It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Bishops gather for anti-sex abuse measures, Vatican postpones the vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

BALTIMORE — Facing a reignited crisis of credibility over child sexual abuse, the Roman Catholic bishops of the United States came to a meeting in Baltimore on Monday prepared to show that they could hold themselves accountable. But in a last-minute surprise, the Vatican instructed the bishops to delay voting on a package of corrective measures until next year, when Pope Francis plans to hold a summit in Rome on the sexual abuse crisis for bishops from around the world. Many of the more than 350 American bishops gathered in Baltimore appeared stunned when they learned of the change of plans in the first few minutes of the meeting. www.nytimes.com...

While I accept that the pope could have a reasonable reason to postpone the vote, I cannot accept how the things in the Catholic Church are run. Already in the 6th year after the so lauded promises of change. And the sex scandal is not the biggest one, taking into account the majority of the cases happened long ago. While everyday Catholics encounter problems of other nature, that the Churches have zero tolerance to help...pardon the game of words...

Isn't it a time to start the reform of the reform of Francis? May be starting with himself as the leader of the flock? No...he will prefer to go down with the Church...for Christ's sake...Jesus wondered would he see faith when he comes back. I wonder would he see a catholic church the way we know it. (not the way he made the church, thats for sure)
edit on 13-11-2018 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Only cure for pedophilia is death.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
the Catholic leaders are just desperately outdated...with few exceptions...

Good, they danced on the youth synod...so what, OMG?

The little dragon Toothless from the popular serial for kids "How to train your dragon" seems to me WAY BETTER than some people in the Catholic hierarchy...What I am talking about, Toothless is definitely A GOOD BEING, while their images of angels and demons and hell are definitely flawed, to say the least...For what sin do you go to hell, for example? We all know their absurd answer.

CHANGE NOW! VOTE NOW! NOT IN US CHURCH, BUT IN THE UNIVERSAL CHURCH! LET FRANCIS' POLICY BE PUT TO A VOTE BY THE COMMON CATHOLICS, NOT BY CORRUPT PRELATES!!! And if he wins the vote, that frankly is quite possible having in mind he is the first pope to say many things, then he should be accountable too...not only after death before God. Paul Criticized Peter infront of everyone, and wrote it down for the generations to come! "The First See is judged by no one" we read in the absurd medieval interpretations of the Gospel of Jesus. Jesus did not say that. Instead, he rebuked Peter at times "Go away from me Satan!". Everyone could fail, including pope Francis. He wanted to do much. he either do it now, or better he retire at 82 and pray. for the rest of his life..,as a real monk that he is

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

The church of Novus Ordo deserves to die. They are perverted and corrupt. They subverted themselves into Vatican 2 and took over the Catholic Church.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Not too long ago the Pope just asked the believers to pray against the evil that causing the pedos, well, being pedos.

So, whats the rush about the voting, right? (being sarcastic here...)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

no rush...it is a problem in the Christian Churches for 2,000 years. Why should the monks live alone, if they are not homoerotic? And that is as it is.

The prelates just made the drop that overflows the cup. US bishops won't let that go, for the sake of their own flock that holds them accountable, unlike the flocks in Latin America or elsewhere

I will not post more, because I dont want my biased personal views to eclipse the comments on that exploding news...

February is not that far...or is it? Francis turns 82 in December. Benedict resigned in February. Perhaps, Francis wants to let his successor to deal with it...and IMO thats the best way he could do. Following the example of his predecessor.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic like I said above. There should be a rush. The pope shouldn't say such a stupid thing as asking for prayers against the pedo evil, instead he should use all his power to end it...

The fish stinks from the head. Great example here...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The Catholic church is evil.
The pope is a fraud and is evil.
Anyone who supports the catholic church is delusional.
Everyday catholics are delusional.

The pope has no reasonable reason to do anything but swim in the lake of fire for eternity for misleading, defrauding and misrepresenting the delusioned.

Any true christian (not the delusional) knows that Lysergic's solution is evil and therfore delusional. Castration is the only solution for pedophiles or sex crime perps.

LGBT communities encourage this type of abuse by desensitizing people to shall we say awkward behaviour so like the Catholic Church itself is delusional and evil.

If they all really held themselves accountable they would self castrate and place themselves in excile from the general public along with the LGBT weirdos.

Who cares about what francis thinks, if he wanted reform he would never have represented the great deception Catholic church.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Only cure for pedophilia is death.

Absolutely.
Do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Here is what the meeting will be like in real life..

"Fellow bishops and popes.. We must find another way, no more running the children through the back entrance at night this time"

"Sir I have an idea!'

"Good, we will delay voting and discuss it"

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I know what you mean...

and for those who think the popes authority is unchallenged given by Jesus Christ himself and by the history of the Church, let kindly remind them there are other Apostolic Churches in the East. Among other things, they:

1. allow married priesthood
2. allow up to three divorces although do not recommend them.
3. Elect their patriarchs at special election councils where there are representatives of all layers of society, laity yes, that vote between the hierarchy candidates who would be the next patriarch.
4. Allow for removal of patriarch by the Synod, if he would do something terribly wrong. The last one to be removed from his throne was the Greek Orthodox patriarch of Jerusalem Irenaios en.wikipedia.org...

And those churches are accepted by the Catholic church as having all sacraments, teaching, saints, etc.

Isn't it weird the Catholic Church who pretends for reforms since the days of the Inquisition, finds itself way back compared to the Orthodox Churches that keep the traditions intact.

And as we speak of tradition, how many of the Apostles were married? All but one, who was called the Beloved disciple...

I'd wish there is someone sane in the Vatican who realizes it is it, if they don't do something. Not talking, but doing
The pope must understand the pace he is moving on does not give a slight chance to people who have spent their entire lives in service of that Church, to see with their own eyes the new dawn. And because he is not a stupid person by any means, it should be read as Buying time for whatever reason

new topics

top topics

join