It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tRump skips trip to Arlington, thankfully the French didn’t.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wahhhhhhhhh

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CriticalStinker

the kapernick thing was even more stupid than this.

for the life of me i cannot figure out why anyone cares.

I think it is because Trump had to make comments about it and what should happen. Otherwise it probably would have faded quickly. It got attached to a politic ball being thrown around.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

The fact that you idiots believe the media and actually believe it was about the rain is a damm disgrace to your kind.

The fact that you think it was anything but the rain says more.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If Cadet Bone Spurs feels the need to shirk his presidential duty then so be it. He should keep his mouth shut about the patriotism of others from now on then.

But we know he won't.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
a reply to: Xtrozero

Who remembers what the French said about 9/11 ?

Freedom fries. #### France.

Being in the AF for 28 years starting 1980 I can tell you the French was no friend of America for the vast majority of that time.

As example of a typical French move...

France refused to permit the F-111s to fly over its territory so the F-111s had to fly from their bases in England, around continental Europe, to bomb Libya. This required multiple aerial refueling.

As far as 911...

It is unclear whether President Chirac understood how his response to President Bush would be perceived, and it is possible he did not mean it as such. With that said, to America, the eve of the Iraq War was a time when we needed our allies. We needed their help, and, as we had helped them in the past, we expected they would help in some way or another. Chirac not only refused to help, he went on to insult and lecture America.

Had Chirac offered token support, financial help, or even logistical support, this would have been seen as honoring and upholding the alliance. Had he simply sent a squad with a jeep, this would have been seen as at least giving us some help. Had he simply refrained from commenting, this would have blown over eventually. His insults, and his refusal to help America when we needed help, destroyed the alliance and made France, for a time, a hated enemy rather than an ally.

Britain and Canada, Poland and Australia and New Zealand, even Kuwait: all helped us when we needed help. We saw this, and we remember who stood beside us in our hour of need. They each were willing to do their part, and as such they are seen as friends of America. What language they spoke is not important: what is vitally important to whether or not they are our allies is that they stood up and lent a hand, in whatever ways they could.

France, instead, choose to take a cheap shot at our back, and earned our intense dislike and mistrust as a nation.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Like I said #### France..

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

As far as 911...

As for what you put below that, as many knew then and we all know now, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

They (France) did help in Afghanistan though.

The only other sovereign nation evidence points to in assisting in the attacks of 9/11 is Saudi Arabia.
edit on 13-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The French did more yesterday than they did in WW2....they put down YOUR president and their Interior Minister says they need to create a force to counter the US and you post this garbage.

So what? Good for them. Do they want a f'n cookie for being decent?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
This last 3 years and much more so the last year the left has made me question all of my beliefs.

I know I dont want to be a liberal or democrat or even considered one I see how big of cry babies they are and just cant be a part of that drama.

So now I wonder if I have been wrong this whole time about Abortion, should it be her body her choice ? Since the damm idiot liberals believe that I cant anymore lol.

Should I reconsider religion and god? Should I start going to church every Sunday?

Should weed be legal? maybe I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Both parties are bastardized, that doesn't mean any individual belief is right or wrong just because they pander using them as part of their tools.

That said, it's always good to examine beliefs.

The Right and Left however own no ideas, they peddle them for votes.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 13-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well being a veteran with a strong sense of patriotism I take some things far more seriously than others. I’m probably older than you are so the first and second hand accounts of ww2 are fresh in my memory.

Grand dad, ww1 vet. After he returned he dug trenches in the yard I was told. My dad. Ww2 vet South Pacific. My Great uncle was d day lander. My next door neighbors lost their son in Vietnam, the car he drove still sits under the cover in their drive way. We named one of our main roads after him. The next fellow down(s) dad (my best friend at the time) ww2 bombardier. Other next door neighbor Korean kia. Next door down ww2 vet Europe. First house across the street end of the runway, Ww2, Vietnam vet. My other best friends dad, South Pacific marine. Saw it all and did all ...

You might say that I grew up around a lot people who saw a lot of horror and hell. So yeah, it’s kinda personal. Me, I’m an honorably discharged vet as is my brother (retired vet). My son is currently starting his third enlistment in the usn. Looks to be a career man and I couldn’t be more proud. Not very many people can do what he does.

You don’t know me. You only project the worst of you onto me. I have total disdain for draft dodgers. And I see trump as a draft dodger. A draft dodger that had a chance to somewhat redeem himself but he chose to behave, well like trump. Some things transcend political divides. And showing deference and humility towards our war dead is one of them.

a reply to: Arnie123

edit on 13-11-2018 by soundguy because: (no reason given)

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Don't you ever get tired of whining incessantly about your president? And he is your president. And you're going to have him as your president for six more years. Get used to it.

#yesheisyourpresident

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
Don't you ever get tired of whining incessantly about your president? And he is your president. And you're going to have him as your president for six more years. Get used to it.

Whining about the president is a national past time that has been practiced for a 100 years or more. Doubt it will end any time soon.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

So as a veteran with a strong sense of patriotism I was wondering what you think of the French and German calls for a "european army" to protect against Russia, China and even the USA?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I know I don't have a horse in this particular race....but where exactly is the relevance?

People make claims all the time here on ATS and everywhere else on the internet....I have no more reason to disbelieve this member than I have to disbelieve you, or anyone else.

Do all US vets have to be died-in-the-wool Republicans?

Aren't they allowed to have opposing views?

Are all your vets programmed to think the same and be the same?

Are different opinions discouraged, looked down upon and verboten in The Land of the Free?

edit on 13/11/18 by Freeborn because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The only other sovereign nation evidence points to in assisting in the attacks of 9/11 is Saudi Arabia.

We didn't go to war with Iraq over 911...so what is your point? The war was actually started two years after 911...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I know I don't have a horse in this particular race....but where exactly is the relevance?

Firstly I had asked the op if the potus was scheduled to attend the ceremony in question. No response.
Secondly the op is complaining about the French, the same country whose leader is calling for a "european army" while honoring the sacrifices of American soldiers, so I do think it is relevant.

People make claims all the time here on ATS and everywhere else on the internet....I have no more reason to disbelieve this member than I have to disbelieve you, or anyone else.

Perhaps I am mistaken,but where did I call into question the statements made by the op? Here is what I asked:

So as a veteran with a strong sense of patriotism I was wondering what you think of the French and German calls for a "european army" to protect against Russia, China and even the USA?

Do all US vets have to be died-in-the-wool Republicans?

Did I post he was, or needed to be?

Aren't they allowed to have opposing views?

Did I post that they were not?

Are all your vets programmed to think the same and be the same?

Did I post they were, or did I ask for the ops opinion?

Are different opinions discouraged, looked down upon and verboten in The Land of the Free?

Did I discourage any opinion, or did I ask for one?

Are you for a "european army"?

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Except the French trip wasn't cancelled by the Secret Service.

It was too misty to fly in a helicopter, but they could have gone via the motorcade, as Presidents frequently do.

But Trump decided he didn't want to go in the motorcade, so he didn't go.

Thus insulting veterans, the memory of the war dead, the entire French nation, and all of what were once America's closest friends and allies.

But hey, yeah, I await with interest to see how Trump supporters defend their glorious leader on this one.

trump keeps saying he loves our military...uh huh...until he has to take a long car ride to their graves to honor them for veterans day...maybe he can take his helicopter to that Wisconsin school where a bunch of white students had their picture taken smiling, while they gave the Nazi salute......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join