselves offended....

A2D
edit on 13-11-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't think it was scheduled....but I think it was expected.

Because presidents make unscheduled drop ins on ceremonies all the time?
I would wager the French contingent was scheduled some time in advance, did they expect the potus' presence, or did they know potus was scheduled to be in paris on that sunday?
Trump was at the Suresnes American Cemetery and Memorial near Paris, where more than 1,500 Americans who died in the war are buried. So it is not like he did not attend ANY ceremony, just not the ones being complained about.

I've just been through the OP's posts in this thread and I can't see where he 'complained about The French', please show me.

You are correct. I had intended to post the op is about complaining about a ceremony in which the French were honoring sacrificed American soldiers, while the French leader is calling for a "european army" to protect against the USA.
Sorry I was not clear in my post.
I meant no disrespect for the French or their very nice ceremony.
I only meant the connection of the French ceremony and the words of the French leader.

Not at all! I'm all for NATO and all for other NATO countries paying their own way. A start would be the agreed 2% of national GDP. You see, one of the occasions where my lack of ideological restraints allows me to agree with Trump on this issue even though I disagree with him on others. Its really pretty easy, you should try it if you haven't.

Oh I am for NATO as well. I am also for all of the countries in NATO for equally sharing the cost.
I think a "european army" is a plan that was attempted to be executed long ago and thwarted long ago. Resurrecting it now and calling for it on the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 is crazy IMO.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I think Trump was either ill advised or just plain wrong not to go to the ceremony in France.
He should have at least come up with a better and more diplomatic excuse other than 'its raining'.
He is POTUS, he could have got there if he wanted.

What is unbelievable is that neither he nor Pence went to Arlington on the 100th anniversary of the end of WWI.

We honour those who have served, and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

We need to constantly remind every new generation of the sacrifices that have been made and of the horrors of war.

As for an EU army - an excuse, and possibly weapon, for France and Germany to ride roughshod over the rest of the EU.
No more referendums on exiting the monstrosity that is the EU.

The UK will never cower down to the French or Germans.

NATO has proved its worth and value.
But there are still threats out there and we need to maintain our vigilance and readiness and its only fair that every member of NATO, who all get equal benefits, pay at least the agreed 2% on defence.

I can't see any moral or economic reason why they shouldn't or why they should expect the US and others to carry the burden.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ugh, I’m terrible when it comes to replying to antagonists. Thank you for responding in such a classy way.

It always comes down to planning and priorities. If you are surrounding yourself with the best people, they should be planning for unexpected contingency’s. Hello.... life 1 oh 1. Let’s see. Play along if you will....... I’m going on a European trip as potus to commemorate the end of ww1. How do I plan?

Let me get my check list in order.

Please everyone add your thoughts on how, as president, you would plan this solemn trip. I’m truly curious.

Me, I’d probably bring some ashes of an American soldier and add them to the loss. I would give a speech that highlighted the losses the French people suffered at the hands of terrorists, Just a few years ago. I would reinforce our solidarity of purpose and thank them for their support and sacrifice.

But that’s just me.

Anyone on my staff check the weather and make a secondary plan? Huh!
a reply to: Freeborn

edit on 13-11-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I salute you! Well said. a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

I would probably not go and then laugh hysterically as people try to tell me I'm a horrible person...then I would go 3 weeks later on a "not so special" day...without press and publicity... because # the status quo.

A2D

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
When these are what you categorize as posts from antagonists:

Was he scheduled to attend that ceremony?
It was a nice gesture by the french group.

and

So as a veteran with a strong sense of patriotism I was wondering what you think of the French and German calls for a "european army" to protect against Russia, China and even the USA?

Don't bother with an actual answer.
Neither were antagonistic in any way nor were they meant to be.
Both were simple questions no more no less.
I will remember in the future to not ask questions your posts as such are taken as antagonistic.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
From the President:

"By the way, when the helicopter couldn't fly to the first cemetery in France because of almost zero visibility, I suggested driving. Secret Service said NO, too far from airport & big Paris shutdown. Speech next day at American Cemetary in pouring rain! Little reported-Fake News!"

You have any proof at all to back up your claim?

I wonder how long it takes every morning to apply that make up and bronzer and wig.

Do you have a crush on him or are you just jealous of his looks? You seem really worried about his process on getting ready for his day.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

If anything pops up to counter the security threat answer I will be happy to listen.
Otherwise this is complaining about things out of control, which about trump is par for the course; cause you know trump moved haarp and caused the rainstorm in the first place so he wouldn't have to share the stage with those dirty euros.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I see you want to persist on a question I don’t t have an answer to. Answer this....

Please, do tell. Why did he go to Europe at all then? What was this purpose of wasting my tax dollars for this trip all about?

The truth... he went to receive his performance evaluation from his boss.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I was pointing out my confusion how you were referencing France's take on Iraq had to do with 9/11.

I was just referring to the post about 911... Wasn't trying to combine the two

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I see you want to persist on a question I don’t t have an answer to.

Thanks for the honest answer.
No harm, no foul intended, I actually did not know if he was scheduled to attend.

Please, do tell. Why did he go to Europe at all then? What was this purpose of wasting my tax dollars for this trip,all about?

Apparently he went to attend a ceremony for the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1. His travel plans did not work out so he attended a ceremony at another location where American soldiers were buried. If you have any actual leaks, or evidence that there was no security threat and the secret service did not shut down travel to the scheduled appearance, please by all means post it.

The truth... he went to receive his performance evaluation from his boss.

And who would that be?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: DAVID64

The right also talked and still talks # about that.

But since it's trump it's all good

And I bet the left defended him with vigor. Then told everyone on the right how stupid they were being.
Then they do it lol.

the hypocrisy is astounding.

Then you'd be wrong... Again..

LOL yeah right. It is happening here . Find the thread about Obama skipping authored by a hateful rightie.

There probably isnt even one. Because there is no ODS.

How about this..... How about Trump criticizing Obama for skipping? He definitely qualifies as a hateful rightie.

My @foxandfriends int.on @FoxNewsInsider:“'We Have No Leadership': Trump Slams Obama for Skipping Paris Unity Rally”

TRUMP TWITTER
edit on 13-11-2018 by BlackJackal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
No one has still pieced it together. He told the Secret Service to cancel it, because it was raining and rain would have made his make up run.

...and because of rising damp affecting the 'ol bone spurs

A typical pisspoor showing allround from the thinskinned resident of the w/h
I think it's safe to say, given the teneur of the Twitterbating, that the Donald-Manu bromance is over
Or it could just be lovers tiff, sparked by jealousy "I want parades with rockets and tanks, just like in Fra.. oops"

Will the w/h be sending back that tree from Belleau wood that was quarantined ?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
God help us if our best and brightest can’t overcome a minor weather pattern. You should consider making me king cuck. At least I would give a great speech. a reply to: shooterbrody

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Except the French trip wasn't cancelled by the Secret Service.

It was too misty to fly in a helicopter, but they could have gone via the motorcade, as Presidents frequently do.

But Trump decided he didn't want to go in the motorcade, so he didn't go.

Thus insulting veterans, the memory of the war dead, the entire French nation, and all of what were once America's closest friends and allies.

But hey, yeah, I await with interest to see how Trump supporters defend their glorious leader on this one.

Lemme stop you right there.

After JFK, have you heard of a President traveling 2.5 hours by motorcade? Lets be honest. You'd have given him flak for all the traffic if he had.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join